***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

96,024 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of y'all stumble onto the KKK rally? Lol, it was awesome!

This game is pretty great. It's definitely all about the experience and the world / people along the way. And the graphics on the X are as phenomenal as advertised. My mother in law was over today and she couldn't believe it was a video game.

Some of my favorite parts are things like slowing my horses run so I can hear and enjoy the creek I'm now walking beside. Pretty incredible experience.
Bregxit
AG
One thing that is driving me nuts is not being able to just pick up a gun but instead having to swap it for what I have. Example...I won a duel and the guy dropped his pistol which was a fancied up version of one in the game. I had to decide between leaving it or my Volcanic Pistol behind. Why can't I stash one in my bag?

Having a blast though. I can see playing this for the next few months.
Sq1dvm
AG
I picked up a shotgun and swapped it for my rifle. When I got back to my horse the rifle was still in the saddlebag weapon selection wheel, so I say grab the new guns every time.
BenFiasco14
AG
DownLoaded last night and played for about three hours, so in. No meaningful commentary to add yet but I'm loving it so far. I do kinda feel like rockstar went a bit overboard with the "artsy" feel to the game (like cinematic mode, especially if it forces you into it)

I noticed you can play the game in first person. Is anybody doing that?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Bones08
AG
I played more this weekend than I would like to admit and I know its early and the game has only been out for 3 days, but this game has shot up very quickly to become one of my favorite games I've ever played.

I have loved almost every moment in the open world with this game. The missions have been a blast and the random encounters and things I have happened upon have absolutely blown my mind. What a fantastic and amazing world.

I have 30 stories I could tell about my experience with this game, from huge mission set pieces to tiny moments just soaking everything in.
zip04
AG
Holy hell this is hilarious. Especially the part where he tries to go up the mountain a couple of times on his horse.

AggieKO
AG
Humorous Username said:

I'm about 7.5 hours in, and I am enjoying the slow pace of life in the game.

This is a game where, if I was still single and childless, I would only work, sleep, and play this game each day.
class play game sleep repeat haha
jr15aggie
AG
That video.... lol... CHARLES!!!!!
MW03
AG
The bounty system is the only knock for me so far. Early on in the game, got a bounty for running over a dog in the street with my horse. OK fine. Next time out, waited on my horse for people to pass, guy stops and mad dogs me, got a bounty for "disturbing the peace". OK fine. Come upon a woman getting beat up, intervened, fist fight. Woman runs off, apparently reported me for murder, got a bounty.

Alright then. So you get these bounties. No big whoop. Except they keep accruing. Guys chase you down, you shoot one. Bounty goes up. More guys chase you, you DIE. Bounty stays! What the hell, man. So if the bounty hunter kills me, he doesn't go collect the bounty? I just die and then still have to get chased until I pay it?

$175 at the post office later, and I can finally set foot in Valentine again.

Woof.
Humorous Username
AG
AggieKO said:

Humorous Username said:

I'm about 7.5 hours in, and I am enjoying the slow pace of life in the game.

This is a game where, if I was still single and childless, I would only work, sleep, and play this game each day.
class play game sleep repeat haha

That was my roommate. The guy would play through an entire season of Madden '03 in two days.
Humorous Username
AG
Things I like so far:

- Knocking out my first bounty as he kept trying to talk to me whilst on my horse.

- Hunting everything.

- Hosea

Things I don't like so far:

- Not having enough time to play.
Bones08
AG
This may or may not help regarding the bounty system (from the official guide):

AirplaneAg09
AG
Sq1dvm said:

I picked up a shotgun and swapped it for my rifle. When I got back to my horse the rifle was still in the saddlebag weapon selection wheel, so I say grab the new guns every time.
Yeah, always pick them up and they'll be added to your book at least.
Grits
AG
I didn't dl the game yet, but I can't wait. All the commentary I've seen proves that it is living up to the hype!
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
Laser Wolf
zip04 said:

Holy hell this is hilarious. Especially the part where he tries to go up the mountain a couple of times on his horse.

Are there any spoilers in this video? I'm scared to watch because I am only at 20% game completion.
Thunder18
AG
I don't think there is anything major that is spoiled in the video. Unless lassoing and killing people in funny ways is a spoiler
jr15aggie
AG
No spoilers, unless this guy is ruining some of the jackassery ideas you might have had.

The thing with the water I did once accidentally. Saved a chick being kidnapped / hog tied behind a horse. After I killed the rider and got her off the horse, and gently set her on the ground. Oops, forgot we were in shin high creek water... she visibly sucked in a couple mouthfulls as I put her face down to cut her loose. Yeah, she didn't even thank me, she took off LOL. I wonder if she'd have shared a secret with me had I not done such a piss poor job of rescuing her.

And since I'm telling stories, there was another guy whose leg was very severely caught in a bear trap. I offered to help and when prompted to hit the A button I was hitting B by mistake. The trap ended up closing on his leg again, he let out a series of yelps, and then bled out. Perhaps he too would have given me something for my efforts...

