***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,979 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is a bait shop in Lagras (swamp area NW of Saint Denis) that has the different lures
PooDoo
AG
I've got to get that Viking helmet
TresPuertas
AG
So, I'm a complete sped at this game and I need some basic help.

I'm not that far into it but I can't figure out where to store things. I did the legendary bear mission and killed him and took the skin and took it off my horse and dropped it by my camp, and it's gone forever.

I have a bunch of stuff in my satchel and horsebag and it's telling me I don't have anymore room.

Is there a place you can take this stuff out and store it? It says I don't have any more room to pick up certain items so I need to make room
zip04
AG
Some items are only good to sale, some are good for crafting or to sale, and others are consumable. I use the consumable items (brandy, chocolate, etc.) pretty frequently. I haven't really crafted much, but I keep my sale only items to a minimum. Once they start stacking up I head to a location to get some money for them (or I donate them to our camp).
Gomer95
AG
Where is the best place to sell general stuff? Is there a better place than the others (General store, butcher, trapper, etc.) or do you get the same prices everywhere?
AZAG08
AG
saw this on twitter
zip04
AG
Gomer95 said:

Where is the best place to sell general stuff? Is there a better place than the others (General store, butcher, trapper, etc.) or do you get the same prices everywhere?
I'm not sure. I donate stuff that is less than $5 to the camp and sale items $5 or more, but I haven't shopped around to see if the prices vary. I doubt they do.
PooDoo
AG
TresPuertas said:

So, I'm a complete sped at this game and I need some basic help.

I'm not that far into it but I can't figure out where to store things. I did the legendary bear mission and killed him and took the skin and took it off my horse and dropped it by my camp, and it's gone forever.

I have a bunch of stuff in my satchel and horsebag and it's telling me I don't have anymore room.

Is there a place you can take this stuff out and store it? It says I don't have any more room to pick up certain items so I need to make room

Same thing happened to me. I've heard the skin will be available for you at the trapper but I haven't opened the trapper yet.
Sq1dvm
AG
For me the trapper showed up after the bear mission, slightly east and a lot south of the spot where the bear was, check your map, it may be there.
Cromagnum
AG
Where / when do you get a fishing pole?
zip04
AG
Cromagnum said:

When you get to a certain quest from your camp.
PooDoo
AG
Cromagnum said:

i tried to steal one but the pole disappears when you hit the fisherman.

Ended up getting a RonCo pocket fishing rod when you take the kid from camp fishing.
Laser Wolf
Has anyone else found that treasure map that takes you near Elysian Pool?

I followed the map and never found the treasure, so I looked up a video on how to find it, and it turns out that the treasure is missing from my game. WTF?
Cromagnum
AG
Valentine looked like World War Z by the time I got though with it. That's what happens when a hooker sasses me.

n_touch
How long did it take you to drag and drop all of those?
Cromagnum
AG
n_touch said:

How long did it take you to drag and drop all of those?

I climbed a ladder in a barn and shot every deputy that came up. They had no other way to get to me. Dynamite was mighty effective to for crowd control. I think I did that for 10-15 minutes.
Cromagnum
AG
One of the funnier random encounters I had was in the big saloon in Valentine. Someone was in the way of the swinging doors so I shoved on through. He got mouthy and challenged me to a duel outside while talking a bunch of bull***** By the time I was ready to draw down on him, he passed out drunk in the street.
cr0wbar
AG
Spent probably ~1.5 hours getting the white Arabian horse near Isabella Lake
Gramercy Riffs
AG
TresPuertas said:

I did the legendary bear mission and killed him and took the skin and took it off my horse and dropped it by my camp, and it's gone forever.
The other posts are correct - the skin will be at the trapper. The only thing you'll miss out on is the money you would have earned by selling it to him.
jr15aggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

Valentine looked like World War Z by the time I got though with it. That's what happens when a hooker sasses me.

You *******!!! Me and Lenny had a great time drinking and dancing with some of them!!! Why! WHHYYY!!!! LENNNYY!!!!!!!!
jtstanley4621
AG
I don't think this is a spoiler, but has anyone been near Fort Marshall on the map? I killed SO many soldiers there and I couldn't get in. Does it come into play for a later mission or something? If nothing more I would have gotten a decent amount of cash for looting their bodies.
V8Aggie
AG
Just want you jerks to know you all suck.

Just got back from my lunch break and now have a PS4 Pro in the trunk... Fack!
Socially liberal NPC 888
Cromagnum said:

One of the funnier random encounters I had was in the big saloon in Valentine. Someone was in the way of the swinging doors so I shoved on through. He got mouthy and challenged me to a duel outside while talking a bunch of bull***** By the time I was ready to draw down on him, he passed out drunk in the street.
I've gotten into a fight in that saloon almost every time I've walked into that place through no fault of my own. One time I even accidentally started a massive bar fight because one guy decided he didn't like me and threw a punch which caused more people to start fighting as we bumped into them that ultimately resulted in a bunch of people shooting each other outside while I watched. I was crying from laughter at that one.

That drunken Frontiersman always would just randomly start punching me too. I eventually beat him to death in the bar and then got arrested.

I love the saloons in the game, that they are full of rowdy outlaws and such is hilarious.
https://i.imgur.com/gys0RBa.png
Robk
Anybody else go on an all out hunt to upgrade the satchels with Pearson? I just started chapter three, but am not moving forward until I have the satchel!!!

Also , anybody else stumble across the cool miner's hat?
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
PooDoo said:

Cromagnum said:

i tried to steal one but the pole disappears when you hit the fisherman.

Ended up getting a RonCo pocket fishing rod when you take the kid from camp fishing.
I'm have that quest but haven't done it yet
ironmanag
AG
Cromagnum said:

I hated this because I looted him and became wanted.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Bregxit
AG
I was walking into the gun shop in St. Denis when a young man coming out bumped into me. He excused himself and then I heard cha-ching and a red -$655 flashed on the right. He took off running and I chased him through town. Eventually I lassoed and hogtied him. He was begging me to let him go, so I took $1400 off him, tossed him in the mud still hogtied and headed back to complete my shopping trip.
jtstanley4621
AG
Has anyone hogtied someone and left them on train tracks? It's morbid but I kinda want to do it. Maybe to someone really annoying.
Bregxit
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Has anyone hogtied someone and left them on train tracks? It's morbid but I kinda want to do it. Maybe to someone really annoying.
I haven't in RDR2 yet. Did it many times in the original if someone annoyed me.
hph6203
AG
I'll never understand people that play games with a sense of guilt or morality. It's a game. You wanna hogtie someone and let a train make them look like a souvenir penny? Go for it.
n_touch
Thank you. My wife sometimes gives me funny looks for things I do in this game or GTA.

Edit: I can pick up a lady of the night in GTA. Love on her, rob her and kill her and thats its. Kick or punch an animal in RD2 and I am showing questionable behavior.
jtstanley4621
AG
hph6203 said:

I'll never understand people that play games with a sense of guilt or morality. It's a game. You wanna hogtie someone and let a train make them look like a souvenir penny? Go for it.
To me it's about immersion in a game like this. If I feel like they're real people then therein lies the issue. Not that it would ACTUALLY bother me but yeah.
V8Aggie
AG
Ever seen Westworld?
Scotty Flamingo
I really want to do this damn homestead robbery mission with Javier but it's not freaking showing up!!! I wish I wasn't such a completionist when I play games
nomad2007
AG
Nm

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.