*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

202,443 Views | 1987 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABATTBQ11
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, you need to be banished
jeffk
AG
PatAg said:

To a secure work camp facility with electrified floors?
The Collective
AG
I don't care what is going on here, but I do want to direct this gif at AJ for the hell of it.
Malachi Constant
AG
powerbelly said:

TCTTS said:

I just can't f/cking believe someone would do this, in this day age. The spoiler-as-prediction thing is so hacky and lame, and so 2010. I mean, how big of a piece of sh*t do you have to be to intentionally ruin a show that's *this* loved by fans???
This constantly happened in the game of thrones thread. I am surprised we made it this long tbh.

Ah yes, especially in the first 6 seasons. There were a lot of people who "didn't read the books" making "predictions" about what would happen.

I read the books so I saw all that stuff but didn't want to call posters out because that would have been confirming it.
concac
AG
I've seen a few predictions made throughout this thread already.

Not sure why people are getting so pissy about it now.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG

This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
TCTTS
AG
Because this one just so happened to be spot on with a legit leak posted only yesterday on reddit in conjunction with photographic proof from the finale.

Combined with a history of the aforementioned Game of Thrones spoilers being passed off as "speculation" in those threads, it's pretty obvious why this particular post got the reaction it did.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
PatAg said:

Thanks and gig'em
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Thanks and gig'em
schmidthead
More and more I'm convinced BES and TCTTS are the same person with Dissociative Identity Disorder (I kid, I kid). Should we consider having a separate spoiler/prediction thread? In theory this would preclude book readers (HOTD for instance) from spoiling or predicting things that 'may happen' in the main thread. Granted, that's a lot of moderation and maintenance and some people are just going to be *******s, which can't be helped. For Andor, as a wholly original story, there is no book to spoil but there are always leaks in this day and age so I pretty much consider them the same. We have Spoiler threads for many other things, maybe we should have 2 threads for "large" shows like HOTD, Star Wars, etc?

It's obviously not foolproof because ******* gonna ******* but other than elevating it too the moderators I'm not sure what to do (also I'm interested in feedback because my company is considering setting up a community board but we don't want it to devolve to a ****show like some of our competitors).
jokershady
AG
So…..uh…….

Haven't seen this weeks episode yet and decided to venture over…..um…..think I'll go work on my Moonknight reaction post…..

TCTTS
AG
It honestly hasn't been a problem, save for today's freak occurrence. For the most part, it feels like we've figured out how to handle spoilers in threads like this, and it's been working well for a while now. Basically, we collectively agreed that if it's official info - meaning anything from trailers/commercials, director interviews, etc - it's fair game to post/discuss here. While stuff like set pics and slightly leaky info goes behind spoiler tags. Otherwise, until a movie comes out and a spoiler thread for that specific movie is created, we really don't talk spoilers here, or in the Stars Wars/Marvel threads, and everyone has mostly been super respectful in that sense.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To lighten things up, this here was my favorite reaction to episode 10.

schmidthead
Yes, agreed that it's mostly worked out and it's next to impossible to remove "bad actors." Having said that, I still remember you posting some set pics from Endgame that spoiled a huge plot point. I responded that this was a spoiler and you replied that it had been discussed many times on that thread so I do feel like there is a bit of an equivocation here on your part (although I didn't see the Andor "spoiler post" people are referring to).

Maybe we, as a community, can have a pinned topic on this board outlining when to use spoilers or spoiler tags or how it's acceptable to speculate. There's still no perfect way of policing it other than a member being spoiled and notifying Staff. But maybe it will work for us?
Average Joe
AG
twilly said:

Do what? There's one episode left and we haven't seen the shots in the trailer. An average joe can assume bad stuff on Ferrix happens next week

I assume nothing.
TCTTS
AG
That was before we agreed to no set pics, and was probably one of the instances that led to that agreement. Either way, I never in a million years would have so freely posted anything of any major spoiler significance on this board. I don't even remember what the set pics were, but I'm guessing something that hinted at time travel? Which had already been officially confirmed. If that ruined your enjoyment of the movie, though, I apologize. I've since agreed to never post anything like that again, without spoiler tags. Even though, again, just to be clear, I have never and would never post something major, like what appeared to have gone down today, not even in the same ballpark.
TCTTS
AG
That said, I'm totally down for a spoiler thread sticky, outlining our "rules," if staff is game.
beagle2009
AG
The last ~60 posts on this thread are some of the silliest / most pathetic stuff I've seen on the Entertainment board. Way to kill a great discussion thread. Maybe let's all just take a break until next Wednesday? Good Lord.
jeffk
AG
We're sorry, Beagle.
cbr
AG
Average Joe
AG
I think Luthen's ending/demise/whatever would fit best in conjunction with Mon Mothma starting the formal rebellion. Going from the dark and dirty to the more refined and structured rebellion would be a great transition and passing of the baton.
bobinator
AG
Just catching up and I can't believe that multiple people spoiled that there were people spoiling the spoilers on this thread.

