*** JAMES BOND : NO TIME TO DIE ***

168,184 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Definitely Not A Cop
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't have a problem with there being a female 00 agent. I think they made that an option when Moneypenny washed out as an agent. This isn't the SEALs. I think the world of spies arguably suits women as well if not better, and it wasn't a Bourne-level physical intensity until Craig anyway.

That being said, it's articles like this that make me roll my eyes and question the pressure driving these choices compared to compelling storylines, even if I don't want to.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/15/20695126/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-phoebe-waller-bridge

Quote:

To be blunt, even if giving a woman of color the venerated title sounds great in theory, in execution, it seems like it may be a bald-faced attempt to address the optics of Bond's typically homogeneous casting without actually letting Lynch take over the role of 007.

I mean, the quote isn't wrong. If the storytelling isnt earnest and good, then having a female challenge Bond just for the sake of diversity doesn't really serve any good. It's hollow and condescending to the people really care, and it's degitimizing to the people that dont.

Bottom line, as a Bond super fan, I don't care if it's a woman or not. I just want it to be a good story.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Sorry. I'm a few days.late to the Little Mermaid outrage

1) I'm just disappointed Idris Elba didn't get a chance

2) I wonder why they went went African and not Asian.
Once you go African, you never go back again?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Claude! said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Random, fun exercise. Given that many of our iconic American roles were cast with Brits, what American would you cast as James Bond?
Woody Allen.
Stallone
Ken Jeong
Bieber
Ellen Degeneres
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Staff - Now that we have an official title, do you guys mind changing the thread title to...

*** JAMES BOND: NO TIME TO DIE ***

The current thread title really is misleading ever since the release date changed to April 2020.

Thanks!

(You guys mind flagging this to alert staff?)
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
I deserve this.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Oh and here's the official synopsis...

Quote:

In No Time To Die, Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.
aggie_fan13
AG
can we get a freakin teaser or trailer ? im tired of watching goldeneye everyday
some men you just cant reach ...
TCTTS
AG
Next potential time frame could be with It: Chapter 2 on September 6. If not then, it'll almost assuredly be September, though.
TCTTS
AG
Panama Red
AG
This was second choice for title. They ran into copyright issues with:

James Bond: I aint got time to bleed
fig96
AG
This is freakin' beautiful...

Prime0882
AG
TCTTS said:

I deserve this.
I'm thinking there's a story behind his statement?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I very much like the title.

After Quantum of Solace, Skyfall and Spectre, No Time to Die seems to evoke more the names of Bond films from my youth.

Not that I don't like the names of the previous three Bond movies.....but they just don't have the "Bond-ness" to them, if that makes sense.
fig96
AG
Totally with you, and agreed.
TCTTS
AG
Being the OCD freak that I am, I asked staff to change the Top Gun: Maverick thread title twice over the period of like a year, once when we finally had the official title and then once, months later, when they didn't get it right after the first change. Both times I provided the exact thread title, but the second time I'm pretty sure they didn't get it right on purpose and were just messing with me with some weird/random spacing issues, people jokingly gave me sh*t, etc.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, staff!
AgfromHOU
AG
AndySambergJIMP.gif
PatAg
AG
Time to retire, James?
No, time to die

You'll see that Im right
wangus12
AG
So damn excited. Looking forward to it
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Not to pollute the thread but that tweet reminds me of this classic Simpsons bit:

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Makes perfect sense.
TheDoctor
AG
Let's go.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
is Clint Black going to rework "No Time to Kill" to do the theme song?
Prime0882
AG
TCTTS said:

Being the OCD freak that I am, I asked staff to change the Top Gun: Maverick thread title twice over the period of like a year, once when we finally had the official title and then once, months later, when they didn't get it right after the first change. Both times I provided the exact thread title, but the second time I'm pretty sure they didn't get it right on purpose and were just messing with me with some weird/random spacing issues, people jokingly gave me sh*t, etc.
Did you happen to notice Staff added a space before and after the colon on the title this time? Thinking they'll be messing with you from now on after reading through the Top Gun thread.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, I noticed. They're definitely doing it on purpose now.
double aught
AG
A fun little bit.
G Martin 87
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I very much like the title.

After Quantum of Solace, Skyfall and Spectre, No Time to Die seems to evoke more the names of Bond films from my youth.

Not that I don't like the names of the previous three Bond movies.....but they just don't have the "Bond-ness" to them, if that makes sense.
Quantum of Solace was actually the title of one of Fleming's Bond short stories, so that one makes sense in that respect.
Phat32
AG
Love the title
TCTTS
AG
MW03
AG
TCTTS said:

For about 5 seconds, I was irate because the tiny little picture on my phone had me thinking they had cast Mark Wahlberg.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

"Say hi to M for me."
aggie_fan13
AG

ummm what ?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.