*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

203,401 Views | 1987 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABATTBQ11
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MandoArms said:

I don't think the Death Star was built near Scarif.
Pretty sure it was Geonosis, but it may have moved to Scarif later in construction (around Rogue One).
FtWorthHorn
MandoArms said:

Wookiepedia informs me that it was moved from Geonosis to Scarif 4 years before the events of Andor.

I think I just regrew my virginity.
MandoArms
FtWorthHorn said:

MandoArms said:

Wookiepedia informs me that it was moved from Geonosis to Scarif 4 years before the events of Andor.

I think I just regrew my virginity.

I stand corrected.
IG: mando_arms
The Porkchop Express
AG
Loved seeing the quad jumper, but I missed the reason that the two aliens let them go and gave them a ride. Seemed like they were blaming them for everything and then let them go, were they just effing with them?

Big-time shoutout to author Timothy Zahn in this episode - the net trap that they get caught in is straight out of his invention of something called a Connor Net that is present in the Thrawn books.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Conner_net

Why is the waif being so risky in her movements? seems like now that she got the Aldhani job done she thinks she's queen bee and is just wandering around Coruscant attracting attention.

Really like how valued and cared for the people of Ferrix make Bee. Like a member of the family.

Initially surprised there was no blaze of glory for Aunt Petunia but that's very much in the style of Rogue One. People die inglorious deaths and that's all there is.

A shame the trailer ruined the surprise of Luthen's secret weapon. But the Imperial smugness to stupidity was on point and I loved that ship of theirs. Not sure why you'd send a TIE Bomber out to attack a ship though.

Props to Henry Thomas for stealing from his mother. Thought she might catch him and he'd kill her, but not quite there yet. Can't wait to see him and Linus back together making bad decisions.

Skarsgaard and Whitaker remains maybe the best acting combo in Star Wars history.

What was going on with the Chandrilan youth chant? Safe inside the braid?

The alien sleeping in the hotel room looked to be the same species as the one sharing a cell with Jyn at the beginning of Rogue One.

The last shot of Cassian looking out at the water was nearly identical to his last scene in Rogue One when the Death Star fires on Scarif and he and Jyn are out there together.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Man the scenes where Brasso was consoling Bee were actually really well done. Enjoy that they can make you love and empathize with droids.

Luthen's escape was badass.

Gotta think Cassian had a "WTF" moment seeing his old slam piece lying post coital with a crawdad.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That coded conversation between Luthen and the assistant. Man I love this espionage *****
bobinator
AG
Man this show is good. Everything is so tense. Everything is hanging by a thread.

This would be wild, but I'm wondering if she planned some kind of bombing before her death, possibly involving the droid.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Loved seeing the quad jumper, but I missed the reason that the two aliens let them go and gave them a ride. Seemed like they were blaming them for everything and then let them go, were they just effing with them?

This part threw me a bit too, I had to run it back. From what I gathered they're just fishing and unhappy with the Empire/prison for ruining the water and killing the fish, and figured they were being honest about not being Imperials.

Not sure why they had that trap set up though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
cbr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Please explain this logic fail.
After a decent night's sleep, the fail was me….i havent seen succession yet. Lol. For whatever reason i was thinking of severance. Another widely acclaimed show that i enjoyed but didnt really think was as good as some say.

So sounds like i have a new show to watch.

The Porkchop Express
AG
Also, I hope Anton Kreegyr doesn't try to escape on foot when the trap gets sprung, because Jabba the Hutt could beat that guy in the 100.
LB12Diamond
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Man the scenes where Brasso was consoling Bee were actually really well done. Love that they can make you love and empathize with droids.

Luthen's escape was badass.

Gotta think Cassian had a "WTF" moment seeing his old slam piece lying post coital with a crawdad.

One of my fav parts as well with Bee!
DTP02
AG
Good episode but a little choppy. Was definitely surprised they killed Marva offscreen; thought for sure she was going to go via suicide attack on Imperial HQ.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Why is the waif being so risky in her movements? seems like now that she got the Aldhani job done she thinks she's queen bee and is just wandering around Coruscant attracting attention.

Outside of Cassian's mother dying off screen, this was the thing that stood out to me the most. It was weird that Vel was back on Coruscant, considering the last time we saw her she and Mon had a poignant goodbye, Mon told her to go play the part of a spoiled brat, Vel said she was going to visit their home planet for a bit, etc, and it felt like we were then going to follow Vel on her further adventures, sneaking around or meeting up with Cinta again or whatever. But then all the sudden she's still/back on Coruscant this episode and I was just like wait, what? I guess maybe that 30-day jump in time we got in the prison was between Vel's last two Coruscant appearances? I can't remember exactly, all I know is that it felt a bit off. That, and much as I love the look of this show, the production design, set pieces, etc, Mon's penthouse *is* getting a little redundant.
bearamedic99
AG
Does Luthen's assistant have a name?

