*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

176,567 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by jeffk
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABATTBQ11 said:

I think it would have TIEs. It's a manufacturing facility and prison. It's a prime target for rebels to hit manufacturing and breakout prisoners, all in one go.
I don't know. It doesn't feel that way to me. The planet he was on for the heist had an airfield with TIEs and bases elsewhere. Plus, it feels like the prison system should be separate from the military.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That was a very small garrison though. This is a massive prison and manufacturing facility. It would make sense to have them close to save money and not build two facilities. There's also bound to be somewhere where all of these parts are shipped out of (unless there's an endless cycle of build and disassemble), so a dual purpose use makes economic sense as well.
CondensedFogAggie
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the events of level 2-5 went like:

1) Just released level 4 inmate ends up on level 2-5 day shift

2) Word spreads on the 2-5 floor who somehow manage to finish their shift

3) During the day/night shift exchange, on the 2-5 bridge both day and night shift inmates start causing a disruption after learning nobody is leaving

4) The disruption is severe and long enough that other floors notice and word spreads live around the building to 5-2 and Andor, who are wondering what the delay is.

5) Suddenly the entire bridge of 2-5 is fried, killing 100 men and causing a brief power outage, and alarms start going off

6) Others floors and bridges are witnessing the brutal deaths of 2-5, word spreads rapidly around the building. "Somethings REALLY wrong on 2!"

7) Shift exchange goes on, maintenance techs are dispatched to 2-5 to fix the grid. So they know the aftermath, but not WHY it happened.

8) The doctor is also sent to 2-5, hears from dying prisoners what exactly happened, then euthanizes them. "Another week like this, and you'll be begging for what he's getting"

9) Maintenance tech tells what happened to 5-2 night shift manager Zinska, who shares with his men

10) Who tell the news to 5-2-D, and Andor/Kino learn from the doctor what really happened.

If the above timeline is true, the meticulous attention to detail is absolutely amazing. This show is bananas.
EMY92
AG
I don't think he'd use a tie to escape, no hyperdrive. He wouldn't get far.
An L of an Ag
AG
Man, is it Wednesday yet??
ABATTBQ11
AG
18 hours to go
PatAg
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the events of level 2-5 went like:

1) Just released level 4 inmate ends up on level 2-5 day shift

2) Word spreads on the 2-5 floor who somehow manage to finish their shift

3) During the day/night shift exchange, on the 2-5 bridge both day and night shift inmates start causing a disruption after learning nobody is leaving

4) The disruption is severe and long enough that other floors notice and word spreads live around the building to 5-2 and Andor, who are wondering what the delay is.

5) Suddenly the entire bridge of 2-5 is fried, killing 100 men and causing a brief power outage, and alarms start going off

6) Others floors and bridges are witnessing the brutal deaths of 2-5, word spreads rapidly around the building. "Somethings REALLY wrong on 2!"

7) Shift exchange goes on, maintenance techs are dispatched to 2-5 to fix the grid. So they know the aftermath, but not WHY it happened.

8) The doctor is also sent to 2-5, hears from dying prisoners what exactly happened, then euthanizes them. "Another week like this, and you'll be begging for what he's getting"

9) Maintenance tech tells what happened to 5-2 night shift manager Zinska, who shares with his men

10) Who tell the news to 5-2-D, and Andor/Kino learn from the doctor what really happened.

If the above timeline is true, the meticulous attention to detail is absolutely amazing. This show is bananas.
Level 2-5?
AG
Shoutout to everyone on this thread. Hadn't planned to watch Andor as most of the recent Star Wars creations had been disappointing. Saw this thread which caused me to read additional reviews of the show. Ended up binging the existing episodes in two days. Think it is my favorite show of the year so far, yes even over House of the Dragon and Severance.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know getting 100% agreement among the fanbase is impossible, but I feel like this show, and Rogue One, are the closest we've come to it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Level 2, room* 5.

*Or whatever they call it, I can't remember
TCTTS
AG
I love watching election night coverage, no matter who wins. It's such a rare, communal event in which the entire country participates, and staying up late to catch all the returns is a big part of that. Getting to roll that right into Andor tonight makes it all the more fun/special, especially considering it's almost assuredly the prison break episode. Would only be appropriate, and a nice little cherry on top, if we get some good Mon Mothma political intrigue as well.
CondensedFogAggie
PatAg said:

Level 2-5?

Level 2 unit 5, who would be using the bridge on the far side of the building from Andor, who is on level 5, unit 2. Which is why Kino is shouting at his men why worry what's happening on the far side of the building.

In fact, the level of detail is absolutely insane, because the killing of 2-5 is being witnessed and spread across the circular building in both directions.

