***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,946 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
AirplaneAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Can anyone share hunting tips? Besides chasing game down on horseback and using dead eye to shoot them with my bow and arrow, I cannot find any success with "tracking" any animals. I just end up running around crouched like an idiot.
Make sure you're using whatever the hunting version of dead-eye is(click both the R+L stick at once) and it prompts you to track an animals trail with R1. It lights up a gold scent trail that you can follow.

ETA: Has anyone else found the comic book or whatever it is for the little boy, Jack? I randomly stumbled across it but now I can't find the kid anywhere in camp to give it back and collect whatever cool prize he's gonna give me.
Prime0882
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

ETA: Has anyone else found the comic book or whatever it is for the little boy, Jack? I randomly stumbled across it but now I can't find the kid anywhere in camp to give it back and collect whatever cool prize he's gonna give me.
I just got to the point where camp members may ask me to track down items. I completely forgot Jack was in the camp until that point... that's one well behaved, quiet kid. Also, where did the woman go that was saved at the beginning of the game?
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Also, where did the woman go that was saved at the beginning of the game?

She's there with the group. I'm still in Chapter 2... heard her and another chick talking by a fire in the middle of the night. It was like she was just coming to terms with what had happened, that her husband was murdered, etc. Was something you could easily miss, but I just happened to sorta listen into the conversation before moving on to my task at hand. Just another amazing detail!
zip04
AG
I don't remember RDR1 being this good of a game. I enjoyed it, but got tired of it pretty quickly and never finished the story. This one keeps me engaged and I can't wait to play it. I really hope the multiplayer aspect of it is just as amazing. I played Red Dead Revolver multiplayer, but don't remember RDR1 having multiplayer. If it did, I didn't play it.
bankshot11
AG
Dunno if this was mentioned yet but I found a guy near Horseshoe Outlook who was bitten by a snake, and asks you to suck the venom out of his leg. Next time I was in Valentine, he was on a porch by the gunsmith, and told me to buy a gun and charge it to his tab.

Also saw on Reddit a guy killed a rancher who attacked him and threw his body into a pig pen... where the pigs ate the body.
jokershady
AG
bankshot11 said:

Dunno if this was mentioned yet but I found a guy near Horseshoe Outlook who was bitten by a snake, and asks you to suck the venom out of his leg. Next time I was in Valentine, he was on a porch by the gunsmith, and told me to buy a gun and charge it to his tab.

Happened to me too. Thought that was so cool. Ended up picking the Springfield as my free weapon.

Course that stop ended up costing me several hundred bucks as soon as I figured out how much you can trick out your weapons.

My revolver is now almost all gold with a pearl handle with engraving all over it.
Orko
AG
jokershady said:

bankshot11 said:

Happened to me too. Thought that was so cool. Ended up picking the Springfield as my free weapon.

Course that stop ended up costing me several hundred bucks as soon as I figured out how much you can trick out your weapons.

My revolver is now almost all gold with a pearl handle with engraving all over it.
Got dang pimps and their pimp guns.
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
option short side
AG
Might be a dumb question but how do you give your horse medicine tonics? When I'm facing my horse and look in my satchel and go over the medicine, it just gives me the option to discard and not actually use it on my horse.
jr15aggie
AG
option short side said:

Might be a dumb question but how do you give your horse medicine tonics? When I'm facing my horse and look in my satchel and go over the medicine, it just gives me the option to discard and not actually use it on my horse.

Use the item wheel by holding LB... Scroll to the far right for horse items. Then use it like you would anything else while standing next to horse
Sq1dvm
AG
I bought a second holster from the trapper that makes stuff out of legendary pelts, but it didn't unlock dual wielding pistols for me.
Sq1dvm
AG
bankshot11 said:

LOL I probably won't make it to the end of the story for years. I just keep riding around doing stuff.

That said, the game can be infuriating at times. Like, I just got the Legendary Bear, but while riding to store the hide I was ambushed by O'Driscolls and killed, losing the pelt. Restarted, and got the hide again, but some woman's horse died and I had to take her back home halfway across the map, and it wouldn't let me put both her and the hide on the horse.