I too, am curious about whatever the teen girls were chanting about a braid.

Last, am I the only one who didn't like the starship lightsabers? Hey, I shot the first two with little difficulty but why not try flying between the last two so I can count coup.

I'm glad nobody blasted Tubes after he was fingered.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Would be interesting if isb identified that weapon as being powered by kyber and palps or Vader took an interest. Everyone headed to ferrix at one time seems like a powder keg.
TCTTS
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Last, am I the only one who didn't like the starship lightsabers? Hey, I shot the first two with little difficulty but why not try flying between the last two so I can count coup.

From all the various discussion, Mon and Vel's home planet sounds kind of weird/uber-old-school-traditional with arranged marriages and what not. I can't remember the exact wording, but Vel made some comment to Mon this episode, re: the chanting, that made it sound like it was another tradition from their home planet that neither of them obviously approved of. It's almost like they were raised, say, Catholic, finally left the church/their home town for the big city, but then suddenly Mon's daughter starts organizing a Catholic youth group or whatever.
TCTTS
AG

Would be interesting if isb identified that weapon as being powered by kyber and palps or Vader took an interest. Everyone headed to ferrix at one time seems like a powder keg.

That would be awesome.
redline248
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Yeah, the ship was one of those "won't this look cool?" moments.

Tube guy wasn't actually working as a spy, Luthen just calculated that he could him close enough to take the gun.

As for Vel, I guess she thought the info about Marve's death was important enough to go back and talk to Luthen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, and add me to the list that thinks killing the mother offscreen felt pretty weird.

I feel like we got too much build-up of her character for her to go out like that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Then again, I'm still disappointed we never got closure on everyone in the prison.

I guess they want us as the audience to be in Andor's headspace of never knowing and always wondering.
redline248
AG
Another way to look at it is they clearly showed her deteriorating health. She basically told Andor she was too old to run away, and turns out she was too old/sick to even fight anymore.
MandoArms
I'm hoping B2 has a recorded message for Cassian of Marva saying good bye.
IG: mando_arms
tk for tu juan
With her dying off screen, makes me wonder if we will find out in the next episode that Cinta and the dude somehow aided in her death to draw Andor back to the city
FancyKetchup14
AG
when they mentioned how the dead's ashes become mixed into brick I can't help but think that's going to be of importance in next week's episode.
TCTTS
AG
Good call. There's definitely something else going on; some little ploy against the local Empire that Cassian's friends are up to, centered around the funeral/ashes. Instead of going out in a blaze of glory, I'm betting Cassian's mother concocted some kind of plan in the event of her death, using her funeral as cover, that Cassian's friends/neighbors are now enacting.
redline248
AG
And it's gonna be pretty funny when the funeral is used as some sort of attack. Normally, the imperials would have said "nope, just get on with your life," but Meero stepped in with the intention to catch Andor. She will inadvertently be the reason some sh-t goes down...

Which, in a fun twist of fate, brings her right down to the ground with Syril.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly.
Average Joe
AG
I think Vel still being in the city and being so careless plays right into her character. We found out during the heist that she is still very green and doesn't think of everything. She may have potential, but still has a long ways to go.

She also seems very eager to be involved as much as possible. Dangerous combo with the state of everything on the city planet.
The Porkchop Express
AG
RUMOR

a post-credits scene after Episode 12 will show what the prisoners on Narkina were building for the Empire
Ol_Ag_02
AG

RUMOR

a post-credits scene after Episode 12 will show what the prisoners on Narkina were building for the Empire

Don't want to spoil anything. Sorry.
bobinator
AG
Yes, there's too much there. There's also been a lot of screen time dedicated to her droid which is why I think it could be involved
Ol_Ag_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Good call. There's definitely something else going on; some little ploy against the local Empire that Cassian's friends are up to, centered around the funeral/ashes. Instead of going out in a blaze of glory, I'm betting Cassian's mother concocted some kind of plan in the event of her death, using her funeral as cover, that Cassian's friends/neighbors are now enacting.

I thought the whole thing about ashes and becoming literal bricks on planet Ferrix was a cool piece of culture/ world building.

Maybe it plays part of the story going forward but either way just a small piece of writing that is evidence 1000 of why this show is so good.
bobinator
AG
Yeah the brick thing seemed extremely intentional also.

Mathguy64
AG
Luther's ship may have moved to the top of the list of most badass lethal ships in SW.
AgfromHOU
AG
Lol just finished the episode and came to read the thread. When I got to the bottom I got a custom lightsaber ad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.