*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,561 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maca1028
Mathguy64 said:

Wrong thread?
Mathguy64
AG
Yep
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Ep 7 was some of the best written Star Wars I can recall. Just about everything is perfect. But I do have a couple of nitpicks. One, while Cassian was "running" along that beach, I saw someone sitting in a freaking 70s style lawn chair. Another thing I've noted, specifically when the two females met on the concourse somewhere on Coruscant, they sure looked like they had just left their jobs as legal secretaries with those heels they were wearing. I don't recall such footwear on any other Star Wars characters, but possibly because there weren't such wide shots where feet were so clearly visible (thinking of Amidala here in Coruscant scenes).
#FJB
CondensedFogAggie
Wonder who Andors sister will turn out to be.

Would be poetic if they were on opposite sides. One raised by a rebel sympathizer, the other the opposite.

"I AM your sister!"
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Watch them give us an amazing season of tv, some of the best Star Wars content we've ever seen. and then end it by revealing Andor's sister is Palpatine's concubine and Ray's mother just to piss us off.
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
Seeing as Jodie Comer is white and blonde, more than just Star Wars fans would be up in arms if that turns out to be the case.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want to get the backstory on Space Mexico. Where were all the adults?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Kenari? Probably all dead in the mine **** up
schmidthead
Still Ramsay to mine own eyes.
redline248
AG
Possibilities for the sister:

Cinta
Luthen's assistant
Yet to be introduced

I feel like I'm forgetting a character
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luthen's white assistant?
double aught
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Ep 7 was some of the best written Star Wars I can recall. Just about everything is perfect. But I do have a couple of nitpicks. One, while Cassian was "running" along that beach, I saw someone sitting in a freaking 70s style lawn chair.
I noticed that chair too. Took me out of it for a second.
The Porkchop Express
double aught said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Ep 7 was some of the best written Star Wars I can recall. Just about everything is perfect. But I do have a couple of nitpicks. One, while Cassian was "running" along that beach, I saw someone sitting in a freaking 70s style lawn chair.
I noticed that chair too. Took me out of it for a second.
One of my favorite parts of Independence Day is when they realize the Mother Ship is heading for Area 51, they sound this alarm to get everyone inside, and there's someone grabbing their lawn chairs as they evacuate. Like, nope, I'm not going to be uncomfortable as these aliens incinerate us!
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
PatAg
AG
schmidthead said:

Still Ramsay to mine own eyes.
He does have some Ramsey when his eyes get wild. That actor is just a tiny person and has flatter hair
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

Possibilities for the sister:

Cinta
Luthen's assistant

Yet to be introduced

I feel like I'm forgetting a character
I don't see any way either of those characters make any sense, both in story line and the fact that they arent even passable as being Diego Luna's sister.
MandoArms
I think it might be Dedra Meero. My theory is:

She was taken in as an orphan off on Kenari adopted by Imperial loyalist and raised to love the Empire. Since the Empire gave her everything she becomes it's most loyal protector.
IG: mando_arms
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My God guys. It's not going to be a white woman.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Luthen's white assistant?
eh. she has dark hair. We don't know if all of them learn to speak with heavy hispanic accents when they learn English - er, basic.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My God guys. It's not going to be a white woman.
Or indian
TCTTS
AG
Please don't turn this incredibly well written show into some cheap, dumb guessing game about which current characters might be his sister. Especially when not a single one of them are the same race as Diego Luna or the actress who already played his sister. Gilroy isn't going to do something that bad. I *do* believe his sister is still alive, and that we'll meet her, but she's not a current cast member.
jeffk
AG
We need a Wild Ass Character Speculation Thread where people guess who Sauron, Cassian's dead sister, and Mephisto really are.
imjustsayin
AG
This show has been terrific. It has had excellent pacing, and writing. I've followed each episode with great interest and I can't wait for more.
The Porkchop Express
jeffk said:

We need a Wild Ass Character Speculation Thread where people guess who Sauron, Cassian's dead sister, and Mephisto really are.
The black commander from the garrison is Lando's long lost brother, and by proxy, Finn's uncle.

The Indian chick is Rose's grandmother, cuz all Asians look alike.

Henry Thomas is one of Palpatine's clones who didn't work out.

Henry Thomas's mother is Jocasta Nu in hiding.

Uncle Harlo is the grandfather of Vice-Admiral Holdo

It all makes sense if you just think about it.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Apache
AG
*a separate thread
schmidthead
PatAg
AG
Some weirdo is going to use that Rose/Cinta facetious comment against you in the coming weeks, good luck
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Please don't turn this incredibly well written show into some cheap, dumb guessing game about which current characters might be his sister. Especially when not a single one of them are the same race as Diego Luna or the actress who already played his sister. Gilroy isn't going to do something that bad. I *do* believe his sister is still alive, and that we'll meet her, but she's not a current cast member.
Yeah, so y'all probably won't believe it cuz it's such a dumb thing in hindsight, but when I made that post up there about the possible sister I completely overlooked the actors' races.

oops
PatAg
AG
It's Texags, posters are assumed stupid until proven otherwise.
redline248
AG
In this case I think I proved that I am, in fact, stupid.
chase128
AG
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2022/10/andor-first-audience-demand-numbers.html

There were some initial reports that viewership was low, but it seems those were wrong. It's doing well supposedly.

This show deserves a lot of viewers
The Porkchop Express
PatAg said:

Some weirdo is going to use that Rose/Cinta facetious comment against you in the coming weeks, good luck

Pretty sure I've already seen the worst texags can do.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
PatAg
AG
chase128 said:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2022/10/andor-first-audience-demand-numbers.html

There were some initial reports that viewership was low, but it seems those were wrong. It's doing well supposedly.

This show deserves a lot of viewers
Andor is also coming on the heels of two subpar Star Wars series
TCTTS
AG
And "up against" both House of the Dragon and Rings of Power.
bobinator
AG
Finally was able to watch. That Mon Mothma scene at the party was just amazing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.