*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,385 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just watched the first scene on Ferrix again. It's not out of the question that those first brief images are Aunt Petunia under a sheet and not necessarily all of Bee. You see his eye certainly, but there are some white, sort of gauzy motions as well.

Considering some of what we know of Bee and his capacity to lie, if they told him she was dead and he shut down intentionally, he couldn't be made to tell the truth about events he didn't see, like maybe them smuggling something out of her home (a bomb?) alongside her body. If the wall they decide to intern her in is right next to the Imperial HQ, a very large kaboom could follow.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
oragator
Really good episode.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, that's a good call. It was really weird that they went out of their way to not show us her body. Or rather, how they obfuscated it. To the point where my Spidey sense almost immediately went off. Either way, I can't wait to see what they're up to.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't the episode also start with a weird shaky shot through some glass? In retrospect that might indicate something was being done with her body or some other part of a possible plan.
MandoArms
Yea the first shot with B2 there was a glass resting on him and he started to shake.
IG: mando_arms
BoydCrowder13
Luthen is badass. Hope he has a good exit. I never really bought the rebellion winning in the OT. Just seemed like a couple hundred teenagers + Admiral Akbar fighting a galaxy wide totalitarian government and winning with about 20 ships. Rogue One and Andor have put forth some serious players that you could buy as leaders/organizers of an effective rebellion.
File5
AG
Man good catch y'all! The first shot has got to be a clue. I had an inexplicable feeling something strange was going on but couldn't put my finger on it... But it's gotta be something to do with some nefarious plot by the Ferrix folx.

I liked the Narkinians, they cracked me up.

The split up between him and the other prisoner was pretty portly written...the other guy said "we have to let everyone know what's happening" too many times. They didn't even say goodbye I don't think. And why didn't Cassian give him some money with the blaster??

Bix looks terrible. Am hoping she's playing the long con on these guys and leads them astray.

Mom waking up "wannabe ISB" was so classic. Love this whole trope living with his mom, hilarious every time. The blue milk and cereal in the other episodes is *chef's kiss

Was expecting the blonde rebel (terrible with names, apologies) to offer up the credits from the raid to Mon Mothma, probably be the next episode though.

Luthen with the tractor countermeasures was super slick...although the lasers on the side were a bit much. Oh, was the thing the guard grabbed from him a lightsaber? Also didn't see any defence from the cruiser, looked like he had defeated the TIE fighters and could have done someadamage to it to prevent them from escaping. Maybe they would have just jumped though.

MandoArms
The lasers on the side of his ship are actually already cannon from Attack of t he Clones. They had the on the troop transports, but their laser beam was green.
BowSowy
AG
File5 said:

The split up between him and the other prisoner was pretty portly written...the other guy said "we have to let everyone know what's happening" too many times. They didn't even say goodbye I don't think. And why didn't Cassian give him some money with the blaster??
It may have been a bit sloppy, but they did what I love about this show - side characters have just enough involvement to move the story along and then they go away when they are no longer useful to the story. I don't think it's weird that Cassian only gave him a blaster. A blaster was enough to keep him safe, he can go find his own way home. They got out, they are going on their own ways. Cassian would be dumb to let the guy know that he had a stash of money. Plus, Cassian just learned that his mother died.
MandoArms
And it is clear Cassian bought him so new clothes so I'm sure he gave him a little something to get by on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MandoArms said:

The lasers on the side of his ship are actually already cannon from Attack of t he Clones. They had the on the troop transports, but their laser beam was green.

Dro07
AG
I'm late to the party but man I don't know how they can produce such terrible stuff then come out with this gem. I was hesitant about this show because we know the end game but man it's really good.

I know I need to enjoy the show but I wish they would have done a better job on the other shows that have been just meh
Juan Solo
AG
Was that an altered Aztec calendar in Luthen's shop?
PatAg
AG
While it's possible there is more to her death/funeral, they did actually lay the backstory to have her just die off screen.
Her mind and body were clearly detoriating. She was already not well when Cassian left, then they had a scene where she had had a fall out in the city. We talked ourself into having some big scene where she bombs the hotel, or something like that, but they never actually gave us any real reason to believe that in the show.

We'll see, I would also not be surprised to see something happen.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I kind of think there's not some huge terrorist plot involving the old dame's funeral ceremony. Maybe a big showdown between Andor and the ISB, but nothing larger.
jeffk
AG
And yeah, Bix was almost unrecognizable. Still wanting to hear those kid screams?
Apache
AG
Quote:

I don't know how they can produce such terrible stuff then come out with this gem.

Yep. I threw a little hissy after the crap that was Obi-Wan & Boba Fett shows & said I was likely done with Star Wars. Watched the first 5 minutes of Andor and was almost as enthralled as I was when I saw "A New Hope" back in '77.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Juan Solo said:

Was that an altered Aztec calendar in Luthen's shop?
Not too different than the nameless dude sitting in a lawn chair bought at WalMart in the beach scene when Andor was arrested.
#FJB
Mathguy64
AG
Loved at the end, how they are back on the Mexican Riviera and it's completely empty. You are left with the impression that every tourist is working on Narkina.
OnlyForNow
AG
Definitely think B2 is involved in whatever is going on on Ferrix.

