*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,702 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lost me after Diego Garcia
twilly
AG
Good episode. Again, ending the episode with me wanting more so I don't have to wait for next week.

One big problem/question....
From how the Empire behaves in other movies and shows, an attack on an Imperial outpost seems like something that would be covered up instead of being broadcast across the Holonet.

Unless....the broadcast is a excuse for a crackdown so the Empire can push their tyranny even further.
boogieman
AG
Man. That was a fun episode!
jokershady
AG
I really hope I don't have to wait till Friday…..just saw this sucker is getting a 9.3 on IMDB….

Dang kids with their school and gymnastics and dinner and homework and bedtime!

LB12Diamond
AG
Solid episode. How everything played out made sense. It's always the dishonest ones that don't trust anyone.
OnlyForNow
AG
Watch it at work.
MandoArms
That was the most intense TV episode I've ever watched. I was standing and pacing around the living room or on the edge of my seat for most of it. Half way through the season and I can't wait to see where this goes.
IG: mando_arms
redline248
AG
jokershady said:

I really hope I don't have to wait till Friday…..just saw this sucker is getting a 9.3 on IMDB….

Dang kids with their school and gymnastics and dinner and homework and bedtime!

Just watch it twice...once now, and then again with them
redline248
AG
AgLaw02 said:

TCTTS said:

Pretty sure I disagree with every single one of your critiques. Quite strongly, in fact.
Agreed. It's like I 100% disagree with every word.

Did the reference to the Obiwan hangover mean Kenobi is the gold standard Andor is being compared to? If so… I just really disagree with all of it.
I think he was saying that he was so disappointed in Obi-Wan that he is struggling to care about this one.
jokershady
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Watch it at work.

K I'm playing with fire now bye
The Porkchop Express
Really strong episode. Really liked the editing of the raid with the ceremony outside and the air base response. Pretty sure that the flight pattern that the kid set up had nothing to do with escaping and everything to do with flying the TIEs into conditions that were going to shred their ships apart.

Top moments off the top of my head -

1) The Indian chick's facial expression when she killed the engineer in the standoff. She was very much wanting to murder an Imp.

2) The very telling scene in the Senate. Watching A New Hope a million times, you always wonder how the Emperor can just shut down the Senate like that, and now you see it - they don't even care about making change and helping people. They don't even show up for their own sessions, and if they do, they don't bother paying attention. Granted, the news of the raid was distracting, but there was barely anyone there in the first place.

3) You knew the kid was going to die. But it still hurt. I thought the payroll bars crushed his head when it hit him.

4) Watching the TIEs lower down at the air base was sweet Star Wars candy.

5) ISB Director Qyburn mentioned that everyone needs to have their "Emergency Planetary Retaliation Plans" ready. That sounds like the Empire is going to punish EVERYBODY for what happened on one planet.

6) Thought Luthien had been found out when the guy mentioned the planet, even though it was just a joke. Nice Devaronian shoutout in that scene.

7) Andor taking the manifesto, which I'm sure will impact him significantly, gives me vibes from the EU book Tales of the Bounty Hunters where the final story, "The Last One Standing", is centered around Boba Fett. He hunts down some bounty on some wayward planet and the guy is in possession of all this famous music by some composer Fett's never heard of. The guy demands that Fett take the music with him, and in a whim, Fett listens to it while flying Slave I and it has a profound change on him regarding his purpose in life - this story came out before he was made a clone in AOTC.

8) The Eye lived up to the hype.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy crap, what an episode.

The kid gave heavy Mouse from the Matrix vibes as soon as he was introduced. You just knew he wouldn't make it out.

Didn't see that coming with the guy who tried to steal the money though. Particularly after his speech about his supposed brother.

I think you could take these first six episodes and it would make for a fantastic movie.

Really cool seeing the Senate for the first time since 2005.

Currently rocking a 9.3 on IMDb.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When Andor said to the kid - "You'll sleep when it's done."

Me:

Actually said aloud, to nobody but myself.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, The Eye will be a new addition to the Star Tours ride at Disney within the year. Book it.
chase128
AG
Luthien? You've been reading Tolkien lately.

I agree with a lot of your points, well said.

That episode was a lot of fun. The lead up was worth it and the whole episode was really tense. I was kinda surprised the Indian woman just walked out of the base.

I wonder where Cassian heads next. Him giving back the kyber crystal implies to me he wants to distance himself from the "rebellion", but I'm assuming he won't get the privilege.

