*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

173,047 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Star Wars: Andor
Season 1 (12 Episodes)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9253284/
September 21, 2022
Disney+

TCTTS
AG
Three-episode premiere event this Wednesday.

Can't wait.
jokershady
AG
Wait it's this Wednesday???? I thought it was next Wednesday the 28th….
jokershady
AG
Christmas just came a week early!!!
PatAg
AG
Soon
tk for tu juan
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
CoppellAg93
AG
So this is a prequel to Rogue One ?
The Collective
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

A prequel to a sequel.
PatAg
AG
The Collective said:

CoppellAg93 said:

A prequel to a sequel.
Or is it a prequel to a sequel of the prequel?
The Collective
AG
The Porkchop Express
When are we starting the separate thread for Andor watchers who haven't seen Rogue One so they don't get spoiled?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
The Collective
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

When are we starting the separate thread for Andor watchers who haven't seen Rogue One so they don't get spoiled?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

You gonna jump in there too just to make sure everyone knows you've seen the movie?
cbr
AG
R1 was so brilliant. Hope this does it justice
The Porkchop Express
2 questions:

1) Who's watching it at 2 AM (or whatever time it is for you) on Wednesday?

2) Is anyone else besides me more excited about seeing Mon Mothma on Coruscant than seeing ANdor?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
PatAg said:

The Collective said:

CoppellAg93 said:

A prequel to a sequel.
Or is it a prequel to a sequel of the prequel?

A prequel to a prequel

It's Star Wars: Memento
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG

2 questions:

1) Who's watching it at 2 AM (or whatever time it is for you) on Wednesday?

2) Is anyone else besides me more excited about seeing Mon Mothma on Coruscant than seeing ANdor?

1) As stoked as I am for this show, I'm going to start watching each episode on Wednesday evenings. I need to adjust my sleep schedule and don't want to be staying up past midnight much anymore if I can help it. Plus, the roughly two-hour runtime of the premiere event changes things a bit, as it'll obviously end even later than usual.

2) The Mon Mothma Coruscant stuff looks so damn good. Every time I've ever thought about Coruscant, the first things that come to mind are bad CGI sets, goofy Jedi stuff, all the terrible Hayden Christensen scenes from Attack of the Clones, a robe-wearing Jar Jar Binks in the senate, wooden dialogue, etc. So it's so cool here to see Coruscant being taken more seriously, coming at it from a different, more mature angle, with political intrigue/scheming, upscale social events, etc... basically House of Cards: Coruscant, which has me so incredibly excited.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

So it's so cool here to see Coruscant being taken more seriously, coming at it from a different, more mature angle, with political intrigue/scheming, upscale social events, etc... basically House of Cards: Coruscant, which has me so incredibly excited.

To be honest it sounds like you missed the movie after AOTC.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

1) As stoked as I am for this show, I'm going to start watching each episode on Wednesday evenings. I need to adjust my sleep schedule and don't want to be staying up past midnight much anymore

Are you even 40 yet, bro?
TCTTS
AG
ROTS was cheesy as hell, horribly acted, looked like sh*t, and was incredibly obvious/on-the-nose.

It wasn't "taken seriously," "mature," there was no House of Cards-esque political intrigue/scheming, and didn't look or feel anything like it does in the Andor trailers so far.

Ha, frankly, I don't think ROTS has any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Every last scene in that movie is terrible, IMO. In fact, I would honestly rather watch The Rise of Skywalker again than ROTS.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tell us how you really feel.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, 41. On average, I've been going to bed around 3 or 4 (sometimes even 5) and getting up around 10am for months now. I've found that I'm very productive work-wise late at night, so I've been trying to take advantage of that, but I just can't keep that schedule up anymore. I need to get back to something more normal, and get more hours of sleep each night.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Tell us how you really feel.

Ha, in my defense, I recently rewatched like 30 minutes of ROTS as research for that pitch I'm working on and just couldn't believe how bad it (still) was. The dialogue alone/in particular made it almost unwatchable.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

ROTS was cheesy as hell, horribly acted, looked like sh*t, and was incredibly obvious/on-the-nose.

It wasn't "taken seriously," "mature," there was no House of Cards-esque political intrigue/scheming, and didn't look or feel anything like it does in the Andor trailers so far.

Ha, frankly, I don't think ROTS has any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Every last scene in that movie is terrible, IMO. In fact, I would honestly rather watch The Rise of Skywalker again than ROTS.
That's how I felt about Top Gun Maverick, and Zodiac, TBH, both total trash.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This single scene hits all of those things TC wants from Coruscant.

The Porkchop Express
Check out that ship at the end!

TCTTS
fig96
AG
Awesome read from Rolling Stone to get you hyped for the premiere (like you weren't already if you're on this thread):
Inside the Making of 'Andor,' the Star Wars Series That Changes Everything

I'm actually off this week as I get ready to start a new job next week, I just might stay up late tomorow night to watch at least one ep.
TCTTS
AG
Good luck with the new job.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, for a bit more context about the series as a whole...

- While Andor is set to last only two, pre-planned seasons, at 12 episodes per season that's equal to three full seasons of The Mandalorian.

- According to showrunner Tony Gilroy, the full, 24-episode series will ultimately, in the end, "walk the audience directly into the first scenes of Rogue One."

- Season one begins five years before the events of Rogue One (with flashbacks to Andor's childhood) and will cover ONE year in the timeline.

- Season two, however, will cover the remaining FOUR years, with every three episodes covering another year in the timeline (again, for 12 episodes total). According to Gilory, "We're going to take our four blocks of three [episodes] in the second half of the show and each block is going to represent another year closer. We really get to take the formative forging of Cassian Andor in the first 12 episodes and then we get to take that organism that we've built up and run it through the next four years in a really exciting narrative fashion."

- Season two begins filming in November, so I'm guessing it will see an early 2024 premiere. With season three of The Mandalorian (February), season one of Ahsoka (summer?), and season one of Skeleton Crew (fall?) seemingly taking up most of 2023 on the Disney+ Star Wars front - along with the fact that 12 episodes takes significantly longer to produce than your typical eight-episode run - a Q1 2024 premiere makes the most sense to me.
Apache
AG
Skeleton Crew? I'd never heard of this so I looked it up on wikipedia:

Quote:

The series was also revealed to be set after the events of Return of the Jedi (1983), just like The Mandalorian, and was described as a "galactic version of classic coming-of-age adventure films of the '80s"

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew
....was confirmed to be set in the same timeframe as The Mandalorian and Ahsoka....

....Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, explained that Watts had approached her about making a Star Wars series inspired by the Amblin film The Goonies (1985).

...Jude Law revealed to be starring

IMO, the plot: A series of meaningless mini-quests featuring a rag-tag group of teens under the leadership of a jaded Jude Law searching for small MacGuffins unraveling one clue to the next (while planet hopping) to some big MacGuffin in the finale. Along the way, the kids grow up.
The Collective
AG
When does Disney + give us a Friends styled show set on Coruscant?
Duncan Idaho
The Collective said:

When does Disney + give us a Friends styled show set on Coruscant?

I'd prefer a Honeymooners type show about the lives of 2 civil servants working in the bowels of Coruscant.

Or an All in the Family remake.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.