Yep, had the same thing happen to me. I made her walk home. Sheesh, I already lifted the horse off her and I had a bear pelt to deal with.
Bregxit
AG
Sq1dvm said:

I bought a second holster from the trapper that makes stuff out of legendary pelts, but it didn't unlock dual wielding pistols for me.

I bet that was it. I forgot I visited him. Thanks! I thought I was just making stuff up in my head.
phillyag92
AG
Is there any place to buy a horse brush? I have to wash my horse in the river and he almost drowned the last time we went in.
Bregxit
AG
phillyag92 said:

Is there any place to buy a horse brush? I have to wash my horse in the river and he almost drowned the last time we went in.

Stables? General store? I didn't know it was a separate item.
Sq1dvm
AG
Did the same thing, checked all the stores, it ain't there. Do the 1st mission Hosea offers you, hunting the bear, on the way you stop at the stables and can get a brush.
BenFiasco14
AG
I just saw a ufo in the sky
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Bregxit
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I have heard of such things.
jr15aggie
AG
dlance said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Was it a random sighting or did you wander into the same house I did at a very specific time?
Humorous Username
AG
jr15aggie said:

dlance said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Was it a random sighting or did you wander into the same house I did at a very specific time?

From the videos I've seen on YouTube, it is a specific time thing.
TexAgBolter
AG
So if you see a body hanging from a tree in a swamp, be careful if you shoot it down....
jokershady
AG
Where the hell do you go to shower?? Haven't seen a prompt for that yet and I'm sure Author needs one at this point
n_touch
Figured it was just like the horse and run into a creek every now and then.
zip04
AG
Go to the hotel in Valentine. You can pay for a bath (and have a lady assist) and/or you can rent a room to sleep. After you pay, just head up stairs.
jr15aggie
AG
Humorous Username said:

jr15aggie said:

dlance said:

BenFiasco14 said:

From the videos I've seen on YouTube, it is a specific time thing.

Oh I've seen it, stumbled on it after collection a debt near that house. I was just curious if there were random sightings also.
Bregxit
AG
zip04 said:

Go to the hotel in Valentine. You can pay for a bath (and have a lady assist) and/or you can rent a room to sleep. After you pay, just head up stairs.

You can also just put the same outfit on again at camp or from your horse and you are clean again.
AirplaneAg09
AG
bankshot11 said:

Have been seeing a bunch of people post this and I'd run across the same guy but didn't wander into Valentine again before we moved camp all the way across the map. Was kinda pissed that I had missed out on a free weapon but I ended up running into the guy in front of the general store in Rhodes and got a sweet pair of boots for free instead.

All kinds of awesome little details like that throughout this game!

ETA: Turns out this was a different guy who I'd saved from the snake bite. When I went back to Valentine much later, there he was sitting outside the gunsmith offering me a free weapon!
AZAG08
AG
Did the download last night-- finally get to start after work today
nickstro66
AG
Downloaded it last night. Really excited to play it tonight after work!
Allen Gamble
Has anyone done any of the side tasks that involve home robberies?

I freed a person from a sheriff's carriage and she said there was this shack north of Rhodes with a family that sitting on a lot of money....I tried finding it last night but couldn't.

Anyone know where it is?
jr15aggie
AG
Allen Gamble said:

Has anyone done any of the side tasks that involve home robberies?

I freed a person from a sheriff's carriage and she said there was this shack north of Rhodes with a family that sitting on a lot of money....I tried finding it last night but couldn't.

Anyone know where it is?

I freed a lady talking about a place North of strawberry... It was way North.

If you can't find anything look it up online... There are definitely already YouTube videos showing you where it is. Better to find for yourself, but if not...
PooDoo
AG
Scotty Flamingo
There is a homestead robbery mission that you get from Javier at camp during chapter 2, but I cannot trigger it for the life of me. Anyone know about this one?
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

That's the crap I need right there!
Humorous Username
AG
Just in time for Halloween.

AliasMan02
AG
Couldn't play last night.

Made time to play tonight after a long ass day. Just gonna cruise around and not take any missions. Walked by the domino table and sat down to play because I hadn't done that. Immediately started in some very good conversation and learned more about Arthur...

BAM. Power out. Son of a *****.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.