***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,960 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The movement speed in this game be all like

AGinHI
AG
zip04 said:

After y'all get a bit to play the game, I'd like to see if your thoughts are similar to this review:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/red-dead-redemption-2-review-rockstar

Or if you think he is an idiot and the gameplay does in fact suck you in from the beginning.
I'm also curious about everyone's thoughts on the above.

I've watched some streams and while the aesthetics look amazing gameplay seems slow and tedious.

Hope to hear more once y'all get further along.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
saltydog13
AG
Like dead as in needing a new console?
TonsterPS
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Game froze. Now my one x is dead. E105 error.
Laser Wolf
AGinHI said:

zip04 said:

After y'all get a bit to play the game, I'd like to see if your thoughts are similar to this review:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/red-dead-redemption-2-review-rockstar

Or if you think he is an idiot and the gameplay does in fact suck you in from the beginning.
I'm also curious about everyone's thoughts on the above.

I've watched some streams and while the aesthetics look amazing gameplay seems slow and tedious.

Hope to hear more once y'all get further along.

Meh, what do the brits know about the wild west anyway?
TexAgBolter
AG
Yep. Been chatting with support since. Factory resets just result in startup E105 and E106 errors. My X is dead. 30 minutes into RDR2. Launch unit.
HossAg
AG
That's rough.
n_touch
Glad Im not the only one. Sound is really low for me as well. I am hoping I get used to the play. He walks sloth like slow.
jr15aggie
AG
n_touch said:

Glad Im not the only one. Sound is really low for me as well. I am hoping I get used to the play. He walks sloth like slow.

I'm playing with headphones and the sound is perfectly fine for me.
TexAgBolter
AG
Now I have to slum it on my "s" model until I get a replacement for my x.
Bregxit
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Yep. Been chatting with support since. Factory resets just result in startup E105 and E106 errors. My X is dead. 30 minutes into RDR2. Launch unit.

From what I can find it sounds like an internal hard drive failure.
InnerCityAg
Anyone know how to get the preorder and special order items? I'm into chapter 2 and don't have them.
Laser Wolf
n_touch said:

Have you tried adjusting the audio settings? There is an option for dialogue balance.
bbattbq01
AG
I just bought an xbox one x after watching the side by side youtubes with x and 4 pro. Have made it through the system update, now just have to wait through the painfully long game download
AliasMan02
AG
Played for an hour, just to see how it looks. XBox One X, on my 43" 1080 TV. Turned out all the lights. It's breathtaking. Character animating and skins are best for Arthur, good for the other key members of the gang, and drop off a bit for minor characters.

Love the load screen choices. The score so far is perfect. Voice acting top notch. Already making choices that feel meaningful.

Examining and taking items may end up being this game's version of skinning animation... taxing and a burden, but maybe not.

It's clear that Rockstar isn't pulling punches on the setting and its hard realities. Already some emotional gut punches, overt racism/sexism, and subtle politicking. Love that.

Agree movement is a little sluggish but that may well just be the conditions... snow, etc.

One thing that is clear is that the scale of this thing is going to be EPIC. Just the whole tone, the chapters, the music, and characters all feel HUGE. Can't wait to get in a couple of hours tomorrow.
Bregxit
AG
InnerCityAg said:

Anyone know how to get the preorder and special order items? I'm into chapter 2 and don't have them.

I've been trying to figure that out as well.
Laser Wolf
I'm at the start of chapter 2. The game is awesome. It has slow movement when needed and fast movement when appropriate.
BaytownAg13
AG
You have to do the first mission with Hosea, the one where you visit the stables for the first time in Valentine. That's where you'll find the war horse.
Bregxit
AG
ag82z said:

You have to do the first mission with Hosea, the one where you visit the stables for the first time in Valentine. That's where you'll find the war horse.
Gracias!

I also found out that the Ultimate Edition items are only good for RDR2 online play. So that kinda sucks for now.
Sentinel
AG
This is the kind of game I've been needing for a while. Great so far.
zip04
AG
Finished Chapter 1. I feel the same as everyone else who has posted. The game is very good so far. The first chapter has a tutorial feel to it, but is very well done. I may have to print a cheat sheet for the controls I don't use very often.