From bridge 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 where Andors table coworker, Taga, is reading hand signals. "Level 2, far side"

From bridge 2 -> 1 -> 7 -> 6 -> 5 where the night shift hand signaler who's walking in the opposite direction of Andor in the other lane, confirms something bad on level 2. "Level 2, It's coming around this way now"

Again, that one line from the 5-2 night shift hand signaler really shows the fantastic attention to detail.
twilly
AG
'Andor' Struggles With Ratings and Audience Demand

Interesting article about viewership and comparisons to other streaming series.
oragator
I said several pages ago that this show didn't resonate with me like other SW shows and got beat up for it. Seems I was not alone.
Faustus
ABATTBQ11 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

How about his name? Or the fact that he single-handedly orchestrated the mass execution of Jedi throughout the galaxy? Or how he was able to turn a Republic into an Empire?

None of which is relevant to understanding what he wants. The original trilogy tells us all we need to know about his motivations, which are the consolidation of power and the subjugation of the galaxy.

According to wookipedia he wants to live forever. That's what his "wise" erstwhile master Darth Plagueis wanted before Palps betrayed him.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

double aught
AG
oragator said:

I said several pages ago that this show didn't resonate with me like other SW shows and got beat up for it. Seems I was not alone.
Well they deserve to be beat up too.
PatAg
AG
oragator said:

I think this show suffers from following the **** show that was Kenobi, which also followed the disappointment that was Book of Boba Fett
They whiffed on two shows in a row, and seemingly only hit it off with Mandalorian.
I think Andor will do just fine in the long run
An L of an Ag
AG
PatAg said:

oragator said:

I think this show suffers from following the **** show that was Kenobi, which also followed the disappointment that was Book of Boba Fett
They whiffed on two shows in a row, and seemingly only hit it off with Mandalorian.

Boba Fett at least ran the count full. Kenobi was three awkward corkscrew swings nowhere near the ball.
PatAg
AG
An L of an Ag said:

PatAg said:

oragator said:

Boba Fett at least ran the count full. Kenobi was three awkward corkscrew swings nowhere near the ball.
Boba Fett was smart enough to sub Mando in for a few episodes
I do understand people not vibing with Andor, but I expect it to end up being a big hit with fans in the long run.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Quote:

I do understand people not vibing with Andor.

I don't, at all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reviews for ESB weren't effusive at the start either. Give it time. This is all-time great SW content and it'll be widely recognized within the decade.
powerbelly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Reviews for ESB weren't effusive at the start either. Give it time. This is all-time great SW content and it'll be widely recognized within the decade.
I think this series will really shine on re-watch.
CondensedFogAggie
PatAg said:

An L of an Ag said:

PatAg said:

oragator said:

I do understand people not vibing with Andor, but I expect it to end up being a big hit with fans in the long run.
To be fair, I thought the first 3 episodes were interesting, but pretty boring. So Cassian killed a couple guys in self defense on a run down planet and some low level police officer was after him. Not really sure what the stakes were.

Plus Game of Thrones and LOTR was back and in full swing.

Now I'm Andors biggest fan, so I'm sure the show will do very well in the long run.
The Collective
AG
I wish Disney would just say **** it and put this thing out in about 3 hours.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wish they dropped every episode at a reasonable ****ing time.
TCTTS
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

PatAg said:

An L of an Ag said:

PatAg said:

oragator said:

To be fair, I thought the first 3 episodes were interesting, but pretty boring. So Cassian killed a couple guys in self defense on a run down planet and some low level police officer was after him. Not really sure what the stakes were.

Plus Game of Thrones and LOTR was back and in full swing.

Now I'm Andors biggest fan, so I'm sure the show will do very well in the long run.

The first scene of the pilot episode of a Star Wars series, for a franchise that has so far been aimed mostly at kids and teens, opened in a brothel, which immediately grabbed my attention. That + Andor then killing two security guards, and immediately becoming the primary suspect in a manhunt, was anything but boring to me, personally. I mean, his freedom and his life were literally at stake. I'll give you that episode two was a bit of bridge/filler episode, but to then end that three-episode arc with the Andor/Luthen escape, and all that action/drama, all expertly juxtaposed against Andor's childhood backstory, was just endlessly captivating to me. Combined with the incredible cinematography and score, I don't know what more anyone could have asked for out of the gate from something like this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First scene felt straight out of Blade Runner, with the music and that aesthetic, and even the mystery/detective aspect of looking for his sister.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. With just a hint of Tron: Legacy too. I thought it was such a cool vibe and attention-grabber.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They would, but then you might not watch ABC's coverage of the midterm elections live tonight.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Right on!

Like all at once!
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS exerted his west coast influence to get those times set to his schedule.
TCTTS
AG
If I had that kind of influence I would have made sure it was well before midnight.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

If I had that kind of influence I would have made sure it was well before midnight.

Aren't you like Finn? Kind of a big deal?
TCTTS
AG
No offense, but if I were a big deal I wouldn't be spending as much time on TexAgs as I do.
powerbelly
AG
TCTTS said:

No offense, but if I were a big deal I wouldn't be spending as much time on TexAgs as I do.

Rude

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.