*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

176,578 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad wants to be cremated and shot out of the cannon at Kyle Field. During a game. We've told him multiple times that's almost assuredly a health hazard, if not utterly disgusting/disturbing for anyone sitting in the lower level, who happens to be down wind, but he won't listen. He legit thinks that if he gives enough money, or if he writes a passionate enough letter, they'll somehow allow it.
The Dirty Sock
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

My dad wants to be cremated and shot out of the cannon at Kyle Field. During a game. We've told him multiple times that's almost assuredly a health hazard, if not utterly disgusting/disturbing for anyone sitting in the lower level, who happens to be down wind, but he won't listen. He legit thinks that if he gives enough money, or if he writes a passionate enough letter, they'll somehow allow it.

Oh I bet there is a dollar figure that could make that happen.
The Porkchop Express
ABATTBQ11 said:

Frack the empire would have been great. Could see click bait bloggers everywhere trying to tie BSG into SW.
Total Feldercarb.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Flashdiaz
AG
Plan B:

PatAg
AG
tk for tu juan
tk for tu juan
Could also go streaking across Kyle Field then do this:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
Episode 1: Cassian hesitates to kill the second corpo after accidentally killing the first

Episode 12: Cassian takes down the guard in the hallway
and shoots him without a second thought
Dro07
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Plan B:

This has most certainly been done many a times on Kyle field
TXAG 05
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Project Gemini said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

You know what's a bit mind blowing and ironic to me?

That Imperial Stormtrooper was correct.

Cassian Andor IS part of 'them', he WAS running from a crime. Just not the current one.
Bruh. It wasn't a Stormtrooper. It was a Shoretrooper.

If they're hit by a hurricane, does he become a stormtrooper or a hurricane trooper?

Tropical Storm Trooper. Duh.
Ornithopter
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Episode 1: Cassian hesitates to kill the second corpo after accidentally killing the first

Episode 12: Cassian takes down the guard in the hallway
and shoots him without a second thought

Start of Rogue One, Andor murders informant so that he can't be followed by the Empire
pocketrockets06
AG
Nice little article about the elements of an uprising that Andor gets right. Again this is why Andor feels real and well-written.

Andor and the Politics of an Incipient Insurgency - Political Violence at a Glance
Madmarttigan
AG
Finally got around to watching this, really solid stuff.

Mando is more fun but the storytelling/ acting/aesthetic are so insanely superior in this.

I really need the creators of this to go back and do an old republic storyline or way in the future past skywalker with a completely fresh take.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Finished the final 2 episodes this past weekend. A lot of my thoughts have already been said. Such a great show!
ABATTBQ11
AG
TXAG 05 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Project Gemini said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

Cassian Andor IS part of 'them', he WAS running from a crime. Just not the current one.

If they're hit by a hurricane, does he become a stormtrooper or a hurricane trooper?

But it's a hurricane, not a tropical storm. Dark Tropical Storm Trooper?
heddleston
AG
I loved that Bee was complaining that he couldn't leave the house because he was charging. Brasso notes he's been charging all day and should be fine, but Bee really wasn't. He'd essentially been lying the whole time as he held onto Maarva's speech, knew what it said and would incite, and kept his mouth shut about it.
CapCityAg89
AG
Finally got to finishing this show with my daughter (15) and then this thread. Simply amazing. I love this universe so much and Kenobi was so unforgivably horrid. Despite what others have said, I'd love to see this type of treatment with Jedi and light sabers and the force. It would be spectacular.
Chipotlemonger
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Finally got to finishing this show with my daughter (15) and then this thread. Simply amazing. I love this universe so much and Kenobi was so unforgivably horrid. Despite what others have said, I'd love to see this type of treatment with Jedi and light sabers and the force. It would be spectacular.

We want KOTOR!!!
The Porkchop Express
Diego Luna has been nominated for Best Performance for Andor in the Golden Globes.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Diego Luna has been nominated for Best Performance for Andor in the Golden Globes.

I hope he wins. Feels like Andor got jobbed on the whole. How Andy Serkis or Kellen Skarsgard didn't get a nomination for supporting actor is beyond me.
The Porkchop Express
Hopefully the Emmys will be kinder to them.
KCup17
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

TXAG 05 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Project Gemini said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

But it's a hurricane, not a tropical storm. Dark Tropical Storm Trooper?

I feel like it should depend on the name of the storm.
jeffk
AG
Tropical Storm Karen Troopers are the worst.
KCup17
AG
Some of the strictest in all the empire.
HossAg
AG
Just finished S1 and that is by far the best Star Wars content ever created imo. Absolute masterpiece of a show.
AliasMan02
AG
HossAg said:

Just finished S1 and that is by far the best Star Wars content ever created imo. Absolute masterpiece of a show.

I'm on a rewatch kick. Rewatched Mando and now doing Bad Batch ahead of Season 2. They're both awesome and with Andor they show the range Star Wars can have.

Mando is all adventure and cameos and some really great genre work... the gunfighter motifs especially. People describe it as Filoni and Favreau breaking out their action figures and planning episodes, and that's accurate.

Bad Batch is phenomenal. It has so many deep cuts and builds on the other animated series so well. Can't wait for Season 2 in a couple of weeks. I watched the episode with the fight between Bane and Shand tonight and some of the shots and environments and camera work are as good as anything you see in the films. Rebels is still probably my favorite but the animation isn't nearly as good and it has a lot of fluff episodes. No fluff in Bad Batch.

Andor is CINEMA, though. It's storytelling art of the highest order. I can't wait to watch it again over the break.
AgBQ-00
AG
6 episodes in. Holy cow this is good
jokershady
AG
Episode 10 is going to blow your mind….then piss you off when you realize what brilliance the sequel trilogy could have been….

EDIT: oops….meant episode 10
Dro07
AG
jokershady said:

Episode 10 is going to blow your mind….then piss you off when you realize what brilliance the sequel trilogy could have been….

EDIT: oops….meant episode 10

Still hoping the time travel stuff erases the sequels
AgLaw
AG
HossAg said:

I just binged it and told my boys it was the best Star Wars event since Empire. The finale was amazing and rekindled the feeling from when I was a kid watching ANH and Empire.

Mando to Kenobi to this….Disney is knocking out of the park in this format. They need to keep allowing this generation of storytellers to mold the universe. Bravo.
AgBQ-00
AG
Finished it up last night. It was AWESOME!! Now we have to wait for a year ot more
MASAXET
AG
Nothing helpful to add here. Just also chiming in to echo that this is the best Star Wars content that's been put out since the OT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.