Lastly, I'm glad to be out of the snow.
KidDoc
AG
HossAg said:

Just switched to the 4k TV from my 1080P monitor. Holy crap.
I haven't played RDR2 but Tomb Raider and Horizon are both just stunningly beautiful on 60" LG OLED. Those games are what made me switch to PS4 from PC gaming. Monitor & mouse just cannot compete with the 4k 60" and couch.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
easttexasaggie04
AG
So far the snow area seems kinda boring
Thunder18
AG
Got past the bear fight last night and my game froze and wouldn't reload my save...uninstalled and now reinstalling the game. Sucks!
zip04
AG
Thunder18 said:

Got past the bear fight last night and my game froze and wouldn't reload my save...uninstalled and now reinstalling the game. Sucks!

What system? I'm interested to see if all of these issues are with the XBox (small sample size).
Laser Wolf
You don't have to fight the bear. I just rode past it.
FIDO95
AG
Laser Wolf said:

New Army.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
Found the illegitimate business in that first town. Forgot to put my mask on before robbing it. Had to kill the lawmen to escape and now I have an $85 bounty. Any way to get rid of that other than paying it off?

Pretty cool. Not sure if the bandana would have concealed my identity after the mess I made. Wish I could reload an older save and try again.
jokershady
AG
Having fun so far. I always like to jump to side missions when they pop up and already got involved in trying to take out 4 random hitmen.

Also got a quick $20 bounty on my head for stealing a horse cause I was impatient and forgot that I had horse already I had ridden in on. Oops.

The base camp thing is a little tough to navigate. I wish they didn't make the character speed slower in places like that.

Not sure what'll happen if I don't contribute to the camp....figured I'll hoard everything myself until some inevitable **** goes down cause I'm not contributing.
Laser Wolf
FIDO95 said:

Laser Wolf said:

New Army.

I'm just risk adverse.
HossAg
AG
KidDoc said:

HossAg said:

I haven't played RDR2 but Tomb Raider and Horizon are both just stunningly beautiful on 60" LG OLED. Those games are what made me switch to PS4 from PC gaming. Monitor & mouse just cannot compete with the 4k 60" and couch.

I'd play on a big TV all the time if the input lag wasn't so bad. Apparently 6 Ms response time TV's are coming when HDMI 2.0 is fully supported. Looking forward to that.
HossAg
AG
I had to pay off a $120 bounty because I kept getting murked by the sheriff.
jr15aggie
AG
HossAg said:

I had to pay off a $120 bounty because I kept getting murked by the sheriff.

A death mark's not an easy thing to live with. You're a good fighter, Solo. I hate to lose you.

Damnit, I got my nerdy stuff mixed up again!
Bregxit
AG
jokershady said:

Having fun so far. I always like to jump to side missions when they pop up and already got involved in trying to take out 4 random hitmen.

Also got a quick $20 bounty on my head for stealing a horse cause I was impatient and forgot that I had horse already I had ridden in on. Oops.

The base camp thing is a little tough to navigate. I wish they didn't make the character speed slower in places like that.

Not sure what'll happen if I don't contribute to the camp....figured I'll hoard everything myself until some inevitable **** goes down cause I'm not contributing.
I had an interesting bounty/death happen.

I was in the mission where the sniveling guy leads you to a cabin where the rival leader is supposed to be. Go through and win the fight then it says to loot the cabin. I clean it almost all out then take something from the very last cabinet and it pops up an investigation is taking place.

So I go outside and the law is riding up. I talk them down and they tell me to go ahead and leave. I get on my horse then suddenly it says I have a bounty, $15, $25...then the law starts yelling at me to stop. So I go to get back off my horse and as I am climbing down it says I am wanted for murder. Then they filled me full of lead.

That all happened in like 10 seconds.
KidDoc
AG
HossAg said:

KidDoc said:

HossAg said:

I'd play on a big TV all the time if the input lag wasn't so bad. Apparently 6 Ms response time TV's are coming when HDMI 2.0 is fully supported. Looking forward to that.
Yup good point. My setup is rated @ 21 msec which I cannot tell. But better gamers likely could!

https://displaylag.com/best-low-input-lag-tvs-gaming-by-gamers/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.