He has something that cannot get out to the empire, which is why no one wanted to leave him there alone.
ABATTBQ11
AG
God this episode ended early. I just wanted it to keep going.
redline248
AG
OnlyForNow said:

He has something that cannot get out to the empire, which is why no one wanted to leave him there alone.
Why wouldn't the empire have just confiscated him and done full diagnostics, or whatever, in the first place? If the droid ends up having some piece of crucial info or data or something...that would be a level of imperial incompetence we've not yet seen.
Hulla Baller
AG
redline248 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Why wouldn't the empire have just confiscated him and done full diagnostics, or whatever, in the first place? If the droid ends up having some piece of crucial info or data or something...that would be a level of imperial incompetence we've not yet seen.

He's not the droid they are looking for, obviously.
The Collective
AG
redline248 said:

OnlyForNow said:

As someone who listens to more True Crime podcasts than I'd care to admit, careless mistakes are not that abnormal.
OnlyForNow
AG
The empire wasn't doing anything with Marva at the time of her death or right after.

Why would they want to take her droid?
Apache
AG
Quote:

Why would they want to take her droid?
Scan memory banks for conversations involving Cassian?
OnlyForNow
AG
Good point, remind me, has the empire had any interaction with Marva since learning she is Cassin's "mother" that we've seen on screen?
Jim01
AG
I haven't read the thread, but just came to say that I finally started this show a couple weeks ago and am now all caught up.

Holy hell! THIS. THIS is what I've been asking for. A legitimately great show that just happens to be in the Stars Wars universe. Great writing, character development, dialog, acting, plot and then the bonus of being Star Wars. It's like they heard all my complaints and addressed them.

Cinematography - The other shows are too clean and digital and it often times make things look fake. SW should be cinematic and on film and Andor looks beautiful and cinematic.

Alien Overkill - The other shows felt the need to dump new species into the mix for absolutely no reason. The low point was Obi-Wan where they are running around a downtown area and there's like twenty new creatures and there was literally a crocodile man. Just ridiculous. Andor is remarkably human based and the few aliens they have introduced look good and serve a roll. They aren't just background scenery.

Dialog - The words make sense and sound like adults would actually speak them. Some legitimate great lines as well. "I haven't been sleeping." "I know, but I need you to wake up."

And when they do something they do it well. This last episode I was giddy at the space battle. When he sprayed those darts and shredded the satellite dish I fist pumped. And then the lasers out the side and roll? Come on!

Overall this is the high water mark for SW series by far to me. Can't wait for the finale and next season.
bilbobag
So are we to assume Marva died because she didn't take her meds and her health declined drastically to which she succumb? Also was her not taking her meds done purposely with a bigger plan in place?
ABATTBQ11
AG
redline248 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Maarva was bait and not being investigated. They were interested in Cassian and Luthen. No reason to take the droid.
redline248
AG
When the Imperials first got there, before Meero was involved, they weren't using her as bait. They would have taken the droid, imo.

Edit: I could be forgetting something about those early episodes
bobinator
AG
The Empire repeatedly, throughout Star Wars, doesn't respect the intelligence or skills of the sentient droids. No reason they would suddenly start now. It's also possible the droid doesn't know it's a crucial part of the plot.

I do sort of expect this season to have a dark ending in the sense that our rebels might do something that's questionable of whether it's over the line or not. Thematically that seems like how the season might end.
PatAg
AG
bobinator said:

The Empire repeatedly, throughout Star Wars, doesn't respect the intelligence or skills of the sentient droids. No reason they would suddenly start now. It's also possible the droid doesn't know it's a crucial part of the plot.

I do sort of expect this season to have a dark ending in the sense that our rebels might do something that's questionable of whether it's over the line or not. Thematically that seems like how the season might end.
I have a thought along this line, that they are going to do something at the funeral that results in the Empire just gunning a ton of people down on Ferrix (similar to how they handled the floor at the prison). So a major atrocity committed by the Empire on the public at large.

QUIT READING THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS, PEOPLE CANT HELP BUT BE AHOLES
The Porkchop Express
There are a lot of dark days ahead on Andor given what we know from Rogue One and Rebels.

We know at some point, Saw Gerrera goes so dark that the other Rebels label him an extremist and stop working with him. That's an interesting twist seeing that in the last episode, it is Saw who is stunned that Luthen is going to sacrifice Kreegyr's people to keep the ISB in the dark.

In the novel Leia, Princess of Alderaan, Saw's forces assassinate Moff Panaka (Padme's old captain of the guard on Naboo) and that is a real breaking point for a lot of the Rebellion, as they had hoped his allegiance to Padme might sway him into the Rebellion. If they stayed true to that branch of the canon, would be a cool call back to get Hugh Quarshie back in the fray. Pretty sure they fired him after The Phantom Menace because he demanded a bigger part and a raise.

A different tangent - when Luthen meets Saw, it's probably only a few months after Saw has cut Jyn Erso loose from his army. So Saw is already getting paranoid about working with others before we even meet him again in Andor.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

The very first 20 minutes or so of Star Wars is the empire trying to find a droid because they think important info is hidden in it. It has nothing to do with any respect for the droids, but what the droids might have in the memory banks, or whatever.

Again, I may be forgetting something about the early episodes once the imperials came to Ferix.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.