***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,972 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Humorous Username
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

I'm only in Chapter 3, and I think my favorite mission so far was one I did last night. Serving drinks at the bar with Hosea and then the massive brawl with the raiders after the fact. Riding shotgun on the stage. That was excellent.

Hosea is the mentor we all need.
Broba Fett
Just made it to Chapter 5 and cannot wait to get past it. Worst part of the game in my opinion.
Laser Wolf
Just finished the epilogue. I liked RDR1's epilogue ending better. This one was confusing.

Any word on when the multiplayer will be taken out of beta and released?
johnnyblaze36
AG
Broba Fett said:

LMAO

This is one of the funniest things I've watched in a long time.
Laser Wolf
Broba Fett said:

LMAO

I'm dying laughing.
Broba Fett
So Charlotte asked me if there was anything else she could do for me, so I hog-tied her and took her for a ride. Unfortunately a cougar spooked our horse and decided it would eat her for a snack when we got bucked off. Guess I'll never know what she had in mind.
Broba Fett
Are you taking me back?
CashMoneyYo
Disappointed about multiplayer. Beta version after release?? and it's pretty much hot garbage.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I haven't played online since Friday. The same guy killed me 5 times in a row within 10 seconds of me respawning, so I just says eff that
Laser Wolf
I've moved on to Smash Bros Ultimate. No more RDR2 for me until they release the finished multiplayer. I'm not going to beta test for them.
BenFiasco14
AG
Finally completed the story in its entirety.

I gotta say, this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. I put it at #2, just behind the Witcher 3. The story was so phenomenal and I felt so connected to many of the characters. It's insanely rare for a game to make me feel that way. This game is such an achievement and was ridiculously fun.

If anybody would ever ask how video games could be considered art, I'd show them this game. Bravo Rockstar! They truly outdid themselves. I wish we could get another red dead instead of another GTA

Arthur Morgan is my favorite video game protagonist ever. I don't think I've ever played a game where you learn so much about the thoughts, feelings, and morals of a main character like you do with Arthur. Especially if you read his journal throughout the game.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BenFiasco14
AG
Also does anyone know if they're gonna release the soundtrack for this game? The music was amazing.

The Willie Nelson song was a big surprise!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Just did a quick search on ITunes music and it is on there
BenFiasco14
AG
Dang, it's not on Spotify
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Join us..... on the dark side....
tk for tu juan
Just do it the old fashion way and record it directly from the internet (or on to cassette tape from FM radio if you are old enough to remember that)

BenFiasco14
AG
Ive actually been listening to this exact video at work today. So good.
Humorous Username
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Finally completed the story in its entirety.

I gotta say, this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. I put it at #2, just behind the Witcher 3. The story was so phenomenal and I felt so connected to many of the characters. It's insanely rare for a game to make me feel that way. This game is such an achievement and was ridiculously fun.

If anybody would ever ask how video games could be considered art, I'd show them this game. Bravo Rockstar! They truly outdid themselves. I wish we could get another red dead instead of another GTA

Arthur Morgan is my favorite video game protagonist ever. I don't think I've ever played a game where you learn so much about the thoughts, feelings, and morals of a main character like you do with Arthur. Especially if you read his journal throughout the game.

I would absolutely buy an RDR3 that had you playing primarily as Sadie after the events of the epilogue.
Geralt of Rivia
S
It's really a shame that Arthur never got to mount Sadie
tk for tu juan
Geralt of Rivia said:

It's really a shame that Arthur never got to mount Sadie

Especially after she stabbed that dude in the neck and was covered in blood. Authur (maybe me) got the weirdest boner
jtstanley4621
AG
So here's a confession: I sorta stopped playing, and I don't know if I'm going to go back any time soon. I enjoy it when I do play it, but it exhausts me for some reason.

