***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

96,034 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Stringfellow Hawke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Murfree Gang?
Not a Bot
AG
Whenever I play an open world game, it always turns into a "I wonder what would happen if I did this..." festival.

I haven't gotten far into the story.

Without knowing any of the future plot, I decided to go ahead and rob every store in Valentine and kill all witnesses including the clerks. Probably not the best idea for bounty sake, but give it some time, the clerks regenerate and still do business with you although they are a little skittish. Note that if you do this you won't be of the ride 100' without a posse trying to kill you.

After that, I just rode around the map to find things, ended up in the big city and died multiple times robbing random people. A lot of cops in that town.

The fun part is when you rob random people on the road in the wilderness. Give me lip? You might get dumped over a waterfall. Or you might find yourself tied up a foot away from predator bait.

I hope my character isn't supposed to have a heart, because I basically just play him like a pure old west heel.
AG @ HEART
Who has been ambushed by the Lamoyne Raiders? I've been IED'd and maxim gunned.

The ways they came up with ambushes, and ways they know a player will antagonize NPCs that where all a part of a bigger plan to kill Arthur shows they know gamer nature. You go to investigate and bam a wagon with a machine gun rolls up or the night folk run out from behind trees.
Geralt of Rivia
S
They usually get me when I come out of a bridge or when I'm in cinematic view and not paying attention
Batzarro
AG
"Or you might find yourself tied up a foot away from predator bait."

Thanks for this new innovative solution to mouthy NPCs Cactus Jack!!
Not a Bot
AG
It doesn't really work all that often, most of the time they are able to break free from the ropes and run before the predator shows up.
AZAG08
AG
Does anyone else feel like they really suck at fishing in this game?

I got one fish all the way to the bank twice only to have it eventually break my line after about 20 min of messing with this thing

What am I doing wrong?
ironmanag
AG
When they start splashing stop reeling and push the stick the opposite way. A cheat way to attract more fish is to kill an animal and drop it in the water near the bank. The fish will swarm.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Humorous Username
AG
I caught two gigantic Muskie the first time I fished for them, and now every one of them ends up breaking my line as I can't reel them in to save my life.
AZAG08
AG
ironmanag said:

When they start splashing stop reeling and push the stick the opposite way. A cheat way to attract more fish is to kill an animal and drop it in the water near the bank. The fish will swarm.

I do it that exact way

Have not tried the animal trick
Geralt of Rivia
S
You could also try using dynamite
AZAG08
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

You could also try using dynamite
The thought crossed my mind last night!
Bregxit
AG
I haven't had any issues fishing. I think my line has broken 2-3 times and I have caught half of the legendaries and hundreds of others.

Once the fish is on, I reel until the fish pulls. Then I just pull sideways to keep it in front of me. When it stops, I start reeling again. I pull straight down every 3-4 seconds which drags the fish in quite a bit, otherwise it takes forever to get them to shore.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I alternate pushing the stick up and down as I reel in to drag them in quicker. Also, I learned quickly never to push in the R3 button when they are fighting to lock the reel. They always snapped the line when I did that.

When they start thrashing, I pull the stick back and in the opposite direction. I haven't had a line snap in weeks now.

Last night I had a helluva time though with the Legendary Sockeye Salmon in that frozen lake in the north west part of the map. I can't find it. I keep getting muskies. Anyone else have this problem?
Not a Bot
AG
Solid conclusion to the game.

But oh snap! There's an epilogue!

And realized I haven't even seen half the map yet out West.

Let's go exploring!
AZAG08
AG
I've been playing a lot more lately, and still just 40% complete with the story!
I usually don't like games where there is "too much" to do, I never play enough to take advantage

But this has been really fun. Especially days like yesterday where I never actually accomplished anything in the game. I just rode around hunting, fishing, and looking for trouble

.....and I still suck at fishing!
Not a Bot
AG
It's funny, because I really never fished at all. I'm starting to go after the legendary animals, never did that during the main story.
thaed137
AG
I could never really get into the legendary animal thing too much as it just felt very linear.....go to this spot....now this one.....now this one.....and oh there it is....deadeye a bunch of headshots....done
TonsterPS
AG
Just started the epilogue, and I am REALLY liking it. Such an amazing game.
Humorous Username
AG
Humorous Username
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
He's tired of all the dissent!
Humorous Username
AG
Humorous Username
AG
Humorous Username
AG
jokershady
AG
Those are great!
The Milkman
AG
So I havent really ever played a real modern video game before. I had an N64, and the last system I had was the Wii when it came out in 06ish. Last weekend for my birthday I decided I wanted to buy a PS4 so I did along with MLB The Show, Battlefield, and Red Dead Redemption 2.

I've got to say this is incredible. Games have come a long way. I turn it on the play a quick mission and 2 hours pass in the blink of an eye. I'm sure I'm missing out on a ton of stuff and I have to google things frequently while I'm playing, but its so fun.

Just wanted to say that.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, experienced my first real glitch in this game:

I finished up The Veteran storyline and was walking to the giant boar to collect the pelt & trinket (and also could take ownership of Buell) when I fell through the ground and fell through space for about 10 seconds.

I respawned a couple hundred yards away and the boar carcass Hamish and Buell were no where to be found. Worse, the Autosave had saved my game right after the cut scene that ended the story.

Frustratingly, I had completed about four or five story missions over the weekend since my last manual save, so I had to choose between just going on or replaying a few hours of the game. I chose to replay because I didn't want to lose out on Buell.

I googled what happened and found this video that's pretty much exactly what I experienced:

LoudestWHOOP!
AG

One of my early studio photos from the game, before we found out we had a camera with us already.
My son & I fish and hunt a lot, then do stupid $#!+ you should only try virtually.
Like pictures jumping off tall buildings.
IJones23
I did all the legendary animals, but said screw the fish. I get one hooked and spend the better part of 5 minutes trying to reel it in only to have the line break right at the shore line.
AGinHI
AG
The Milkman said:

So I havent really ever played a real modern video game before. I had an N64, and the last system I had was the Wii when it came out in 06ish. Last weekend for my birthday I decided I wanted to buy a PS4 so I did along with MLB The Show, Battlefield, and Red Dead Redemption 2.

I've got to say this is incredible. Games have come a long way. I turn it on the play a quick mission and 2 hours pass in the blink of an eye. I'm sure I'm missing out on a ton of stuff and I have to google things frequently while I'm playing, but its so fun.

Just wanted to say that.
Careful bub.

You may end up spending the equivalent of your working life gaming.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
ac04
finally finished the epilogue. so, so good. ready to play the first one now.
TexagChris17
AG
ac04 said:

finally finished the epilogue. so, so good. ready to play the first one now.

I'm playing through the first one now after finishing the second, but I think RDR2 just has the better story out of the two.
AZAG08
AG
Just hit the 50% mark in the game. The game is definitely getting better as it goes
AZAG08
AG
Took advantage of the cold weather and stayed in and made it to the epilogue wow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.