*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

202,388 Views | 1987 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABATTBQ11
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Knowing a file is stored on a droid is different though, that was them basically looking for a hard drive.

At any rate I don't think this would be weird at all. Maybe they did steal and scan the droid earlier and didn't find anything because it didn't know anything.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Somebody has been on reddit
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
TCTTS
AG
I swear if leaked info from reddit was just posted here as "speculation" I'm going full psycho Syril and not stopping until justice is served.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Only thing worse is someone confirming a leak for the rest of us.
AG
The episode opened with one of the Daughters Ferrix using the droid as a table for their water, so not everyone treats droids as well as Marva and the guy that stayed the night.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Only thing worse is someone confirming a leak for the rest of us.

How is that worse? I/we will be just as pissed if/when we were to learn, watching the episode, that the post was a real leak.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A leak disguised as a theory, while ****ty, doesn't stand out from among all the other theories.

I'm way more likely to forget a random poster's supposed theory, until someone confirms it's a leak.
TCTTS
AG
Are you kidding me???

I just took a peak at reddit, and at least one major part of Aggie_Journalist's post is, in fact, real, with a screenshot to prove it. Everyone please flag the hell out of his post so staff removes it, and hopefully bans him. Because I can't image how he "predicted" that without reading reddit.
TCTTS
AG
Well, it's true, so now we need to do everything we can to not ruin it for everyone else.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Well, it's true, so now we need to do everything we can to not ruin it for everyone else.
This is why when someone starts a post off they way they did, I just stop reading and scroll down.
Its almost always someone being a jackass and positing a leak as a theory to seem smart.
May have to abandon this thread for a week to avoid it
PatAg
AG
Post to get to next page
File5
AG
That's messed up. Boooooo!
PatAg
AG
Lovely weather
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sigh. Thanks a lot to AJ, and to Porkchop, who just couldn't help himself.

You could've easily voted it down without drawing attention to it.
PatAg
AG
bilbobag said:

So are we to assume Marva died because she didn't take her meds and her health declined drastically to which she succumb? Also was her not taking her meds done purposely with a bigger plan in place?
ttt
PatAg
AG
Jim01 said:

I haven't read the thread, but just came to say that I finally started this show a couple weeks ago and am now all caught up.

Holy hell! THIS. THIS is what I've been asking for. A legitimately great show that just happens to be in the Stars Wars universe. Great writing, character development, dialog, acting, plot and then the bonus of being Star Wars. It's like they heard all my complaints and addressed them.

Cinematography - The other shows are too clean and digital and it often times make things look fake. SW should be cinematic and on film and Andor looks beautiful and cinematic.

Alien Overkill - The other shows felt the need to dump new species into the mix for absolutely no reason. The low point was Obi-Wan where they are running around a downtown area and there's like twenty new creatures and there was literally a crocodile man. Just ridiculous. Andor is remarkably human based and the few aliens they have introduced look good and serve a roll. They aren't just background scenery.

Dialog - The words make sense and sound like adults would actually speak them. Some legitimate great lines as well. "I haven't been sleeping." "I know, but I need you to wake up."

And when they do something they do it well. This last episode I was giddy at the space battle. When he sprayed those darts and shredded the satellite dish I fist pumped. And then the lasers out the side and roll? Come on!

Overall this is the high water mark for SW series by far to me. Can't wait for the finale and next season.
yep
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

MandoArms said:

The lasers on the side of his ship are actually already cannon from Attack of t he Clones. They had the on the troop transports, but their laser beam was green.

Cool picture
TCTTS
AG
I just can't f/cking believe someone would do this, in this day age. The spoiler-as-prediction thing is so hacky and lame, and so 2010. I mean, how big of a piece of sh*t do you have to be to intentionally ruin a show that's *this* loved by fans???
PatAg
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Luthen is badass. Hope he has a good exit. I never really bought the rebellion winning in the OT. Just seemed like a couple hundred teenagers + Admiral Akbar fighting a galaxy wide totalitarian government and winning with about 20 ships. Rogue One and Andor have put forth some serious players that you could buy as leaders/organizers of an effective rebellion.
This got lost in the shuffle, great point
PatAg
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Loved at the end, how they are back on the Mexican Riviera and it's completely empty. You are left with the impression that every tourist is working on Narkina.
I know who I would send to Narkina
PatAg
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Man the scenes where Brasso was consoling Bee were actually really well done. Enjoy that they can make you love and empathize with droids.

