*** JAMES BOND : NO TIME TO DIE ***

170,421 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Definitely Not A Cop
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Filming was supposed to begin in just a couple of months.
West Point Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Wow. This sucks...

That sucks indeed!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
If Daniel Craig is included in the announcement of "creative differences", then I would guess that to mean that Craig also didn't see eye to eye with Boyle?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Eh.

Get Martin Campbell in there.
israeliag
AG
Miguel Sapochnik
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

i really hope they just hit the pause button and take whatever time is necessary to get somebody else on board.

i've really like craig as bond and two of his movies are among my favorite bond moves ever. but i re-watched spectre last night and it's just completely underwhelming, so i'm really hoping he can go out on a high note with 25.
Whos Juan
AG
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

i really hope they just hit the pause button and take whatever time is necessary to get somebody else on board.

i've really like craig as bond and two of his movies are among my favorite bond moves ever. but i re-watched spectre last night and it's just completely underwhelming, so i'm really hoping he can go out on a high note with 25.
The issue with waiting is that apparently Craig doesn't want to do just that. There are reports saying he'll walk away for good if the production gets delayed. It's not an encouraging sign overall, but apparently he just wants to get this movie over with and be done with Bond for good. Honestly, if that's true, I'd put it at 50/50 right now that they find a director who can play catch up in the next couple of months and deliver the movie on time vs. the Craig era being over, the next movie getting delayed by a year or two, and the powers that be going ahead and switching gears to the next iteration/Bond relatively soon as opposed to four or five years from now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm thinking Craig's main motivation is to go out on a high note.

Still hoping for that.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

The issue with waiting is that apparently Craig doesn't want to do just that. There are reports saying he'll walk away for good if the production gets delayed. It's not an encouraging sign overall, but apparently he just wants to get this movie over with and be done with Bond for good. Honestly, if that's true, I'd put it at 50/50 right now that they find a director who can play catch up in the next couple of months and deliver the movie on time vs. the Craig era being over, the next movie getting delayed by a year or two, and the powers that be going ahead and switching gears to the next iteration/Bond relatively soon as opposed to four or five years from now.
have you heard anything about the script or screenplay?

as much as i'd like craig to go out on a high note, i'd rather have a really good bond movie with a new bond than another mediocre bond movie with craig.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Spectre is the worst of the Craig movies. The opening sequence with Bond running up a collapsing building was a ridiculous start and reminds me of Brosnan riding a solar beam wave. Bond movies are best with as little CG special effects as possible. I also didn't care for Waltz' Blofeld thanks to his awkward dialogue ("****oo") or how they tied the character into being apart of Bond's childhood.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I loved the Spectre opening. Did not love the rest of the movie.
Mathguy64
AG
The problem with Spectre was in not making Blofeld evil. For all the hype he ends up being a info hacker. Everything up to the desert scene was fine. And the final act in London was fine. It was just the lame bit in the desert.
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

have you heard anything about the script or screenplay?

as much as i'd like craig to go out on a high note, i'd rather have a really good bond movie with a new bond than another mediocre bond movie with craig.

All anyone knows is that two scripts were being developed for the fifth Craig movie. One by the writers who had a hand in all four previous Bond films, the other by John Hodge, Danny Boyle's writer. The former sounded like it was the more standard fare, commissioned by Broccoli/Eon per usual, before a director comes on board, etc, while the Hodge version was apparently something far more unique, developed more independently by Hodge and Boyle, then pitched to Broccoli/Eon after a significant amount of work had been on the former version. So at this point no one knows if the next director will be brought on to shoot the Hodge/Boyle version or if they'll go back to the initial/commissioned version, and develop that one further.
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Oh hey man. I'm a car. But not like a real car. More like a freaky car, what with missiles and turning invisible and yeah.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm so onboard with this.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Boyle reportedly wanted to go with a script with a "modern-day Cold War" storyline featuring a Russian villain, and that didn't sound all that appealing to the producers, but they pushed forward anyway.

But the real issue apparently came when Danny Boyle wanted to cast actor Tomasz Kot as the villain. Funnily enough, the Polish actor stars in a praised romance called Cold War, set in Poland, Berlin, Yugoslavia and Paris during the 1950s.
That sounds terrible. Sounds like a good decision was made.
Mathguy64
AG
Man they screwed this so bad with Waltz' Blofeld. Make him evil incarnate in Spectre. In 25 he breaks out of prison and masterminds something horrible and make the title of the movie In Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Its not rocket science.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Much rather they push it back a year to make a solid final movie for Craig, than rush it like they did with Spectre.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Wow! This is awesome news...

TCTTS
AG
Cary Joji (who's last name gets redacted on this forum when typed) is of course the director of True Detective season one and the upcoming limited Netflix series Maniac. What a fantastic choice.
zgood10
Bunk Moreland
the man Directed "Who Goes There" from S1 of True Detective.

That's all I need to know. Great choice.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The first American to ever direct a Bond film.
israeliag
AG
Interesting. I'm on board.
jackie childs
good news for a franchise that desperately needed some good news
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.