*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,393 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tarkin is the template
The Porkchop Express
The most intimidating member of the Empire is General Veers (Donovan / Grand Maester Pycelle) who decides, I'm going to stand 3 inches behind Darth Vader so that when he turns around, I'm all up in that grill of his.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
jbryan10
AG
LB12Diamond said:

What's that?
I assume some sort of code breaking droid. In addition to the Com Net she requested, likely used to decode the message Bix sent, resulting in them coming down hard on Paak.

But your original message made me suddenly think we were going to see HK-47 show up to deal with all these meatbags, so I had to go back and listen to it 3 times before finally just turning on CC. I never did hear "kill" but I could not tell what he was saying.
twilly
AG
My guess is we'll never know for sure where these parts from the prison are going. Goes to show how insignificant the prisoner/workers are. Could be parts for a restroom/refresher facility on Wobani for all we know. There could be hints that these parts are for the Death Star, but Cassian and the gang will never know that because the Alliance never knew about the existence of the Death Star until Galen/Jyn Erso spilled the beans in R1.
PatAg
AG
twilly said:

My guess is we'll never know for sure where these parts from the prison are going. Goes to show how insignificant the prisoner/workers are. Could be parts for a restroom/refresher facility on Wobani for all we know. There could be hints that these parts are for the Death Star, but Cassian and the gang will never know that because the Alliance never knew about the existence of the Death Star until Galen/Jyn Erso spilled the beans in R1.
What if they are assembling the parts, then they just get disassembled by another floor, and its cycle of futility.
bobinator
AG
I actually wonder if our ISB lady is going to stumble into discovering the Death Star. It's supposed to be a big secret even within the empire right? She's starting to look into the flow of materials and such.
AliasMan02
AG
PatAg said:

twilly said:

What if they are assembling the parts, then they just get disassembled by another floor, and its cycle of futility.

That's my guess, if it's not Death Star parts, and if we ever even know. Kind of a River Kwai situation where the workers get all caught up in being the best and lose sight of the whole thing.
bobinator
AG
I don't think assembling and disassembling would make sense. The empire needs material. I like the idea that part of the crackdown is to get more slave labor to build stuff. One of the interesting things has always been how did the empire have so much new and fancy equipment, they're showing us how.
Mathguy64
AG
If they arent just random widgets, I like them as the end cross braces on the wings of a TIE fighter. They need a lot of them because they lose a lot of them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator said:

I actually wonder if our ISB lady is going to stumble into discovering the Death Star. It's supposed to be a big secret even within the empire right? She's starting to look into the flow of materials and such.

I'm still convinced she's going to flip at some point.
dave94
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

bobinator said:

I hope not. She seems very invested in the Imperial way.
twilly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

bobinator said:

I'm thinking she screws up something, or learns some info she shouldn't know about and the Empire throws her ass into a prison making Sprockets like Cassian is doing now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Prosperdick said:

bobinator said:

PatAg said:

big Escape From Alcatraz vibes for me, which is an all-time great movie

For me the future for Cassian is 3 options
-external rescue via Luthen in some way
-internal escape
-serves all 5 years without dying or having time extended (not sure how that works with timeline)
-is found by the imperials in some way. However if this happens, it would have to then result in him being sprung from said imperials I would imagine

No offense, but like... yeah. We know he can't die so "break out, someone breaks him out, serves his full sentence, is pulled out by the imps" are literally the only options right?

Except we know he doesn't stay his full sentence, it doesn't work with the timeline.

If I had to guess, there's going to be some kind of uprising (we saw the guys signing to each other) that Andor isn't connected to but he's going to take advantage of it to escape.

I just had a morbid thought but one way to escape would be for half the prisoners to basically give up their lives and hit the floor and allow the other half to walk on their dead bodies although I'm not sure if that would protect them or not or if the prison uniform of the dead would keep the current from transmitting.

All I know is that prison system is one of the worst I've ever seen dreamed up...no wonder Cassian loathes the Empire (assuming he only resented them before).

We know that Andor is very observant from how he scopes out everyone on the heist in one night. So I think he's been planning the escape from day one.

