*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,400 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Succession is, hands down, the best show on television. Andor is the best show of the year, but Succession has the overall belt in terms of prestige TV, Emmy wins, etc (and didn't technically air this year). Just don't be turned off if you find the characters "unlikeable" at first. They're all mostly terrible people that I promise you'll grow to love watching, if only because the writing is so good/funny. The highly fourth season drops this coming spring, so now would be the perfect time to catch up on the first three seasons.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, and I sold my iPad because I literally only used it on planes. So that's not an option either, and one I consider too small as well anyway. It's big screen or bust for me.
TCTTS
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Have you watched The Bear? Highly recommend. The show stole the summer.

I second this. The Bear is fantastic.
The Collective
AG
I've watched most of Andor on our bedroom TV (32") with zero external speakers. I watched the last episode in our living room, and was like WTF have I been doing?
powerbelly
AG
The Bear is fantastic.

I hated succession.
gougler08
AG
Ok The Bear and Succession it is, thanks guys
TCTTS
AG
powerbelly said:

The Bear is fantastic.

I hated succession.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
powerbelly said:

The Bear is fantastic.

I hated succession.

swc93
AG
powerbelly said:

The Bear is fantastic.

I hated succession.
Boar on the floor.
TCTTS
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

So stoked for tonight.

I have a bit of a conundrum for next week's finale, though...

I'm flying home Wednesday morning for Thanksgiving. 7am flight, meaning I have to wake up around 4am. The finale will premiere at midnight my time.

So, do I go to bed early Tuesday night, NOT watch the finale at midnight, get up at 4am, fly home, and then watch the finale in Texas Wednesday night after everyone's gone to bed, while having to try and avoid spoilers all day?

- or -

Go to bed even earlier Tuesday night, wake up at 3 am, get ready, watch it on my own TV that I love, then hop in an Uber and head to the airport? The problem with this option is I risk the alarm going off at 3 and being so tired that I just go back to sleep for the extra hour, then I'm back having to deal with avoiding spoilers all day. This could be especially disastrous considering when waiting at my gate and on the plane is probably when I look at Twitter the most.

there is only one correct answer. You know. I know it. We know it. And the sooner you come to grips with this the sooner you can prepare the necessary caffeine and coffee supplements your body will need when the adrenaline from that episode eventually wears off.

TUESDAY!
TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
The Collective said:

I've watched most of Andor on our bedroom TV (32") with zero external speakers. I watched the last episode in our living room, and was like WTF have I been doing?
Similar story. I watched the first few whenever or wherever I had the chance, usually on my iPad in bed. But it's so good in every way that I made the move to the big OLED with the speakers in the living room. All apologies to the Hallmark Christmas movie and/or Paw Patrol fans in the house.
powerbelly
AG
I watched a few episodes and hated everyone. There is too much else on for me to hate watch something.
cbr
AG
TCTTS said:

Succession is, hands down, the best show on television. Andor is the best show of the year, but Succession has the overall belt in terms of prestige TV, Emmy wins, etc (and didn't technically air this year). Just don't be turned off if you find the characters "unlikeable" at first. They're all mostly terrible people that I promise you'll grow to love watching, if only because the writing is so good/funny. The highly fourth season drops this coming spring, so now would be the perfect time to catch up on the first three seasons.
I slummed through succession, and enjoyed it, but i dont get it as any kind of great show. The entire premise is a logic fail. While it was well acted, etc., it certainly has many faults.

Curious, what is it that makes it rank so highly for you? Or maybe thats for another thread. I think i only saw 2 seasons, maybe i need to catch the 3rd
TCTTS
AG
It's not just me, though. It wins all the top Emmys, is considered by most critics to be the best show on TV, has become part of the zeitgeist, etc. But even outside of the awards/critics circuit (which I know a handful of posters here can't stand), it's just phenomenally great writing, with Andor and Better Call Saul the only things coming close, IMO. That, and I have no idea what you're talking about, re: "the entire premise is a logic fail." I've never heard any kind of complaint along those lines. Regardless, if you didn't like the first two seasons you won't like the third, so there's no point in catching up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Please explain this logic fail.
The Porkchop Express
Please discuss on the Succession thread.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
jokershady
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

hey let's talk about rides at Disney World!

PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

It's not just me, though. It wins all the top Emmys, is considered by most critics to be the best show on TV, has become part of the zeitgeist, etc. But even outside of the awards/critics circuit (which I know a handful of posters here can't stand), it's just phenomenally great writing, with Andor and Better Call Saul the only things coming close, IMO. That, and I have no idea what you're talking about, re: "the entire premise is a logic fail." I've never heard any kind of complaint along those lines. Regardless, if you didn't like the first two seasons you won't like the third, so there's no point in catching up.
It is not a surprise that that poster doesnt see what the big deal is with Succession.
This is just based on how they have posted about other shows/movies that are similar in nature.
boogieman
AG
Man, how was Luthen going to get outta that jam? So fun.

He's just an all around bad ass.

Man, such a short episode. Was definitely wanting more.

So sad that next week is the season finale.
tk for tu juan
Why does the ship that Andor used to leave the prison planet look familiar?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that was almost too short. And somewhat of an uneventful bridge/set-up episode, save for the Luthen escape sequence, which was INCREDIBLE. Just the *sounds* of that sequence were enough to get me hyped.

That said, I don't know how I feel about Cassian's mother dying offscreen, between episodes. It felt like they were surely setting up some kind blaze-of-glory suicide death. The whole thing feels so off that I'm almost wondering if there's some kind sleight-of-hand going on? We technically didn't see a body (just a figure wrapped in cloth), but then again, an it-was-all-a-ploy surprise feels so beneath this show that I don't know what to think.
TCTTS
AG
I was wondering the exact same thing. It looked like something from The Mandalorian, maybe?
twilly
AG
Quad jumper was first seen in the Falcon escape scene in The Force Awakens.

MandoArms
Will Cassian go back and use the funeral as a distraction to get Bix out? Everyone is heading to Ferrix now…next week's episode better be an hour long.
IG: mando_arms
cbr
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Please explain this logic fail.
After a decent night's sleep, the fail was me….i havent seen succession yet. Lol. For whatever reason i was thinking of severance. Another widely acclaimed show that i enjoyed but didnt really think was as good as some say.

So sounds like i have a new show to watch.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
jokershady said:

In our galaxy, dad would get CPS called on him for that.
#FJB
cbr
AG
Back on topic - another good but slow burn episode - with the explosive escape scene. Cool to see what the best ship money can buy can do.

Ive been watching this on ipad - think i need to watch on big screen with sound. Feels like i am missing something as others mentioned so thanks for those comments above.
cbr
AG
jokershady said:

Yeah, thats so hilariously disturbing i had to take a minute. Lol

And then….there is the daughter aspect….
cbr
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

It is not a surprise that that poster doesnt see what the big deal is with Succession.
This is just based on how they have posted about other shows/movies that are similar in nature.
Now that i admittedly was talking about the wrong show, what other similar shows are you referring to?
redline248
AG
Solid episode. I love the look of Imperials that know they just got f-cked. I imagine the stormtroopers behind him grinning their asses off in a "you're gonna be in so much trouble" way.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of so many major players going to Ferix for a final showdown.
FtWorthHorn
cbr said:

TCTTS said:

I slummed through succession, and enjoyed it, but i dont get it as any kind of great show. The entire premise is a logic fail. While it was well acted, etc., it certainly has many faults.

Curious, what is it that makes it rank so highly for you? Or maybe thats for another thread. I think i only saw 2 seasons, maybe i need to catch the 3rd
Totally with you on this. It is fun to watch, performances and dialogue are great...but it just doesn't go anywhere. "Hey let's take over from Logan...but wait that would end the show...guess we'll start all over." Makes it hard for the drama to have any stakes.
FtWorthHorn
TCTTS said:

We also have to be getting close to either an outright or heavily inferred Death Star reference, via the ISB or someone higher up in the Empire.
Didn't we already get this? They mentioned the "increase in construction shipments going to Scarif."
MandoArms
I don't think the Death Star was built near Scarif.
IG: mando_arms

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.