*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,391 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, my thoughts reflect pretty much everything already said. All I could think about watching the episode was how much they immerse you into the world. The world and character building is sensational. So rich in detail that you find everyday relatable things but colored with Star Wars that you feel really apart of the world. Not to mention the story it is weaving. The story independent of being a Star Wars is interesting and orchestrated that it makes all of the other Star Wars efforts to date feel like B-grade movies. The bat has been set high and I hope this is the genesis of Star Wars to move from a more complex and detailed world for adult to appreciate rather than adolescent demo.
TCTTS
AG
Amen.
The Porkchop Express
Be cool if the next ep splits back and forth between them escaping the armory and maneuvering through the Eye and Mon Mothma maneuvering her way through a politically-charged dinner.

I know I keep dipping into fan service, but I'd love to see like a 60-second exchange between Palpatine and Mon MOthma in the Senate halls.

Do you think Palpatine still shows up to the Senate meetings as Emperor? Seems like he would official not GAS once he took control and just have them there to keep them occupied and out of his hair.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Duncan Idaho
Love this show.

Glad to see the best character from the girls cast is still getting work

The vibe at the camp sure felt like an A24 movie. I guess someone is going to die a strange and gruesome death
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Be cool if the next ep splits back and forth between them escaping the armory and maneuvering through the Eye and Mon Mothma maneuvering her way through a politically-charged dinner.

I know I keep dipping into fan service, but I'd love to see like a 60-second exchange between Palpatine and Mon MOthma in the Senate halls.

Do you think Palpatine still shows up to the Senate meetings as Emperor? Seems like he would official not GAS once he took control and just have them there to keep them occupied and out of his hair.

I think you're spot-on. Just rewatched all three trailers, and...

TCTTS
AG
Even better is that, say, 70% of the footage in the trailers is from the first four episodes, with a huge chunk of the remaining 30% looking to come from the next two or so. In other words, I think we've hardly seen a thing from the second half of the season, which is exciting.
TCTTS
AG

Surely we get at least one Palatine cameo at some point during the show's run, right?

I think a Bail Organa appearance is a lock as well, like you mentioned.

And we know Saw Gerrera will play a part too, since he's in the trailers.

Obviously, the show won't get too easter eggy/fan servicey, but I do wonder who else could possibly show up, in terms of fun surprises?
PatAg
AG
Do they have the balls to cast someone new for Bail Organa, Leia, Palpatine, or any of those characters?

I suspect we get references to him, and maaaybe some sort of scene where he is talking in the big ol senate room.
I think it is more likely we see Mon Mothma against someone lower down the ladder of power, which would make more sense anyways I think.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg said:

Do they have the balls to cast someone new for Bail Organa, Leia, Palpatine, or any of those characters?

I suspect we get references to him, and maaaybe some sort of scene where he is talking in the big ol senate room.
I think it is more likely we see Mon Mothma against someone lower down the ladder of power, which would make more sense anyways I think.

Considering we saw all three in Obi-Wan, with Smits still playing Organa, and McDiarmid still playing Palpatine, I don't know why they'd have to recast either here. And if they've already recast Leia once, I don't see why they wouldn't do it again, if not do another CGI cameo when they get closer to BBY 0.
The Collective
AG
Man, what an episode. I yelled at the tv when the credits popped up.
MandoArms
Speaking of Kenobi do you think we will see Roken in this series?
IG: mando_arms
The Porkchop Express

Daniel Faraday confirmed as jumping through time again.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
MandoArms said:

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea who that is.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

MandoArms said:

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
MandoArms
TCTTS said:

MandoArms said:

O'Shea Jackson Jr's character from Kenobi. He was setting up a rebel network, I could see him making an appearance.
IG: mando_arms
The Porkchop Express
Or ****, maybe Mon Mothma walks by Vader one day. That would be easier to do than get Ian McDiarmid done up as Palps again.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
How the hell do you guys remember his name? I like O'Shea Jackson Jr., but that character made absolutely no impression on me whatsoever.

That said, while I don't see any reason he couldn't appear, I haven't heard anything one way or the other.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

How the hell do you guys remember his name? I like O'Shea Jackson Jr., but that character made absolutely no impression on me whatsoever.

That said, while I don't see any reason he couldn't appear, I haven't heard anything one way or the other.
When you like a show, you get to know the characters.
And there's an Internet.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watching it right now and the Coruscant title card just popped up.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy ****, these landscape shots are GoT level.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh. Hosnian Prime mention. Don't remind us.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ugh. Hosnian Prime mention. Don't remind us.
$936 million baby!

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

Cousin!

I literally raised my fist in the air in celebration, alone on my couch, like a huge nerd, twice this episode... once when Coruscant appeared on screen for the first time in live action since 2005... and the other when Cousin appeared and I yelled out loud to myself, "Cousin!"

Wait...what? For the planet from the trilogy you loathe? This is bizarre to me. Did someone hack TC?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ISB chick and Henry Thomas will both join the rebels before the season is over.
BowSowy
AG
I will echo everything said here many times, this show feels big in a way that a lot of modern Star Wars does not. Through 4, this has been excellent
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

Cousin!

I literally raised my fist in the air in celebration, alone on my couch, like a huge nerd, twice this episode... once when Coruscant appeared on screen for the first time in live action since 2005... and the other when Cousin appeared and I yelled out loud to myself, "Cousin!"

Wait...what? For the planet from the trilogy you loathe? This is bizarre to me. Did someone hack TC?

Ha, I've always dug Coruscant. Just not the sh*tty interior sets from the prequels. Love the general vibe/idea, though, in a Fifth Element kind of way, and the underworld and all that. I was giddy last night getting to explore all the parts we've never seen before.
The Porkchop Express
What If Senior Senator Binks rolls up at Mon Mothma's dinner party?
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I really don't think this series needs Palpatine, and I kind of hope we don't get him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I remember seeing all the Hunger Games movies and thinking wow, these movies are showing the kind of oppression and rebellion that I wish Star Wars showed more of, especially ground level. That was my favorite aspect of those movies, and it bugged me that they did it better than Star Wars ever did.

Now we're getting exactly that. Skarsgard's over the top persona was straight out of the capital from Hunger Games, and I mean that in the best way. Can't wait to see more of Coruscant and all the political intrigue that will provide.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why would they recast Bail? There's zero reason to do that when Jimmy Smits is the exact age he needs to be.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I really don't think this series needs Palpatine, and I kind of hope we don't get him.
He and Andor play Sabaacc for the rights to own K2-SO. Lando, Mando, and Thrawn are also at the table.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
cbr
AG

What If Senior Senator Binks rolls up at Mon Mothma's dinner party?
Jesus now i have a headache
cbr
AG
Interesting they can make you love a show without really liking most of the characters. Raises the tension all around, which is highly appropriate
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

Cousin!

Ha, I've always dug Coruscant. Just not the sh*tty interior sets from the prequels. Love the general vibe/idea, though, in a Fifth Element kind of way, and the underworld and all that. I was giddy last night getting to explore all the parts we've never seen before.
Coruscant also existed before the prequel trilogy, just sayin

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.