It's interesting because I wholeheartedly acknowledge it as a masterpiece of a game, and it's definitely one of the best games I played this year. My roommate recently got the new smash bros and I've been playing that a ton. Totally okay with hitting a deep pause on Red Dead, maybe permanently.
ironmanag
AG
How do you do the text cover for spoilers?
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
BenFiasco14
AG
Music from the very last mission in the game. I seriously lifted weights to this musical score yesterday. Definitely one of the cooler instrumentals in a game in a long time. Definitely had a Hateful 8 / Django Unchained vibe

BenFiasco14
AG
ironmanag said:

How do you do the text cover for spoilers?
[ sp ] Text [ / sp ]

Without all the spaces in the brackets
ironmanag
AG
Thanks

I usually don't get emotionally invested in games, but when the pinkertons shot Josea, and watching Arthur get weaker and weaker I got a lump in my throat and some dust in my eye.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
TresPuertas
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

So here's a confession: I sorta stopped playing, and I don't know if I'm going to go back any time soon. I enjoy it when I do play it, but it exhausts me for some reason.

It's interesting because I wholeheartedly acknowledge it as a masterpiece of a game, and it's definitely one of the best games I played this year. My roommate recently got the new smash bros and I've been playing that a ton. Totally okay with hitting a deep pause on Red Dead, maybe permanently.

This is me exactly. I have 2 young kids and sometimes after a day or work and then dad duties, this game is just too much. Played for the first time in about 3 weeks last night and it's almost like another responsibility.

BenFiasco14
AG
Agreed, but it seems like after he lost Mary's love, and then had a son who died, Arthur just gave up on love/sex entirely
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
If you go to Saint Denis Fence, you can buy pamphlets to make all sorts of explosives.
Cromagnum
AG
Rumor mill has it that Rockstar is gonna be doing a Red Dead Redemption remaster with the RDR2 engine. Sign me up yesterday.
jokershady
AG
Finished the entire game + epilogue last night and with the exception of the side quests trying to find stuff I'm fairly certain I've completed all side missions as well.

holy **** this has been one of the best stories of a game I've played. As far as any narrative rockstar has done this is #1 hands down. It was late so while the credits were playing I was starting to doze off but for those that finished were there cutscenes showing the government tracking down John basically leading up to the first game? Was hoping they'd tie the two games together kinda in the way Rouge One did it for Star Wars but no matter....still amazing!

Was very invested in the final showdown between Micah, me, and Dutch. Thought the way it ended was pretty awesome too. Apparently there's different endings in the main game so curious to see if anyone else had a different ending for the epilogue....for me Dutch was the one who actually shot Micah to get Sadie away and then I delivered the final kill shots in bullettime.

Got more to add on it later but damn this was fun and sad that it's over. Time to get back to Fortnite and playing RDR2 online.
BenFiasco14
AG
Where'd you see that?

And yes, shut up and take my money
BenFiasco14
AG
jokershady said:

Finished the entire game + epilogue last night and with the exception of the side quests trying to find stuff I'm fairly certain I've completed all side missions as well.

holy **** this has been one of the best stories of a game I've played. As far as any narrative rockstar has done this is #1 hands down. It was late so while the credits were playing I was starting to doze off but for those that finished were there cutscenes showing the government tracking down John basically leading up to the first game? Was hoping they'd tie the two games together kinda in the way Rouge One did it for Star Wars but no matter....still amazing!

Was very invested in the final showdown between Micah, me, and Dutch. Thought the way it ended was pretty awesome too. Apparently there's different endings in the main game so curious to see if anyone else had a different ending for the epilogue....for me Dutch was the one who actually shot Micah to get Sadie away and then I delivered the final kill shots in bullettime.

Got more to add on it later but damn this was fun and sad that it's over. Time to get back to Fortnite and playing RDR2 online.

To answer your question, yes, there are scenes in the credits that show the detectives tracking John down. It starts with them finding Micah's body, then they sort of follow the foot steps of the game. The detectives go to Valentine I remember specifically. It ends with them finding johns ranch
Tomdoss92
AG
TresPuertas said:

jtstanley4621 said:

This is me exactly. I have 2 young kids and sometimes after a day or work and then dad duties, this game is just too much. Played for the first time in about 3 weeks last night and it's almost like another responsibility.

me three. seems to take too long to "jump in" with load times and then oh crap i've got to ride all the way over there just to check this box.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Anybody know about this scene over by Braitheaite Manor?

Showed up as X on radar indicating a dead body.

tlepoC
AG
Find the note

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.