The only authority that directly interacts with them every day is their own cellblock leader, who is another prisoner. Everything else is automated, and the only imperials are seen when a new guy comes in.

So I think there will be a mass breakout happening, and a plan is likely to start coming together next episode. And then breakout to complete the three episode arc.
The Porkchop Express
I can see Andor getting some sort of slight promotion to where he has access to something that makes it possible to plot an escape.

I can also see them jumping forward to where Andy Snokesis has like 15 days left on his sentence and suddenly it goes back up to 999 out of nowhere and he decides to stage a riot or something similar because he realizes it's all for nothing.

I really don't anyone to turn. I would like to see Henry Thomas become somewhat of a grey figure, an instigator who starts broadcasting the Empire's shortcomings and failures; sort of like if they won't let me help, I'll show everyone how weak and soft they really are. he's too much into law and order to be a Rebel though.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
StinkyPinky
AG
Mathguy64 said:

If they arent just random widgets, I like them as the end cross braces on the wings of a TIE fighter. They need a lot of them because they lose a lot of them.

My guess is Death Star as well based on the sense of urgency to produce so quickly.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, they just did the main bad chick turns good plot line a bit ago.
redline248
AG
Man, I had forgotten about that. How terrible.

Meero is an excellent Imperial and I hope she stays that way.
bobinator
AG
What if she uncovers the stuff being moved around for the Death Star but thinks it's the rebels. That could be an interesting internal-imperial plot.
gougler08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Prosperdick said:

bobinator said:

PatAg said:

big Escape From Alcatraz vibes for me, which is an all-time great movie

For me the future for Cassian is 3 options
-external rescue via Luthen in some way
-internal escape
-serves all 5 years without dying or having time extended (not sure how that works with timeline)
-is found by the imperials in some way. However if this happens, it would have to then result in him being sprung from said imperials I would imagine

No offense, but like... yeah. We know he can't die so "break out, someone breaks him out, serves his full sentence, is pulled out by the imps" are literally the only options right?

Except we know he doesn't stay his full sentence, it doesn't work with the timeline.

If I had to guess, there's going to be some kind of uprising (we saw the guys signing to each other) that Andor isn't connected to but he's going to take advantage of it to escape.

I just had a morbid thought but one way to escape would be for half the prisoners to basically give up their lives and hit the floor and allow the other half to walk on their dead bodies although I'm not sure if that would protect them or not or if the prison uniform of the dead would keep the current from transmitting.

All I know is that prison system is one of the worst I've ever seen dreamed up...no wonder Cassian loathes the Empire (assuming he only resented them before).

We know that Andor is very observant from how he scopes out everyone on the heist in one night. So I think he's been planning the escape from day one.

The only authority that directly interacts with them every day is their own cellblock leader, who is another prisoner. Everything else is automated, and the only imperials are seen when a new guy comes in.

So I think there will be a mass breakout happening, and a plan is likely to start coming together next episode. And then breakout to complete the three episode arc.

Yeah feels like a plan will be hatched early on in episode 9 and whatever happens will be last 15 min if the episode to escape and leave the last 3 episodes for a finale arc of some sort
bobinator
AG
I lean toward thinking it's going to be one last time where it's not his idea or plan, he thinks it's suicide or maybe isn't aware of it at all because they don't trust him, but at a critical moment where it could go either way he helps them pull it off and leaves with them and officially joins the rebellion.
gougler08
AG
I could get on board with that
jokershady
AG
This show y'all!!!!! So dang good!!!!

I still have to watch episode 8 so im just at the part where Cassian has been arrested. Man the way they portray the empire is incredible…..the first scene of them discussing their reactions to the Aldhani robbery was a great start.

Best scene of this episode though (and perhaps the whole show) just involving dialogue was the scene between Cassian and his mom. So much came to light in that scene with the biggest one showing how his dad died and was hung…..and im curious if they are going to show the actual fight they quickly gave us a glimpse of between Cassian and the 4 storm troopers in the snow.

Also there was this great line between Luethen and Mothma….might not get it right but went something like, "If you're not willing to sacrifice your conscience, then you might as well quit now."

