***** Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread*****

95,965 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasTeleAg
IJones23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggierific said:

I'm having a hard time holding back from upgrading to Xbox one x for this game...

I've been holding back too. I've been playing ACdessy and it freezes up and glitches quite a bit.
jokershady
AG
So I'm at the point of buying (for free) the war horse....and there's a thoroughbred in the stables that's way better. His breed is "Race." Seems way faster and better acceleration and is also free.

So why would I pick the "War" horse who's stats aren't as good??
jr15aggie
AG
I believe the War Horses are good during fire fights. They can take more damage and won't throw you off when the stuff hits the fan.

The speed horses are obviously great for distance
wangus12
AG
IJones23 said:

Aggierific said:

I'm having a hard time holding back from upgrading to Xbox one x for this game...

I've been holding back too. I've been playing ACdessy and it freezes up and glitches quite a bit.

Our apartment got burglarized today so hopefully the renter's insurance means I get a new Xbox One X. Small silver linings
AliasMan02
AG
I have to say, in RDR I don't think I ever stole a horse or robbed anyone. However, I was just done with a mission in Valentine and without my horse... out of whistle range. So, I went about looking to bushwhack someone to take his horse. Got found out and had to run in the process.

And then, because I didn't have MY horse, my guns were really limited. I took whistling for my horse and having all my weapons for granted. Definitely adds an element.

Also just realized I could have put my mask on during the robbery. Oops.

Also, murdering Klansmen who are also the butt of a bunch of jokes us awesome
Aggietaco
AG
Sorry to hear that. Thief's are scum. Need to go back to removing fingers and hands for convicted garbage.
Bregxit
AG
AirplaneAg09 said:

Haven't bought any weapons but have been wasting money customizing pretty much all of mine. Once you get the second holster, the pistols look pretty sweet with pearl grips, gold inlays, etc.
Help me out here because I am almost positive I saw a second holster for sale but for the life of me cannot remember where it was.
Bregxit
AG
Bones08 said:

This may or may not help regarding the bounty system (from the official guide):

I came across what I have to assume is a bug tonight based on those docs.

I committed a robbery against three bandits in Valentine tonight. I had a $1 bounty and the law showed up. I surrendered and went to jail. Upon my release, I still had a $1 bounty and there were lawmen in the streets who immediately opened fire on me. I died. I respawned, rinse repeat. On the next respawn I said F it and beat the **** out of the lawmen and got out of town but now I had a $25 bounty that I had to go pay off.

According to the pics, the jail time should have cleared the bounty.
BenFiasco14
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I have to say, in RDR I don't think I ever stole a horse or robbed anyone. However, I was just done with a mission in Valentine and without my horse... out of whistle range. So, I went about looking to bushwhack someone to take his horse. Got found out and had to run in the process.

And then, because I didn't have MY horse, my guns were really limited. I took whistling for my horse and having all my weapons for granted. Definitely adds an element.

Also just realized I could have put my mask on during the robbery. Oops.

Also, murdering Klansmen who are also the butt of a bunch of jokes us awesome
I found out today that if you go into a Gunsmith you can equip weapons that would otherwise be in your horses bag from the customization catalogue
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Laser Wolf
dlance said:

AirplaneAg09 said:

Haven't bought any weapons but have been wasting money customizing pretty much all of mine. Once you get the second holster, the pistols look pretty sweet with pearl grips, gold inlays, etc.
Help me out here because I am almost positive I saw a second holster for sale but for the life of me cannot remember where it was.

I got the second holster from a Micah Bell mission.
Prime0882
AG
I'm salty my customized Schofield revolver vanished in a puff of smoke that I had found. 100+ dollars to replace, so I went with two Volcanic pistols that pack more of a punch, anyways.

