*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,676 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry
jbanda
AG
Thoughts through 7. 1-2 were a slow build. 3-7 were brilliant, especially 6-7.

Ferrix - space Brownsville
Kenari - space Mexico
Aldhani - space Tibet?
Niamos - space Israel (trust me).

So maybe the ISB is where they stick the ladder climbers, like director krennick.

KX!

6 years for looking at a cop wrong. Ain't that a b*tch.
Apache
AG
Quote:

I'm starting to get sad that we have Rogue One already, because watching it after this series would be one hell of a cap on this story.

Amen
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love this show. It's Star Wars for adults.

One thing I've really enjoyed is how real they've managed to make Coruscant feel. They're clearly filming on real locations and it makes such a huge difference. Loved the Mon Mothma conversation.

Cool detail that Clem was his dad's name.

So do y'all think Luthen actually gave the order to kill Andor? It felt like it was the woman's call to me, maybe even going rogue. Why would he give him the kyber crystal otherwise if he really was expendable?

K-2SO appearance at the end or just an Easter egg?

Still trying to figure out where Henry Thomas will land in all this.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Love this show. It's Star Wars for adults.

One thing I've really enjoyed is how real they've managed to make Coruscant feel. They're clearly filming on real locations and it makes such a huge difference. Loved the Mon Mothma conversation.

Cool detail that Clem was his dad's name.

So do y'all think Luthen actually gave the order to kill Andor? It felt like it was the woman's call to me, maybe even going rogue. Why would he give him the kyber crystal otherwise if he really was expendable?

K-2SO appearance at the end or just an Easter egg?

Still trying to figure out where Henry Thomas will land in all this.

I'm with you, I don't think there is any chance he ordered Andor killed. He wants him to join up
TCTTS
AG
Aggie_Journalist
AG
This show is so friggin good. Best live action Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back? Could be. The writing just sizzles.
Thanks and gig'em
LB12Diamond
AG
I think he is trying to tie up lose ends. He gave him the crystal to earn his trust to help complete the job. Maybe even to have him return it to gage him and decide at that time what to do with him. But since he just left all together, better to get rid of a possible out if he were to get caught and tortured.
The Porkchop Express
unless the Waif has some mad combat skills that we don't know about, cassian seems like a way better fighter than her and Stellen Skaarsgard knows it. Maybe The Waif is really the loose end, because she's so committed to Cinta and can't separate personal from professional.

As it stands now, we assume she's going to bust Cassian out of prison or try to get in to kill him, but it seems like maybe he's supposed to kill her instead and they're sending her to her grave.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
chase128
AG
Ep7 was great. I really enjoyed that scene with Cass and his "mom".
They've done such a good job with the characters in this show.

How Cass got arrested really helped show how tyrannical the Empire is. That was fantastic to see.
Apache
AG
Andor, flush with cash heads to Niamos (Space Boystown) and spends his money on the Star Wars equivalent of hookers and cocaine. He gets the munchies and heads to the Quickie Mart, gets hauled in by the Po-Po and sentenced to 6 years on a trumped up charge.

This is definitely not the Star Wars we grew up with!!
LB12Diamond
AG
Well, he was running and sweating!
jkag89
Spoilers
LB12Diamond
AG
Yes

The scenes with his mom were great. Such great writing.

I will worry

Yes, that's what you do when you love someone.
Malachi Constant
AG
Apache said:

Andor, flush with cash heads to Niamos (Space Boystown) and spends his money on the Star Wars equivalent of hookers and cocaine. He gets the munchies and heads to the Quickie Mart, gets hauled in by the Po-Po and sentenced to 6 years on a trumped up charge.

This is definitely not the Star Wars we grew up with!!

Cassian needs a lesson in "be cool" when the cops are around...
AggieOO
LB12Diamond said:

Well, he was running and sweating!
he should have responded, "I was watching cops"
double aught
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Yes

The scenes with him mom were great. Such great writing.

I will worry

Yes, that's what you do when you love someone.

That scene was so great, especially that exchange. "That's just love. Nothing you can do about that" is actually what she said. So good.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I think the juxtaposition of his dad being caught trying to stop provocation and unjustly hung next to a himself getting unjustly caught up later on was a nice touch…

Just continues to show the brutality of the empire along with showing that he can't escape the rebellion.
TCTTS
AG
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Theory:

ISB lady (Meero) will spot inspector man (Karn) in her files while researching Ferrix and intuit that Karn will want to get Cassian because Cassian ruined his career. She'll pluck him from obscurity and send him after Cassian by dangling revenge and a chance to join the ISB if he succeeds (and we've seen he's desperate to find meaning and rise to a more important role, so he'll be highly motivated). She won't actually expect Karn to catch Andor, though. She'll just be using him so Cassian is so focused on Karn's clumsy pursuit that he doesn't see Meero coming from the shadows.

At a pivotal moment when Andor seems caught, Meero will jettison Karn and he'll realize he was just an expendable cog the whole time after all. In a final moment of "f you" to the empire, Karn will sacrifice himself so Andor can escape and the rebellion can live, finally giving much sought meaning to his meaningless life.
Thanks and gig'em
Apache
AG
Just realized I didn't see a single person in the water at Niamos in those stills.
Everyone must have just eaten & are waiting 30 minutes before swimming.

jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

Some see Blade Runner. I see 1970s TAMU campus architecture.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. Felt very Blocker.
maca1028
nm
Cannew
AG
The score is very Bladerunner meets Stranger Things...I love it!
double aught
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Theory:

ISB lady (Meero) will spot inspector man (Karn) in her files while researching Ferrix and intuit that Karn will want to get Cassian because Cassian ruined his career. She'll pluck him from obscurity and send him after Cassian by dangling revenge and a chance to join the ISB if he succeeds (and we've seen he's desperate to find meaning and rise to a more important role, so he'll be highly motivated). She won't actually expect Karn to catch Andor, though. She'll just be using him so Cassian is so focused on Karn's clumsy pursuit that he doesn't see Meero coming from the shadows.

At a pivotal moment when Andor seems caught, Meero will jettison Karn and he'll realize he was just an expendable cog the whole time after all. In a final moment of "f you" to the empire, Karn will sacrifice himself so Andor can escape and the rebellion can live, finally giving much sought meaning to his meaningless life.
He is so beaten down by his mother. I find it hilarious.
ABATTBQ11
AG
jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

Some see Blade Runner. I see 1970s TAMU campus architecture.

I see Soviet bloc architecture. Fitting for the empire.
The Porkchop Express
Apache said:

Just realized I didn't see a single person in the water at Niamos in those stills.
Everyone must have just eaten & are waiting 30 minutes before swimming.

They've been having trouble with Firaxxan shark attacks there this summer. Chief wants to close the beach, but the Mayor's not having it on Boonta Eve weekend.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
CondensedFogAggie
Aggie_Journalist said:

Theory:

I think somehow Karn's mom will be involved in the Rebellion and he may have to choose to imprison her. I feel like they invested too much into this guy such that he'll somehow survive and join the rebels.

But then again this is the Rogue One folks, so maybe he'll be thrown into a random sun.
schmidthead
I don't know why you guys keep calling that one dude Henry Thomas… he's a spitting image of Ramsay Bolton to me.
PatAg
AG
schmidthead said:

I don't know why you guys keep calling that one dude Henry Thomas… he's a spitting image of Ramsay Bolton to me.
TCTTS
AG

PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Thats what I always see, lol
jeffk
AG
MCGRUBER
gctxag
AG
PatAg said:

schmidthead said:

I thought he was the twin brother of Ginny Weasley

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.