How is this the same studio that also gave us, "somehow palpatine returned"…..wow

Man this show is amazing!!!
BowSowy
AG
bobinator said:

I lean toward thinking it's going to be one last time where it's not his idea or plan, he thinks it's suicide or maybe isn't aware of it at all because they don't trust him, but at a critical moment where it could go either way he helps them pull it off and leaves with them and officially joins the rebellion.
I agree, it still doesn't seem like he's fully bought into the rebellion idea. I still think there's going to be something happen to Bix, his mom, or his long lost sister that will be the final catalyst to get him to join the rebellion.
ABATTBQ11
AG
dave94 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

bobinator said:

I hope not. She seems very invested in the Imperial way.

It'll be Karn. I think he flips when he sees the oppression that his idea of order brings.

I also think Blevin is helping the rebels in some form or fashion. Explains the report and his desire to keep everything siloed.
ABATTBQ11
AG
"Somehow Palpatine returned," might be the most well delivered line in all of cinema just because it was done with a straight face.
Ornithopter
AG
bobinator said:

What if she uncovers the stuff being moved around for the Death Star but thinks it's the rebels. That could be an interesting internal-imperial plot.

I would really like this, but I don't think it's going to happen. I think it's going to be her chasing after Luthen.

I could even see them releasing Andor in the hopes of following him to Luthen.
Red Five
AG
My hope is that Meero following the trail of missing material leads her to uncover the Death Star project and then she is covertly arrested and brought in for questioning by Armand Isard who has her executed to keep the secret. No turning to the Rebels, or any other grand end to her story. Just an ambitious ISB supervisor who uncovers the wrong information by accident and is subsequently erased because thats the Empire.
The Porkchop Express
What if she pulls Andor out of prison and offers to let him go if he rolls on "Axis"?

Would go pretty dark, but I could totally see this version of him doing so. But maybe the guilt of doing so leads him to eventually join the Rebellion hardcore.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Kraken
AG
bobinator said:

I don't think assembling and disassembling would make sense. The empire needs material. I like the idea that part of the crackdown is to get more slave labor to build stuff. One of the interesting things has always been how did the empire have so much new and fancy equipment, they're showing us how.
What seems slightly amiss to me is that the work they are doing seems to be something that could easily be done much easier and faster using robots....seems out of place for a universe with so many droids.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
bobinator
AG
Whoa, everyone on earth has agreed to never think too much about how the droids are used, and not used, in Star Wars. It's like gravity on the spaceships, time on the planets, and general intragalactic communication. Don't worry about it.
The Porkchop Express
New World Ag said:

bobinator said:

What seems slightly amiss to me is that the work they are doing seems to be something that could easily be done much easier and faster using robots....seems out of place for a universe with so many droids.
Yeah, but that's if you're comparing actual sentient workers to droids. These are just prisoners. All the Empire has to do is give them 1 ****ty uniform, some food sludge, and a place to eat and ***** They aren't paying them a salary, they don't have health insurance, and if they die or are sick or can't work, they just toss them on the trash heap and pull in the next guy who ran afoul of the Empire. They've had to buy or build the droids and spend credits to keep them maintained and so forth. The prisoners are in inexhaustible supply and are very low maintenance.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Red Five
AG
Also, its a work detail. The product of the labor is only part of the equation. You have to do something with prisoners, and prisoners who labor tirelessly for 12 hours a day are probably less prone to cause problems than ones who sit idle.
gougler08
AG
Especially when they can just arrest whoever they want
TCTTS
AG
I could have swore a secondary ISB character with only line or two early in the season offhandedly mentioned something about shipments going to Scarif (the final Death Star plans planet in Rogue One). If so, I wonder if that was just a fun little nod to Rogue One, or if it's something Meero ends up tracking in some way.
TCTTS
AG
Found it...
Quote:

During the Imperial officers' meeting in Andor Episode 4, one of the security issues that must be addressed is added security resources needed in the Abrion sector of the Outer Rim Territories. Major Partagaz (Anton Lesser) demands to know the reasoning for the increased security focus, and an officer explains that they are "proactive measures" for "an increase in construction shipments going to Scarif..."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.