This is the first game where I've been fine doing chores (so far). Adds to the experience thinking I need to go hunting before/after most missions to keep my camp fed. I do hope the rest of the gang becomes a bit more productive as time goes on.
jr15aggie
AG
JRC0811 said:

I'm salty my customized Schofield revolver vanished in a puff of smoke that I had found. 100+ dollars to replace, so I went with two Volcanic pistols that pack more of a punch, anyways.
Same thing happened to me! Died in the middle of a mission and when it reloaded my pistol slot was completely empty (I didn't have the second holster at the time). When I got to my horse my other pistols were there but my Schofield was gone for good.
Laser Wolf
JRC0811 said:

This is the first game where I've been fine doing chores (so far). Adds to the experience thinking I need to go hunting before/after most missions to keep my camp fed. I do hope the rest of the gang becomes a bit more productive as time goes on.

What happens if you don't feed them? I delivered a deer to the camp maybe once in 20 hours of play.
Prime0882
AG
Honestly, I have no clue. I may be just wasting my time. I know that morale plays a part in happenings in the camp, but even then I've no clue what happens if the camp is happy or not. I've had to learn what little I do know through the RDR2 subreddit. I just try to keep the colors at the top of the camp for ammo, medical, and food in the green because of OCD.
n_touch
Dutch did say something to me about contributing. I gave .10 and walked off.
Prime0882
AG
I've already given 100's of dollars to the camp by the means of upgrades and contributions. I've donated in the 100's mostly through upgrading Dutch's and my personal tent to unlock fast travel from the camp to known towns. I also bought the leather-working tools, but found out that then I have to go track down a good chunk of perfect pelts, which I have not taken the time to do.
bbattbq01
AG
The random stuff in this game...

Last night I was riding my horse through a field, saw an animal moving and shot it. Took a nagative karma hit. Got off my horse went over to the animal to find it was a sheep with a bow around its neck and a wedding ring.
BenFiasco14
AG
JRC0811 said:

I've already given 100's of dollars to the camp by the means of upgrades and contributions. I've donated in the 100's mostly through upgrading Dutch's and my personal tent to unlock fast travel from the camp to known towns. I also bought the leather-working tools, but found out that then I have to go track down a good chunk of perfect pelts, which I have not taken the time to do.
So what's the in-game benefit for doing all of this? Contributing I mean, upgrades are self explanatory.
Laser Wolf
Good to know about the fast travel.

Lol, I've only ever gotten my camp levels up to white.
AggieKO
AG
Just finished the main story. Phew, what a game. Can't wait for multiplayer!

Edit: don't want to give out any info that will spoil the game, but there is an epilogue after the main story and, judging by percentage completed, it's also pretty long.
n_touch
AggieKO said:

BenFiasco14
AG
AggieKO said:

bankshot11
AG
LOL I probably won't make it to the end of the story for years. I just keep riding around doing stuff.

That said, the game can be infuriating at times. Like, I just got the Legendary Bear, but while riding to store the hide I was ambushed by O'Driscolls and killed, losing the pelt. Restarted, and got the hide again, but some woman's horse died and I had to take her back home halfway across the map, and it wouldn't let me put both her and the hide on the horse.
MW03
AG
I wish there was a way to knock people out without killing them. I had collected a debt, guy saw me and said it was a robbery, so I chase him down and tackle him. I click "beat" thinking I'm going to hit him once, then intimidate him, then let him bolt. Killed the poor ******* with one punch. Negative karma.
Laser Wolf
AggieKO said:

Edit: don't want to give out any info that will spoil the game, but there is an epilogue after the main story and, judging by percentage completed, it's also pretty long.

I'm hoping the epilogue is as badass as the one from RDR1.

How many hours did the main story take?
jtstanley4621
AG
Laser Wolf said:

AggieKO said:

Haven't finished it myself, but from what I've read they've said about 60 hours of just pure main story.
OldArmy07
AG
MW03 said:

I wish there was a way to knock people out without killing them. I had collected a debt, guy saw me and said it was a robbery, so I chase him down and tackle him. I click "beat" thinking I'm going to hit him once, then intimidate him, then let him bolt. Killed the poor ******* with one punch. Negative karma.
Use your lasso and hogtie them?

You could always leave them on the tracks and let fate take care of them if you don't want to do it yourself.
AggieKO
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Laser Wolf said:

AggieKO said:

Haven't finished it myself, but from what I've read they've said about 60 hours of just pure main story.