We need a separate thread with predictions about the predictions in the show thread.
schmidthead
Yes it was the time travel, which I pretty much assumed HAD to happen (and didn't see before) but it's not the end of the world. Some of us need to accept that we will potentially see spoilers on the interwebz and quit *****ing about it. In other words: don't click on a thread about a movie/TV show… you may get spoiled! That still won't protect you from the Snape kills Dumbledore crowd but maybe it will help.
TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

Just catching up and I can't believe that multiple people spoiled that there were people spoiling the spoilers on this thread.

We need a separate thread with predictions about the predictions in the show thread.

PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

That said, I'm totally down for a spoiler thread sticky, outlining our "rules," if staff is game.
We need a flow chart
Ornithopter
AG
I didn't actually care for this episode as much.

- Weird capture then release for Andor
- Val being dumb
- Luthen using magic to defeat the tractor beam (looked cool though)
- Overly convinient way to get Syril to Ferrix

I enjoyed it, but the plot contained more of the narrative shortcuts that have plagued the end of season episodes on Disney+ Marvel and Star Wars shows.

Frankly, I'm concerned next week is going to be a major downer.
redline248
AG
If you're a rebel conspirator that can't risk being captured by a random patrol ship, why wouldn't you have anti tractor beam tech? How's that magic?
PatAg
AG
Sure seemed like he just launched a bunch of things that broke the front dish up, doesnt seem very magicy at all
TCTTS
AG
Ornithopter
AG
PatAg said:

Sure seemed like he just launched a bunch of things that broke the front dish up, doesnt seem very magicy at all

I guess my problem is why doesn't everyone do that? If all you have to do is drop some flechettes it seems like nobody would be using tractor beams.

Also, why isn't everyone using the children screaming for interrogation, like on Leia?

I do really like this show. It's my favorite thing that's been out in a while.
The Porkchop Express
AG
DubFalls said:

PatAg said:

I guess my problem is why doesn't everyone do that? If all you have to do is drop some flechettes it seems like nobody would be using tractor beams.

My guess would be that this sort of technology is really expensive and probably a one-off, like Mando's whistling birds. Luthen is super rich, and can afford the kind of ship that lets him make an escape. But surely he's in big trouble now, because even though he got away, they had all sorts of time to get a description of the ship, even with the Alderaanian ID overlay, and put out bulletins about it. He can't just "park it out back" like he apparently was doing at the shop on Coruscant since the Waif knew he wasn't there because his ship wasn't there. And it probably drops the hammer even harder on the search for Saw on the planet below since they were already in the area and suspicious, and now a highly illegal craft gave them the jump and severely damaged Imperial assets.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
OnlyForNow
AG
But that's not ready to happen is it?
Apache
AG
Quote:

Also, why isn't everyone using the children screaming for interrogation, like on Leia?
Maybe they didn't want to do that to Leia because they had another method that could get the same results without scrambling the brain. That would allow them to use her as a bargaining tool later on.
bobinator
AG
If we're going to be jumping all over time in Star Wars, then we're just going to have to get over the "why isn't this more common" thing or else nothing can be new and cool.

Just make up whatever excuse in your head. It's expensive, empire countered it, it was lucky, whatever.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

DubFalls said:

PatAg said:

My guess would be that this sort of technology is really expensive and probably a one-off, like Mando's whistling birds. Luthen is super rich, and can afford the kind of ship that lets him make an escape. But surely he's in big trouble now, because even though he got away, they had all sorts of time to get a description of the ship, even with the Alderaanian ID overlay, and put out bulletins about it. He can't just "park it out back" like he apparently was doing at the shop on Coruscant since the Waif knew he wasn't there because his ship wasn't there. And it probably drops the hammer even harder on the search for Saw on the planet below since they were already in the area and suspicious, and now a highly illegal craft gave them the jump and severely damaged Imperial assets.

I think the ship type is really common, so it's a sleeper that easily blends in. It's basically a Bond car that's a Kia instead of an Aston Martin.

ETA The bridge officer was shocked that a haul craft disabled their tractor beam, and Cassian said he'd flown haul craft before but none of them had the speed that Luthen's did.

TBH, it's my new favorite ship in Star Wars, and I can't wait for the Lego set.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.