*****2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs*****

157,181 Views | 1749 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jteagle
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Denver has been more aggressive this quarter but the spurs are not getting the calls.

This. Getting no love from the refs right now.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Way to go Pop. Get a tech when we are trying to win a game in the 4th.
TyHolden
AG
We got this. Relax.
Hand Of God
AG
WTF was that? No timeout given? Technical?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Uhhhhh it's not a regular season game.

How can you get/give a tech there?!?!
West Texan
AG
That was a really strange chain of events
DeangeloVickers
AG
It is stupid the difference in calls this qtr
Enzo The Baker
AG
Lol game. Rudy gay blows.
Hand Of God
AG
Can't stop Murray in the 4th. Game over.
West Texan
AG
Terrible Rudy.
Sports-Ag
AG
Murray is on fire this quarter
LawHall88
AG
This one went to crap in a hurry.
West Texan
AG
Suddenly Murray can't miss.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Good to get the split. But this was a winnable game. I don't know why we went away from playin Jacob with LA. That lineup to start the 4th was atrocious on defense and it allowed the nuggets to get back into it and gain confidence. On to the next one.
Hand Of God
AG
Disappointing considering we were up 19 in the 3rd. But can't be mad about taking 1 of 2 on the road.
Burn-It
AG
From mid 3Q +19 to now, DEN getting away w/murder, shoving, moving screens, hacking. Spurs look tired, esp Gay. Derozan can't handle the ball, youngsters getting flustered, no rebounding. Pop should not have allowed the lead to drop to single digits before taking a timeout.
AKA 13-0
West Texan
AG
Burn-It said:

From mid 3Q +19 to now, DEN getting away w/murder, shoving, moving screens, hacking. Spurs look tired, esp Gay. Derozan can't handle the ball, youngsters getting flustered, no rebounding. Pop should not have allowed the lead to drop to single digits before taking a timeout.

The ref swings in this game were frustrating to say the least. Both times we went up 19, Denver would crawl back in and get away with all kinds of physical play on the defensive end that was previously a foul.
LawHall88
AG
Nuggets outscored the Spurs 50-25 over the last 18 minutes.
Sports-Ag
AG
Would of been nice to get 2 on the road but I'll take the 1.

Going into the game today didn't think the Spurs was going to win but having the lead going to the 4th changed that.

Still surprise Denver played like the the first 3 quarters. Well heading home and playing on Thursday on the first official day of Fiesta. Let's get it.
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Burn-It said:

The ref swings in this game were frustrating to say the least. Both times we went up 19, Denver would crawl back in and get away with all kinds of physical play on the defensive end that was previously a foul.

Officiating wasn't the best in the 4th but I don't think that's what chipped those 19 point leads down to 10 or so. The Spurs just got a little lax with those leads IMO. Our bench depth, defensively especially, hurts us. We need more Jakob. Guy gives us great minutes.
West Texan
AG
Besides Jamal Murray going off in the 4th, poor 3 point shooting sunk us in this game. Hard to win games when you only shoot 27% from deep, so it's a real credit to how well we were getting the ball in the paint and finishing that we had the lead and a chance to win for most of this game. We out rebounded Denver, including more offensive boards, so everything we needed to do to win we did, except for make 3s. Rudy Gay was really bad tonight. He's gonna have to step it up cause we'll need him to go against Paul Milsap on the defensive end. I thought it was interesting how much attention Denver payed to Forbes. They stayed tight to him all night and he just didn't have very many looks. I think Pop needs to find a way to free him up to get some looks from 3, cause he can really help open everything for us.

If you told me before the series we'd go back to San Antonio 1-1, I'd be pumped. Disappointing that we let this one slip away, but I'm pretty confident we'll shoot better at home. The pressure is still on the nuggets.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

West Texan said:

Burn-It said:

Officiating wasn't the best in the 4th but I don't think that's what chipped those 19 point leads down to 10 or so. The Spurs just got a little lax with those leads IMO. Our bench depth, defensively especially, hurts us. We need more Jakob. Guy gives us great minutes.

Denver making shots is what put them back in the game, but Denver was in he bonus super early that quarter and there were several possessions in a row that I thought they got away with pretty obvious fouls, especially considering how much we were going inside tonight.
Burn-It
AG
Agree w/more Jakob. Plays well w/LA when they have Jokic in the game. Best lineup I see is LA, Jakob, White, Derozan & Forbes. The prob is who plays when that group needs rest.

Pop may need to get some bench warmers (Poindexter, Donatas, Cunningham) more PT to bang/rebound when Jakob is resting.
AKA 13-0
West Texan
AG
Burn-It said:

Agree w/more Jakob. Plays well w/LA when they have Jokic in the game. Best lineup I see is LA, Jakob, White, Derozan & Forbes. The prob is who plays when that group needs rest.

That's our better defensive lineup, but I really worry about that lineup for extended amounts of time because that's 3 nonshooters on the floor. Defense will really sag and clog it up.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Burn-It said:

Right. They need to find a better way to stagger the minutes. Two of white, Derozan, or Aldridge need to be in the court at all times.
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Burn-It said:

That's our better defensive lineup, but I really worry about that lineup for extended amounts of time because that's 3 nonshooters on the floor. Defense will really sag and clog it up.

We have two play makers and one elite post player who can shoot from the outside. It's not like this team takes a lot of three point shots anyways. White and Forbes are enough. Not saying for the majority of the minutes just down the stretch.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

West Texan said:

Burn-It said:

We have two play makers and one elite post player who can shoot from the outside. It's not like this team takes a lot of three point shots anyways. White and Forbes are enough. Not saying for the majority of the minutes just down the stretch.

It's worth a shot, for sure. I think Poeltl has done a fantastic job guarding Jokic and making his life difficult.
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Enzo The Baker said:

West Texan said:

Burn-It said:

It's worth a shot, for sure. I think Poeltl has done a fantastic job guarding Jokic and making his life difficult.

Agreed. Now if he could just stay out of foul trouble.
TyHolden
AG
We need a big. Isn't there a polander that we stashed that's like 7-4 or something? I've never seen a 6+ pollock.
Matt_ag98
Murray couldn't miss at the end, just needed to steal one, just sucks that the spurs couldn't close this one out to go up 2-0
West Texan
AG
Credit to Denver, for as bad as they played the first 2 1/2 quarters they only turned the ball over 6 times. Any shot attempt>>>turnover. We gave up 21 fast break points. Gotta tighten that up, because then getting easy buckets in transition sparked their comeback.
Ag Natural
AG
I dont think the Spurs have played all that well in two games and yet they stole one and had them down in the second. Itll be really interesting to so if they get that home bomb they got all season.
aggie_fan13
AG
Sloppy
Mike Elko
AG
The Spurs blew a lead? Ya don't say. Staple of this team for two decades. Should be up 2-0 and in cruise control... Will be interesting to see how this choke job affects G3.
option short side
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

The Spurs blew a lead? Ya don't say. Staple of this team for two decades. Should be up 2-0 and in cruise control... Will be interesting to see how this choke job affects G3.
staple of this team for two decades?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.