This was a thought I had, and its because they earned that emotion. From the first time he appeared, B had a personality and was clearly treated like a companion with a personality.
File5
AG
Clout chasing is the name of the game these days. No honor left. We should bring back corporal punishment.

But he also made it so specific that we'd definitely come back and notice it...in that case would you still be mad if you didn't know it was real before you watched it?
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

I just can't f/cking believe someone would do this, in this day age. The spoiler-as-prediction thing is so hacky and lame, and so 2010. I mean, how big of a piece of sh*t do you have to be to intentionally ruin a show that's *this* loved by fans???
This constantly happened in the game of thrones thread. I am surprised we made it this long tbh.
PatAg
AG
Average Joe said:

I think Vel still being in the city and being so careless plays right into her character. We found out during the heist that she is still very green and doesn't think of everything. She may have potential, but still has a long ways to go.

She also seems very eager to be involved as much as possible. Dangerous combo with the state of everything on the city planet.
She definitely seems to always seem on the verge of being in and over her head, but so far has come through when it matters. Will be interesting to see what she does, maybe she finally bites off more than she can chew.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sigh. That a lot to AJ and to Porkchop, who just couldn't help himself.

You could've easily voted it down without drawing attention to it.

I really don't at all understand putting this on Porkchop.

You're essentially saying that it's ok for a lot of people to not know if the show has been ruined for him, for the next week, only to eventually confirm that it was, in fact, ruined for then when watching the episode in real time - vs - now at least having confirmation that it's a spoiler, and saving everyone who hasn't yet clicked on this thread from ever reading it in the first place, as long as staff deletes it soon.

That's just selfish, man.
PatAg
AG
We really just need the ability to flag something as a spoiler, or something like that, to where posts can be deleted quicker.
We need to also all NOT reply to it

I think as punishment the offender should have to take a snap at QB against LSU.
TCTTS
AG
File5 said:

Clout chasing is the name of the game these days. No honor left. We should bring back corporal punishment.

But he also made it so specific that we'd definitely come back and notice it...in that case would you still be mad if you didn't know it was real before you watched it?

Hopefully the only "clout" he receives is a perma-ban.
twilly
AG
You know there are shots in the mid season trailer that show Ferrix streets exploding. Not a huge reach to think there's an uprising.
PatAg
AG
Another aspect that really sucks when people do that, is part of the fun of these threads is all of us trying to think of where this show could go with the story.
Most of us end up being very wrong, but sometimes people have really cool ideas and its fun to read.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg said:

We really just need the ability to flag something as a spoiler, or something like that, to where posts can be deleted quicker.
We need to also all NOT reply to it

I think as punishment the offender should have to take a snap at QB against LSU.

I flagged it as "trolling," which is the closest thing I could find out of those options. But yeah, we definitely need a "spoiler" flag as well, that goes to the top of the queue or alerts staff faster or something.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait. I'm selfish for calling both of them out?

AJ is a piece of crap for posting spoilers, but Porkchop also didn't have to confirm it as such. Once again, if you don't know for sure it's a spoiler, then there's no reason for it to stand out.

I don't see why voting it down for staff to delete, but not confirm it as a spoiler, is not the best option.

But he just had to let everyone know how much he knows about what's coming, just like he does with books he's read. He seems to get off on it.
PatAg
AG
why would you do this....
twilly
AG
Do what? There's one episode left and we haven't seen the shots in the trailer. An average joe can assume bad stuff on Ferrix happens next week

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wait. I'm selfish because for calling both of them out?

AJ is a piece of crap for posting spoilers, but Porkchop also didn't have to confirm it as such. Once again, if you don't know for sure it's a spoiler, then there's no reason for it to stand out.

I don't see why voting is down for staff to delete, but not confirm it as a spoiler, is not the best option.

But he just had to let everyone know how much he knows about what's coming, just like he does with books he's read. He seems to get off on it.

If we didn't get confirmation, why do you think everyone was just going to forget his post in the next seven days? I can't unread what I read. I wasn't going to forget any of that, and the second I saw the episode I would have been like "What the f/ck!?" then instead of now. And again, this at least guarantees that staff will now delete it. A few downvotes or whatever wasn't going to get his post removed.
TCTTS
AG
twilly said:

Do what? There's one episode left and we haven't seen the shots in the trailer. An average joe can assume bad stuff on Ferrix happens next week

Posting assumption/legit speculation based on trailers isn't even in the same ballpark as posting massively detailed spoilers. I honestly can't believe you're trying to make this argument.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.