***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,986 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I laughed my balls off at the mission where Arthur and Lenny go for a drink.
phillyag92
AG
This game is ridiculous. So much detail. Oh, and my horse is named Lucy (race).
phillyag92
AG
I ran into the blind guy too. Just talked to him and he rattled off some advice and that was it. Also, rode by the guy with the woman on the back of his horse. Heard her cry for help so I shot the guy. Released the woman. Can't wait to see if she reappears later.
zip04
AG
In most open world games, I mostly stick to the story until I beat it, and then if I still enjoy the game I go back and do the side missions and stuff.

This game is different. I really enjoy stopping and seeing what the random encounters are rather than just riding by. Even if it is simply a strange old man yelling at the sky in the middle of a creak.

I also take a lot of pleasure anytime I get to fight the O'Driscolls.
zip04
AG
Also, I completed the bounty mission in Strawberry, left town, and saw some other bounty hunters carrying a guy towards the town. I killed them and took him in for the bounty myself. His bounty was only $6 and some change. Hardly worth the effort, but cool that you can do that.
MW03
AG
Y'all may already know this, but make sure you monkey with the tack for your horse. I had been using my pre-order saddle, but buying an improved one with new stirrups helped my horse's stats like crazy.
Cromagnum
AG
Love my white Arabian from up near the frozen lake. Named it ghost.
Prime0882
AG
Cromagnum said:

Got mine the night before last. Can't wait to see how fast it'll go once I get the bonding maxed.
MW03
AG
jr15aggie said:

I had 30 bars... Didn't feel right about it so I reloaded my save to do it the legit way and just got one.

Rode into Valentine. Immediately I accidentally pissed off some dude. Another went to tell the sheriff. I tried to hit LT to prompt the runner to stop. Turns out I drew my gun instead. The sheriff happened to be right there and opened fire.

Friggin A!!! Reloaded and went back, got 5 bars. 5 glitch bars to help me with the BS that will screw me down the road. Checked it after and the glitched chest is now empty. Got 5 bars and that's all.

Same here. I ended up getting just enough to get the camp going a little bit, and to outfit my entry level guns. Blew a little on clothes since I know otherwise I would spend the whole game in the regular gear and miss that part of the game entirely. Mostly it's just a kitty now to pay off the bounties when they get too high.
Robk
I took two bars and stopped.
Bmac04
AG
Cromagnum said:

Same. Got BoJack yesterday
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Does the gold glitch still work if you've already gone by and grabbed that gold bar?
Orko
AG
Yes, it should work at any location where you can find a gold bar from what I've read. So, assuming you haven't looted all the gold from the game, you should be able to find a spot to do it.
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
Humorous Username
AG
Cromagnum said:

I laughed my balls off at the mission where Arthur and Lenny go for a drink.

Finally got around to playing that one.

It's going to be on a lot of lists of "most memorable/off-the-wall" game levels for years to come.
AgsWin2011
AG
Haven't got the game yet but my horse will be named Beto (horses ass)
Humorous Username
AG
Haven't really ridden my "fast" horse.

My war horse/Ardennes is named Falhofnir.
zip04
AG
The prospector was a jerk to me after I walked up and spoke to him, so I evaporated his head with my shotgun. I hope he isn't one of the random encounters that pays you back later if you are nice.
BenFiasco14
AG
Heismenberg said:

Haven't got the game yet but my horse will be named Beto (horses ass)

Outstanding!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Robk
zip04 said:

The prospector was a jerk to me after I walked up and spoke to him, so I evaporated his head with my shotgun. I hope he isn't one of the random encounters that pays you back later if you are nice.
Yeah I killed the guy that asked me if I wanted to race our horses. He was a jerk when I declined, so I taught him some manors. I hate racing activities anyway, but now with the Arabian at level 4 I would smoke him. Although there is some light. I killed a guy looking for his friend, at least thought I did, but he showed back up.
Humorous Username
AG
Finally made my way into Saint Denis last night. Riding through town in the middle of the night, a couple was being mugged, and I shot the mugger in the head. No one around batted an eye.

Guess that's what life is like in civilization.
jokershady
AG
Try to do every random encounter I can. I did my first robbery from a tip from one at the Annaberry Pig Farm (or something similar sounding...can't remember name) and let's say it was one of the more memorable experiences I've had in the game thus far.
IJones23
Is that the pig farm north of Rhone?
Average Joe
AG
I can't get my war horse for free. It cost $140. I've redeemed the code and got the other bonuses, but the horse costs money. Weird.
jokershady
AG
Yup! I've done 4 of the mini-quest robberies....I think....trying to remember off the top of my head....

The pig farm
Valentine doctor
Old woman
Big mean family

Enjoyed all of them! Hoping they're a lot more to do....purposely don't fast travel anywhere to get random encounters to try and find more.

If can't get anymore new ones soon I'll start looking up info on the different treasure maps I've acquired!

I've easily spent more time on side stuff like this than the main missions.

2 questions though....

1. I've completed the stranger side quest where you have to find and talk to & take pictures of 4 famous gun slingers. Once I finished, the man who gave me the mission doesn't show up on my map to finish. Instead it does show on my mission tab as "will be available to complete later." Anyone else finished this one with the same result and get far enough to complete?

2. If (god forbid) your horse dies permanently and it just so happened to be one of the horses you got when you paid the premium price....do you lose that horse forever and never get a replacement???? Or do you get a free replacement?

Hasn't happened...but extra paranoid whenever I'm walking on a narrow path near the edge of a cliff
IJones23
I couldn't tell you about the horse. I went up north and got the Arabian as soon as I saw it on here. I've had her practically the whole game and she hasn't died.
Cromagnum
AG
Was playing hold em in Saint Denis and cleaned out two fools, but the last guy runner-runnered me twice for two full houses in a row on bull**** hold cards. After he gleefully took my money, I shot his ass and took it back. Nearly made a getaway in the swamps until an alligator got my ass.
PooDoo
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Does the gold glitch still work if you've already gone by and grabbed that gold bar?

Don't think so.
Aggietaco
AG
Still no time to play, but you can pick up a copy for $48 for the next few days.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/sngtrading/search/RedDead2/?scid=af_linkshare&PublisherName=Slickdeals+LLC&ranMID=36342&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-Xg_6pdnKbpAGtY0YqUUp2A&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-Xg_6pdnKbpAGtY0YqUUp2A
zip04
AG
How do you access the treasure maps you find? I have one, but can't figure out how to access it so that I can try and locate the treasure.
Average Joe
AG
zip04 said:

How do you access the treasure maps you find? I have one, but can't figure out how to access it so that I can try and locate the treasure.
Press Right on the directional pad to open your satchel. Then RB (I believe) until you get over to the documents. There should be a place for all treasure maps.

Edit: There will be a generic placeholder for "Treasure Maps." Select it and it will give you a list of all of the treasure maps you have. That applies to two or three other categories of documents, as well.
ironmanag
AG
This game is insane. I starting fishing and before I knew it an hour had gone by.

So freaking fun.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
PooDoo
AG
If anyone is having trouble getting multiple perfect pelts for crafting.... there's a glitch for that.

MW03
AG
ironmanag said:

This game is insane. I starting fishing and before I knew it an hour had gone by.

So freaking fun.
Same thing with me and poker.
tk for tu juan
I caught an 18 lbs catfish in the swamp right after buying the swamp lure; money well spent. I pretty much fish at the closest body of water after every mission. Caught a 14 lbs sturgeon on a river lure right after delivering letters between the "Romeo/Juliet" of Chap 3
cmk10
AG
do you have to craft for different lures, or where do you buy them?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.