***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,995 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
AZAG08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is some nudity-ish. I'm not very far along but in the scene where you go drinking in town you walk in on people with hookers

If you search Red Dead Redemption 2 drinking with Lenny there are youtube videos that show the whole part that you play through. You can see for yourself if you think its appropriate

Others that have made it further in the game might have other examples
AirplaneAg09
AG
I'd say this is by far the most lowkey Rockstar title I've played when it comes to the gratuitous sexual stuff. There's a lot more conversational innuendo that might go right over a 13 yr old's head than just the outright scantily clad hookers or anything like that.
Laser Wolf
Teddy Perkins said:

Laser Wolf said:

Where can I get a perfect iguana skin?

Is it only available later in the game? Please no spoilers.

Thanks! That was easy.
Laser Wolf
AirplaneAg09 said:

I'd say this is by far the most lowkey Rockstar title I've played when it comes to the gratuitous sexual stuff. There's a lot more conversational innuendo that might go right over a 13 yr old's head than just the outright scantily clad hookers or anything like that.

I don't even think you can sleep with prostitutes in this game. They will proposition you, but your only option is to decline.
jokershady
AG
Laser Wolf said:

AirplaneAg09 said:

I don't even think you can sleep with prostitutes in this game. They will proposition you, but your only option is to decline.
To be fair, I don't remember there being any of that in the original RDR either.

I remembered RDR being way lower in tone when compared to the GTA series
jokershady
AG
Is there a place to see individual stats? I remembered in RDR as well as all GTA games since rockstar took over you could always look things up like:

Total time played
Distance traveled on foot
Favorite handgun
Favorite shotgun
Accuracy
etc.....

Is there a place to find stuff like this?
jtstanley4621
AG
Does anyone use the fast travel a lot? I could afford to upgrade and get it but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
MW03
AG
dumbass question time....

how do i zoom in with scoped weapons?
E
AG
I think it is up on the d-pad
Bregxit
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Does anyone use the fast travel a lot? I could afford to upgrade and get it but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
I used it once and haven't since. I don't spend much time in camp so I just ride everywhere. I enjoy the scenery.
jtstanley4621
AG
Also there's not a way to turn off having to mash X to sprint on your horse, is there? I changed the 3rd person controls to "traditional FPS" or whatever it's called and it's so much better to just click the stick to sprint. Dumb that you can't do something similar on the horse. I feel like I'm wearing out my controller with how much I have to hit it to sprint.
k20dub
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Also there's not a way to turn off having to mash X to sprint on your horse, is there? I changed the 3rd person controls to "traditional FPS" or whatever it's called and it's so much better to just click the stick to sprint. Dumb that you can't do something similar on the horse. I feel like I'm wearing out my controller with how much I have to hit it to sprint.
I got so confused at the beginning when you have to hit "A" twice or once then a long press to keep up with the pack or go ahead of the pack, fall behind, etc. I usually just mash A a bunch while on the horse and ride on my own.
TonsterPS
AG
Same.
IJones23
You can set a marker to where you're going start trotting and hold down the back button (cinematic camera) and it will take you there, but you can adjust how fast and slow you can go.
Sq1dvm
AG
Other than the sniper (rolling block maybe? ) can you zoom with with a scope? I thought adding scopes just increased accuracy.

As far the horse I tap A until I get the speed I want and then just hold it down.

I stink at killing snakes and getting good hides. Anyone have pointers? I've been trying small game arrows, going into deadeye, then trying to make a shot.
ac04
if you're hunting, look at animals through the binoculars to determine how many stars they are out of three. if they're less than three i keep looking.

if three stars, study the animal and show info with RB to see what you need to shoot it with for a clean kill.

three stars + correct weapon + good shot placement = perfect pelt/skin
Bregxit
AG
Sq1dvm said:

Other than the sniper (rolling block maybe? ) can you zoom with with a scope? I thought adding scopes just increased accuracy.

As far the horse I tap A until I get the speed I want and then just hold it down.

I stink at killing snakes and getting good hides. Anyone have pointers? I've been trying small game arrows, going into deadeye, then trying to make a shot.
On Xbox (assuming the same on PS4) pushing down on the D-pad while aiming brings up the scope on any rifle you have one equipped on. Pushing down again goes back to point aiming. I have not tried pushing up to zoom the scope as mentioned above though.
hph6203
AG
Somebody tell me how to find a freaking badger!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
v
Cromagnum
AG
ac04 said:

if you're hunting, look at animals through the binoculars to determine how many stars they are out of three. if they're less than three i keep looking.

if three stars, study the animal and show info with RB to see what you need to shoot it with for a clean kill.

three stars + correct weapon + good shot placement = perfect pelt/skin

After you have studied the animal once, you can poke R1 when aiming at the critter with L2 to see how good it's pelt is.
tk for tu juan
Humorous Username said:

Kind of a spoiler, so I'll err on the side of caution.

**** YOU, MICAH BELL! You are a worthless, s##t-heel of a human. May your suffering be eternal.

I nearly broke my B button trying to punch that misterfalcon off the cliff.

They did an awesome job selecting the music to set the mood for that final ride to camp. Knew then it was the last of Aurthur. I was not expecting the saying goodbye to your horse scene. Got a little misty for my War Horse that made it thru the whole game even after multiple collisions with stage coaches and trees.
jokershady
AG
Humorous Username
AG
hph6203 said:

Somebody tell me how to find a freaking badger!

Usually near the Madison area.
Humorous Username
AG
"Christ, that stew was awful"
jokershady
AG
Here's his review of the first one. Jeez I love Zero Punctuation he's the only thing good on "The Escapist"

ac04
decided i'd head into the mountains and rob a train since i hadn't done that yet. it didn't go well so i was forced to run away by driving the train. i accidentally called for my horse in the chaos and then ran him over, so i rage-lured enough lawmen on to a bridge to accumulate a $530 bounty by knocking them all off. fun, but not worth losing my dang horse again.
Cromagnum
AG
Confirmed that you can hogtie someone and drop them off in front of a gator to become gator food. I greeted someone near St Denis who got lippy so this was the only way to deal with them appropriately.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Go big or go home
Thunder18
AG
Oh I like that
ironmanag
AG
I have not had a single duel. Anyone else?

No one even challenges me except that drunk fool who passes out in Valentine.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Robk
ironmanag said:

I have not had a single duel. Anyone else?

No one even challenges me except that drunk fool who passes out in Valentine.

I did not get my first until epilogue 1. Bumped into somebody entering a saloon.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Go try hanging around the saloon in Van Horn and Annesburg,
Thunder18
AG
Anyone completed all the master hunter challenges yet? I am on the kill 5 cougars with a bow and it is a freaking grind trying to spawn camp those sneaky ****s
jr15aggie
AG
I seem to always wander over to random camp fires to see what's going on. And I'm shocked with 3/4 of them tell me to beat it or get lost.... pffft, well, I have to shoot you now, jerk!
nomad2007
AG
Thunder18 said:

Anyone completed all the master hunter challenges yet? I am on the kill 5 cougars with a bow and it is a freaking grind trying to spawn camp those sneaky ****s
Somebody told me to use potent predator bait to attract them, then I spent three hours hunting ****ing blackberries and found exactly one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.