***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

96,036 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
zip04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got the white Arabian tonight. Knocked out the legendary bison while I was there.
ac04
got on last night after quite a few beers during thursday night football and wound up in a crazy gun battle with bounty hunters. neither me or my horse survived. RIP targa.
nomad2007
AG
I called out to a stagecoach near Valentine, it stopped, glitch floated 40 feet into the air, fell killing the passengers and horses, and I was then wanted. Best bug so far. The bugs are more funny than annoying in this game.
k20dub
AG
Finally pulled the trigger for this the other day.

Last night, I spent an hour and a half tracking and killing the bear with Hosea. Skinning it. Putting it on the back of my horse, riding back, killing a gang of Driscolls and then a few more as I was looting their bodies. Then a random house with a dog barking outside. Killed that guy and looted his house. Rode back and took the bear skin to make a hat out of it. This game is awesome.
Jason Ag
AG
Cowboys vs Aleins?
MW03
AG
The Grizzleys are the jam for hunting. Went up there to knock out a the Flacco fight, and ended up running into everything from rabbit to bear and all the inbetween. Ended up taking down a nice elk and got attacked by a couple of white wolves when I was loading it up. Pro tip: listen to your horse whinny. Anyways, made it back to camp with 2 fresh wolf pelts too.

Funny story, as I was riding back, some dude passed me and mouthed off. Typically, I play games like this as "chaotic good" for the most part. Anyway, I turned around and he was maddogging me. He pulls a gun, so I draw to fire, only I had my bow equipped. Ended up putting on directly into his horse's head. It bucks him, and I think he's dead, so I hop off and go investigate. Ahole gets up and tries to stab me. Being the dumbass I am, I still had the bow equipped. Hit him in the leg with an arrow. Down he goes, up he comes, and I still had the effin bow out there. Ended up putting one in his eye to seal the deal.

Looted him for about $0.36. What a jerk. Couldnt even steal his horse.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Had my first bad glitch playing for a little before work this morning.

Stole a stagecoach for the fence at Emerald Ranch and when I delivered it he didn't pay me. Went around the side and I couldn't use any of his fence services either. All of the sudden, 4 or 5 lawmen show up at the barn without there ever being a wanted level. I surrendered(dumb), spent the night in jail and when I got released I could no longer access any items in the wheel, open my satchel, sprint with my horse etc.

Was playing on my non-autosave game too so it ended up setting me back without the legendary wolf and elk I'd killed about an hour before. Such is life in Old West.
Broba Fett
Had one in an early quest where you fetch horses that went wild from a wagon. Went to lead the horse back and something goofy happened and the horse started cross stepping sideways slightly faster than I could run. Called my horse but before I could catch up he danced his ass sideways off a cliff and died.
Broba Fett
I crack up at how Arthur baby talks his horse, especially to calm it down. I ran mine into a bigass rock and he's all like "it's awright girl, it's jus a scratch".
jokershady
AG
Whelp....learned that the special horses you get with the upgraded game don't disappear when they die.

Was riding "Lone Star" through St Denis and realized the gun shop owner there had a side operation I could rob. Well....tried aiming my gun at him and apparently that wasn't the right way to go about it cause it didn't trigger him walking me back there.

Instead, we exchanged shots....killed him.....then hopped on my horse and tried to get out of there. Ended up running into a small waist high poll and knocked my horse over and the rest is history.

Fortunately went back to the stables in Valentine and there he was! Still free but different coat and was back to level one.

Side note....don't like the "profanity system" in naming your horse.....I tried naming my new one Puddin' (shut up it's a good horse name) and it wouldn't let me. Ironic that this feature comes from Rockstar games....

Interesting thing though...saw a video that if you try naming your horse "Sarah J Parker" it'll trigger the profanity alert. Funny Easter egg they decided to put in cause of things like this apparently....

https://sarahjessicaparkerlookslikeahorse.com

Broba Fett
jokershady said:

Whelp....learned that the special horses you get with the upgraded game don't disappear when they die.

Was riding "Lone Star" through St Denis and realized the gun shop owner there had a side operation I could rob. Well....tried aiming my gun at him and apparently that wasn't the right way to go about it cause it didn't trigger him walking me back there.

Instead, we exchanged shots....killed him.....then hopped on my horse and tried to get out of there. Ended up running into a small waist high poll and knocked my horse over and the rest is history.

