*****2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs*****

157,173 Views | 1749 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jteagle
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Butler was toxic to the locker room and isn't close to the player that Kawhi is. I think that's about right for a player that might not play more than the rest of the season with the team.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Butler was toxic to the locker room and isn't close to the player that Kawhi is. I think that's about right for a player that might not play more than the rest of the season with the team.

I'm not saying that it wasn't their best offer and he's definitely not Kawhi, but those three guys still don't equal Butler. It's sucks to be the wolves and have zero leverage.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yikes the Rockets are bad

These rule changes ain't helping them much and Paul looks old

jteagle
AG
I didn't get to see the game tonight but any time we beat the Rockets it is a really good night!
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Derrick White looked excellent tonight. Very disciplined on both ends. I think he's going to carve out a nice long career for himself.
Good Poster
AG
For the roster that the spurs trotted out there tonight with, it was an impressive win. Way to go playing short handed and really like what Derrick White contributes.
Ag Natural
AG
I only saw the 4th quarter and boy I was encouraged by what I saw from White. He looks a lot quicker now and i assume that's just confidence. Dude has the best feel for the game of all the young guards. 8 assists last night. He's also a very good shooter and has good size to defend and finish some at the rim.
Enzo The Baker
AG
The White-Forbes back court appears to be really effective. They seem to work well together. I do worry about their size against certain lineups but I think they should stick with it going forward.
Guitarsoup
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Yikes the Rockets are bad

These rule changes ain't helping them much and Paul looks old

He does look old.

At least the Rockets didn't give the injury-prone player with nearly 1000 career NBA games plus international experience a long-term max deal this summer.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs are third in 3 point shooting with 39.1% compared to last year when they were 28th with 34.8%. They are evening shooting better than 2017 when they finished 2nd in 3 point shooting at 38.4%. But they are attempting the second to least threes per game and have the second worst 2 point FG%.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

The White-Forbes back court appears to be really effective. They seem to work well together. I do worry about their size against certain lineups but I think they should stick with it going forward.

White is bigger than he looks but Forbes I get
Curry gets away with it so if he can rip shots at 80% of curry he will be fine

Good Poster
AG
Gay is probable for tonight in Sac. A much welcomed sight for an injury depleted team that is now starting to get more guys healthy and clicking finally on defense.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Shouldn't be losing to a team like the kings. No way a team of 1st-3rd year players should be making us turn the ball over 15 times. Spurs are really struggling with the 'gimme' games this year.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Aldridge was so bad in the past 5 minutes

He looked like a child
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Shouldn't be losing to a team like the kings. No way a team of 1st-3rd year players should be making us turn the ball over 15 times. Spurs are really struggling with the 'gimme' games this year.
Given the roster, I don't think there are many "gimme" games, especially on the road.
Good Poster
AG
On it's surface, the Spurs shouldn't have lost this game. The Spurs have historically feasted on young teams due to their inexperience and undisciplined play but this Kings team has surprised a lot of people this year with their athleticism and young guys. Tough to watch the Spurs turn it over so many times after starting the season with a historically low turnover rate but Spurs should get back on track with the game against PHX on Wednesday. GSG.
mike073
AG
Well, the Spurs are now 14 - 1 over the past 15 meetings with the Kings.
Gig 'em Aggies!

mike073
AG
Spurs are in a rut. Just realized they are 14-1 in the last 15 against Phoenix also.
Gig 'em Aggies!

Enzo The Baker
AG
Aldridge is so bad about passing/recognizing open people in the post or when double teamed. Makes me miss Timmy every time.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Aldridge and DeRozan are 0-11.
Good Poster
AG
Always drove me crazy how Aldridge gets the exact shot he likes and could miss it 5-6 times in a row.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I'll take being down by 5 right now the way we played.
LawHall88
AG
Nice half for Forbes.
Enzo The Baker
AG
3 point defense is garbage.
Good Poster
AG
Pitiful performance especially from LMA tonight. He didn't make a field goal until a little tip in with about a minute to go in the 2nd quarter. Offense is so ineffective when he doesn't get going.

Two straight losses to Sac and Phx. Clippers tomorrow.
Mike Elko
AG
So much for the promising start to the season...
Good Poster
AG
Spurs are really missing Gay right now for the simple fact that the drop off from Gay to his replacement is so huge.

Also, any team that has a big athletic center is feasting on the Spurs.
Guitarsoup
AG
Money Ag said:

Spurs are really missing Gay right now for the simple fact that the drop off from Gay to his replacement is so huge.

Also, any team that has a big athletic center is feasting on the Spurs.
At least we didn't vastly overpay for Kyle Anderson's 6 points per 30 minutes played.
superunknown
AG
The Clippers' jersey logo is for Bumble, how did I not know that?
Enzo The Baker
AG
None of our lineups are clicking.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I think white should come off the bench with our second group and derozan should be our starting PG.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Aldridge deciding to take another dump on the basketball court tonight.
Sports-Ag
AG
Yeah, LMA not playing good again.
Sports-Ag
AG
Team is struggling. Rudy left at some point in the 4th and did not return. This team can't get stops, times where they can't make a basket and LMA went to the line for the first time tonight in the last 2 games.

Lose a 3 game road trip to Sac, Phoenix and clippers. Just hoping the team is still learning but damn they're now 7-7.
Good Poster
AG
LMA needs to get his **** together. 3/15 from the field. And he had a jumper in like the first 45 seconds so he spent the next 40 minutes he played going 2/14 and shooting 14%. Derrick White had an extremely rough night...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.