I can't wait to see more of Mon Mothma, even though her character hasn't been involved in much so far in this series something about her is really interesting to me. It's fun seeing her character get screen time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This shot.

LB12Diamond
AG
I was not surprised at all by the guy trying to steal the money. As I said earlier the ones you can not trust are the ones that show they trust no one.

Yes, the manifesto will be one of the keys to Andor becoming part of the rebellion permanently. The other, people he cares for are clearly going to be affected by the empire finding out he was part of the raid. Too much foreshadowing on that one.
The Porkchop Express
The more I think about it, the more I love Mon Mothma dutifully giving her passionate speech in front of the 90% empty Senate Chamber, because that way the spies watching her for the ISB are reporting back, "Yeah, the Senator from Chandrila gave another of her BS lovey-dovey species about alien rights and nobody was there to GAF. She's totally clueless about what's really going on here, and utterly harmless. Oh, and she went to an antique store to buy a gift for that pretty boy socialite husband of hers. And hosted another vapid dinner where she tries to make points about how everyone's equal. What an idiot!"

If you didn't watch Rebels, there's some huge connections here, which mean that we're bound to see Mon Mothma go rogue and openly criticize the Emperor and declare the formation of the Alliance. The Ghormans who she has talked about a couple of times in Andor are the turning point for her. The Ghorman Massacre takes place in 2 BBY, so a few years away from where we are right now but we know time jumps are coming.

For reference - here's Mon Mothma trashing Palpy

and declaring the Alliance

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Imperial kid was the kid who proposed marriage to Rhaenyra in HotD, got insulted, and killed the dude like a badass.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Imperial kid was the kid who proposed marriage to Rhaenyra in HotD, got insulted, and killed the dude like a badass.
Just need him to show up as a wayward Harfoot in the season finale to complete the cycle!
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
powerbelly
AG
So did Mikhail Kalashnikov somehow get a Star Wars blaster rifle or are designers just that lazy?
chase128
AG
She had an AK47 haha
MandoArms
This is the fourth AK in the Disney era of Star Wars, I will say this is the least effort they've put in to make it feel more "in universe." Im ok with it though. Can't have a rebellion without an AK.
IG: mando_arms
heddleston
AG
I spent the whole episode thinking the Dhanni chief was Bryan Cranston and had to take a good long look at the credits to make sure it wasnt him. It wasn't.
powerbelly
AG
This show is lapping the field. So freaking good.

Hopefully, this is a sign of the future from Star Wars.
BoydCrowder13
BoydCrowder13
I'm kind of blown away by this show. I had very low expectations for it.

Visually, it looks better than almost anything Disney + has put out. It looks like it had twice the budget of Kenobi.
OnlyForNow
AG
I was also sure that the Dhanis were going to break out hidden weapons and attack the troopers left to guard them.
The Porkchop Express
OnlyForNow said:

I was also sure that the Dhanis were going to break out hidden weapons and attack the troopers left to guard them.
I thought that as well, especially after the speech about how easy they are to manipulate. But this show is doing some hard left turns where most other shows go right. The non-chalant brutality of the Empire is really shining through here in the worst (best) ways.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
OnlyForNow
AG
And they kept going back to their singing and chanting, I really get that was building up for it's own cathartic moment.
bobinator
AG
What an episode.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'm really enjoying Andor. It has been a slow build to tonight's fantastic episode, but Disney Star Wars really needed such a grounded story.
#FJB
Max Power
AG
AgLaw02 said:

TCTTS said:

Pretty sure I disagree with every single one of your critiques. Quite strongly, in fact.
Agreed. It's like I 100% disagree with every word.

Did the reference to the Obiwan hangover mean Kenobi is the gold standard Andor is being compared to? If so… I just really disagree with all of it.
Andor is the morning after pill for the mistake that was Kenobi. It's my favorite thing to watch right now, towering over HotD and The Rings of Power. I thought this episode was spectacular and visually stunning, the soundtrack was mesmerizing as well, it hit on so many levels.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I've been avoiding this thread because I started late, but I just got all caught up and man, this is a solid show. It feels like we're coming at Star Wars from *gasp* a new angle. Every character feels like they have depth, as if someone wrote a whole back story for each of them, even if we're only getting glimpses of who they are. It's like we finally got a show that isn't cashing its chips on "Star Wars" and is instead investing in world building and good writing.

This is so what Star Wars live action needed.
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OnlyForNow said:

I thought they'd end up helping our guys and saving the day somehow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.