Fortunately went back to the stables in Valentine and there he was! Still free but different coat and was back to level one.

Side note....don't like the "profanity system" in naming your horse.....I tried naming my new one Puddin' (shut up it's a good horse name) and it wouldn't let me. Ironic that this feature comes from Rockstar games....

Interesting thing though...saw a video that if you try naming your horse "Sarah J Parker" it'll trigger the profanity alert. Funny Easter egg they decided to put in cause of things like this apparently....

https://sarahjessicaparkerlookslikeahorse.com

I named one Sarah Parker and it worked fine.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
It wouldn't let me name mine Deuce.
jokershady
AG
I think it has to in some way be specific to Sarah Jessica Parker....I'll try and find the video

Edit: having a hard time finding the video but here's a website: http://screeneggs.com/video-game/37224/
MW03
AG
Named my second horse Ginuwine
Bregxit
AG
MW03 said:

Named my Arabian, Artex.
DVC2010
AG
Went all the way out to catch and tame the Arabian. Before I could even get back to camp, I galloped into another horse and killed her.
Broba Fett
I about lost my **** laughing at the traveling circus side mission.

Once I realized that all the animals are common ones painted up to be zoo ones. Then when the dog is dead and you just throw it in the cage to get eaten like you give zero ****s about it
jr15aggie
AG
MW03 said:

Did you ride it, your pony?
zip04
AG
Have you completely finished that side mission?

I was laughing at that one as well.
Humorous Username
AG
Finished that one last night. Definitely an oddity.

On a different note, I'm about ready to act violently and savagely toward the Lemoyne Raiders at their hideout. I'm fed up seeing those guys terrorize the good people of Louisi... err, Lemoyne.
IJones23
Spent hours leveling my Arabian "Booger Sugar" all the way up, we both survived shoot outs and sliding down the side of a mountain, but a Lemoyne Raiders ambush would be her demise. R.I.P
redbaron788
AG
I tried to save a tax collector (against my better judgement) tied up at a campsite. Raider got up to execute him, I activate deadeye and headshot all five, one guy falls into the campfire. I start looting then head over to cut the guy loose but he's dead. Then I noticed he caught fire from the raider
Tomdoss92
AG
redbaron788 said:

I tried to save a tax collector (against my better judgement) tied up at a campsite. Raider got up to execute him, I activate deadeye and headshot all five, one guy falls into the campfire. I start looting then head over to cut the guy loose but he's dead. Then I noticed he caught fire from the raider
hmm taxman is flammable. good to know.
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
I keep tripping over things on my horse at the most inopportune times
tlepoC
AG
Trick with the horse in sketchy areas is to not steer it. Just hold the walk button and let the horse guide itself around trees and rocks.
Houag98
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I keep tripping over things on my horse at the most inopportune times
I hear you, I keep running over people in town and have to wait out the assault charges
Laser Wolf
I just finished making the Bear Hunter outfit with the trapper. I'm one BAMF now, but people I walk/ride by think I'm wierd.

"You wear that by choice?"
nomad2007
AG
I just discovered last night that there is a nearly complete New Austin area of the map. Can't believe I missed it.

I can't remember exactly how long before the first game this game is supposed to take place, but it was cool to ride through all the areas from the first game, like Armadillo, and see them developing into what they'll look like in the first game.
Laser Wolf
I saw that on the fast travel map, but I haven't tried riding over to it. Without spoiling anything, is it only accessible later in the game?
Thunder18
AG
It's my understanding that it's accessible throughout the game, but you would likely get hunted down by bounty hunters/law enforcement if you ride over there prior to the epilogue
Laser Wolf
Thunder18 said:

It's my understanding that it's accessible throughout the game, but you would likely get hunted down by bounty hunters/law enforcement if you ride over there prior to the epilogue

Ok that makes sense. I have tried to ride into Blackwater to see what I can see and the lawmen gunned me down pretty quick even after I killed the first wave of lawmen that attacked me.
jr15aggie
AG
Friggin love this guy and his horse named Charles!!!

nomad2007
AG
Laser Wolf said:

I saw that on the fast travel map, but I haven't tried riding over to it. Without spoiling anything, is it only accessible later in the game?
I finished the entire story before I went there, so I don't know if you can get there prior to that.
flakrat
AG
Why no PC version. Argh!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.