Man, I suck, but damn it feels good to be a gangster in this game!
Robk
I keep getting jumped by 4 or 7 rival gang members while riding and get my rear handed to me. I suck.
Prime0882
AG
Robk said:

I keep getting jumped by 4 or 7 rival gang members while riding and get my rear handed to me. I suck.
I've tried to stop and fight, but I keep getting my rear handed to me as well. Think the best bet in this game would be, like in real life, if it's 1v5 in a gunfight I should probably run.
AirplaneAg09
AG
JRC0811 said:

Robk said:

I've tried to stop and fight, but I keep getting my rear handed to me as well. Think the best bet in this game would be, like in real life, if it's 1v5 in a gunfight I should probably run.
I've been hightailing in the opposite direction until I find good enough cover somewhere, then stop and turn and pick them all off with the repeater as they ride up. Loot the bodies, put a few extra rounds in the corpses for fun and be on my merry way.
Laser Wolf
AirplaneAg09 said:

JRC0811 said:

Robk said:

I've been hightailing in the opposite direction until I find good enough cover somewhere, then stop and turn and pick them all off with the repeater as they ride up. Loot the bodies, put a few extra rounds in the corpses for fun and be on my merry way.

I either do this or use dead eye while riding to pick them off quickly as each one approaches. Aim for the head with dead eye!
Prime0882
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

JRC0811 said:

Robk said:

I've only had time over the weekend to play a few sessions, but this was going to be my next tactic, too. Cover seems to be really important in the early parts of the game since we've no body armor (that I've come across), like in the GTA series.

Lord knows I have to get out of the Destiny mindset of "big group? time to pull out my rocket launcher." My Cattleman's Revolver doesn't seem to pack the same kind of punch.
MW03
AG
Are yall tweaking out your weapons at all? I bought the Springfield and put a scope on it, bought up the better ammo for the other guns, improved rifling/sights/length on the non-shotguns.

Not sure when I'll get to unlock the other stuff.

Side note, about a Hosea mission

When you do the mission to steal the stagecoach and you sneak into the house, make sure you check the chimney for a nice fat stack.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Haven't bought any weapons but have been wasting money customizing pretty much all of mine. Once you get the second holster, the pistols look pretty sweet with pearl grips, gold inlays, etc.
jokershady
AG
Felt bad about one random encounter I had. Rode past a horse that was dead on the ground, and in the distance was a woman wearing all white walking away.

She asked me for help and I agreed. The next thing I had to do was get on my horse....well....apparently I wasn't close enough to the horse....or too close to her, and proceeded to choke her with both hands when I pushed triangle.

I literally yelled out, "Oh ****! No!" Well she ran off screaming and wouldn't let me help her after that. So I decided **** it and just shot her and looted her body.
MW03
AG
Ha! I came across a woman that had fallen under a horse. Helped get her out, then she asks for a ride into town. Lady says, "Uh, there's no room for me on that horse" considering that I'd just shot a bighorn. Left her ass there.
jtstanley4621
AG
I actually came across a guy who was just... dead on his horse? Like he horse passed me on my horse and the guy just slumped off the horse and fell to the ground dead.

I of course then looted his body with zero hesitation.
zip04
AG
The different encounters with people are amazing. It almost makes me want to start a second game on it where I am just an ass to everyone and don't care about honor.
InnerCityAg
MW03 said:

Ha! I came across a woman that had fallen under a horse. Helped get her out, then she asks for a ride into town. Lady says, "Uh, there's no room for me on that horse" considering that I'd just shot a bighorn. Left her ass there.

I did the exact same, except mine was a pronghorn.
jr15aggie
AG
Think I just lost my pre order War Horse!

Did a mission where you get a nice race horse. The game specifically mentioned how it wasn't my saddle with my crap. So I get back to the main camp where my war horse was tied up, took the saddle off and put it in my new one. Then I took my new one for a test drive.

Friggin War Horse is completely gone now. Even went to the stables and it doesn't show up under my owned horses or available as a free purchase like when I first got her.

You friggin kidding me!
n_touch
Are you able to use the War horse in the regular game?
Bregxit
AG
n_touch said:

Are you able to use the War horse in the regular game?
Yes. That is what I am using at the moment though I am about to switch to the thoroughbred tonight. The war horse is just too slow and clunky for me.
kill0509
AG
Intentionally not reading the thread so I don't get any spoilers, just now got to the camp as I have been really limited on gaming this past week. That being said, SIAP but thought we could all appreciate these:

Humorous Username
AG
Best random encounter so far:

Me: Riding from camp to Emerald Ranch, when in the distance, I see and hear a man fumbling to take care of his horse's hoof/shoe.

Stranger: Fumbles with horse, and is startled by me as I ride closer. This causes him to lose his grip on the horse's hind leg, and fall to his knees.

Stranger's horse: Kicks the stranger in the head, instantly killing him.

Me: Loots stranger's body.
Bregxit
AG
Humorous Username said:

Best random encounter so far:

Me: Riding from camp to Emerald Ranch, when in the distance, I see and hear a man fumbling to take care of his horse's hoof/shoe.

Stranger: Fumbles with horse, and is startled by me as I ride closer. This causes him to lose his grip on the horse's hind leg, and fall to his knees.

Stranger's horse: Kicks the stranger in the head, instantly killing him.

Me: Loots stranger's body.

I've had the same one. I had to pause I was laughing so hard.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.