I'm not at home right now and couldn't find it on the companion app anywhere, but can pretty confidently say I didn't hit the 60 hour mark.
jokershady
AG
Came across another cool random encounter. There was a guy with a severely damaged arm on his horse (I think...could have been him walking).

He was close to dying and asked me to take him to the doctor. There was a yellow path marked on the map that took me to a doctor in a huge city to the far east.

Once I took him there a cut scene that involved the doctor cutting the guy's arm off right there.

What really sucks is I had both my sons up and had to look away while he was cutting off the arm.
tlepoC
AG
The amputation was awesome. Threw it right in a bucket. Unfortunately you can't pick it up. Was hoping to sell it to butcher.
degreedy
AG
Laser Wolf said:

I was doing the initial brightness calibration for this game, and it says the Rockstar logo should be visible, but even at the max setting, the logo didn't show up. Should this be a problem?

I also had this problem. I ended up setting it to the brightest setting on going on. After additional frustrations with how the brightness was, I paused the game, went back into settings, and surprisingly the Rockstar logo was visible for the first time.

Brightened up my game tremendously after that.
BenFiasco14
AG
Can anyone share hunting tips? Besides chasing game down on horseback and using dead eye to shoot them with my bow and arrow, I cannot find any success with "tracking" any animals. I just end up running around crouched like an idiot.
BaytownAg13
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Can anyone share hunting tips? Besides chasing game down on horseback and using dead eye to shoot them with my bow and arrow, I cannot find any success with "tracking" any animals. I just end up running around crouched like an idiot.
If I'm riding around and see an animal near the road that I want to hunt, I'll typically dismount my horse and activate Eagle Eye to track the animal. If you've studied the animal already, the trail will tell you the species as well the quality of the pelt. This technique was especially helpful when trying to collect rabbit pelts for the challenge.

I also had a lot of success hunting in the Grizzlies since it is easier to spot and track animals in the snow. It is also relatively deserted, so you won't have a lot of interference by NPCs.
Orko
AG
Coolest thing that happened to me so far was when I was riding around on a frozen lake. I was just screwing around with my kids and trying to see if the warhorse would break through the ice. All of a sudden a fog blows up and completely knocks out visibility. The kids and I are like, "this is so cool, you can't see a thing." All of a sudden, the horse bucks me off and I'm thinking, "WTH?" Out of nowhere a bear bursts through the fog and I battle it out with a huge bear using just a knife on a frozen lake in the fog. Truly awesome random encounter, which I survived. Kids were rooting for the bear. Traitors, the lot of them.

Quote:

What really sucks is I had both my sons up and had to look away while he was cutting off the arm.

Speaking of this and along the same lines as the lamb with the wedding ring and your kids watching when something inappropriate happens. I was riding through the farm with the corn growing on it, near Emerald Ranch. The owners get all uppity and start shooting me, so I kill them. One dies near an outbuilding so I loot him and walk inside the outbuilding only to find a dead pig with a bow on it and a dead guy with his pants down and his crotch covered in a massive amount of blood laying next to the pig.

"Daddy, how did that guy die?"

"Pretty sure the pig bit his ---- off. Life comes at you hard, kids, I'm not going to sugarcoat it."
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
MW03
AG
Not far into a game, but stumbled on something I was going to ask about. Not sure if it's spoilery or not, so I'm not taking any chances.

First comment will be about where I encountered the situation to orient you as to the location and see if you've found it:

I was wandering around, having recovered a debt for a camp, and I came across a burned out building in a forest valley near a lake (swamp?) that appeared to be an old church of some kind.

Next comment will be specific about what happened:

It was at night, kind of spooky. Anyway, walked through the door and all of the sudden there was this green light and ominous music shining through the burned out roof. It did not go to a cut scene. Being the cautious player I am, I jumped out of the doorway and it stopped. Walked back in, and nothing. Walking through, it appeared to be some kind of voodoo church with skeletons and crap everywhere. Found an old letter that seemed important, looted some "pirate rum" that gave me a permanent stamina boost from the chimney, but that was it. Couldn't get the green light back. Very weird. Anyone else come across this? I don't want to know what the outcome was, but just wondering if anyone else had found it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.