Manchester United 2023-24 Thread

78,951 Views | 1893 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Thunder18
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goal Scotty Too Hotty!!!!
Dre_00
I'm telling you guys. This is the perfect game for Casmiro. Just tell him to sit in his own half, clean up any messes that come his way, fire off some long balls/through balls that split the lines. This is the way.
Thunder18
AG
Who had Slab scoring a header in first half ET?
Showstopper
AG
Maguire scoring a header isn't too shocking; he is quite good winning aerials.
Thunder18
AG
Welp. Butthole clinching time
Thunder18
AG
All you can do is laugh. Throwing away a 3-0 lead to a Championship side
Showstopper
AG
Handball.
gougler08
AG
You guys are so much fun to watch from a neutral point of view. Such beautiful chaos all the time
Furlock Bones
AG
EtH record setter. Strikes again.
Furlock Bones
AG
It was barely offside. Penalties. EtH will no doubt do a bunch of whining about lacking his full team.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
lol... just called MU an absolute embarrassment on broadcast.
Dre_00
I stopped watching at 1-0 to go out to dinner.

Highly recommend guys. Plan dinner outings during United games. Save yourself the stress. Life is too beautiful for this.
Dre_00
Not going to follow the penalties because it doesn't really matter to me. I think this game has already proven something regardless of what happens.

ETH has instill a culture of players who are not mentally capable of playing at a top level. He can complain about injuries. Which is fair. He can complain about a poorly constructed roster. Which is fair. But time and time again this team has proven incapable of playing with a strong mentality. He's even said it himself. That's not lack of talent. That's not injuries. That's just a culture that he has created or allowed to be created and he can't break it. Once it creeps in it's hard to root out. Almost impossible for him to do it at this point. Someone else has to try.
Mathguy64
AG
Dre_00 said:

I stopped watching at 1-0 to go out to dinner.

Highly recommend guys. Plan dinner outings during United games. Save yourself the stress. Life is too beautiful for this.

My strategy is not to pay for espn plus. No pay no watch.
Dre_00
gougler08 said:

You guys are so much fun to watch from a neutral point of view. Such beautiful chaos all the time

We are by far the most entertaining and most watched football club.

I wish the entertainment we provided was more like an epic, critically acclaimed, Oscar winning movie. Unfortunately we're more like Vanderpump Rules.
Furlock Bones
AG
I actually just feel bad for Coventry and their fans.
zachsccr
AG
If a bad win exists… we just saw one.
Furlock Bones
AG
That has to be it for Rashford as well. He absolutely quit on this club this year.
Furlock Bones
AG
I joked about Tuchel a few days ago. But, I think I might have spoken it into existence.

Aston94
AG
Tuchel. Please No.

Mathguy64
AG
Nope. No tommy tickles. Please no.
Showstopper
AG
So the solution to a manager who is having an underperforming year this year at a big club is to hire a manager who is also underperforming this year at a big club, who got sacked at Chelsea because he won't just shut up coach, and that's a good idea here where Ineos have said they want the CEO and Director of Football to set the play style and transfers, and they want the manager to shut up and coach? That's the solution?

I know he has a Champions League title. Jose has two, along with *checks notes* ah, yes, here it is, "three for me" three Premier League titles… and a lot of the same problems. He's also available if you want. Maybe it happens, I don't know, but I don't think it's a great idea and I don't see it.
Furlock Bones
AG
Found a fellow Dunseth listener.
Mathguy64
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Found a fellow Dunseth listener.

Yep.
Dre_00
This is what endlessly bothers me amidst the seething animosity toward ETH after Coventry...and it is universal at this point.

There's all this insistence about how he has no business being the manager next season and should be fired ahead of the FA Cup without any acknowledgement that...all of his realistic replacements have massive question marks of their own. They only thing they don't have is baggage with United but they have plenty of baggage of their own. People are screaming for change for the sake of change. And that's how United has continuously screwed themselves over the last 10+ years. By making a change and then having no freaking idea what to do next, and compound the original problem.

It's why I keep saying that he should actually stay until the root problem is solved or at least partially fixed. Set up your front office and give them time to put in a system and define what the style and the culture is. You can always fire him in January if you feel the need...after you've had the time to build the system that ensures the next decision will be made correctly and not just for the sake of change. This rebuild is going to take years...6 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things if it ensures that the next decision is better made.
Aston94
AG
I feel ETH is spreading Tuchel rumors so United fans will want him to stay.
Showstopper
AG
If we are being real, I think Tuchel's agent is probably putting it out. But it's not a great time to be looking for a manager. Bayern was supposedly trying to bring Nagelsman back, and he's evidently staying at Germany. Barcelona is apparently trying to un-fire Xavi (technically trying to get him to un-resign). There's too many top clubs looking and not many top options. Van Gaal got sacked after winning the FA Cup because they were hiring Jose; if their best candidate was Big Sam or something, they might have said, "Well… it's a trophy; let's give van Gaal another shot."
Showstopper
AG
Apparently it made news yesterday but I didn't see it; Ralf Ragnick is the new heavy favorite to be the Bayern Munich manager. Go figure. At least it isn't someone we might want to hire, I guess, but I don't think this is a good year to be looking for a manager.
Aston94
AG
Sounds like no Rashford or McTominay for midweek game versus Sheffield United, should not matter against the last place club in the EPL at home, but we saw what this team did versus Coventry over the weekend.
Dre_00
God, I really hope Diallo gets a start but I'm sure we'll see Antony instead.
Furlock Bones
AG
Massive match today. Manchester "David" United welcomes Sheffield "Goliath" United today the theater of nightmares.
Dre_00
ETH: "I really should be playing Amad more"

Also ETH: "Rashford is hurt...clearly need to start Antony now."
Mathguy64
AG
I'm intrigued by the captain for SHU. His last name is Arblaster.

Is his first name Pan Galactic and middle name Garg?

The random stuff you think about while watching this anemic offense try and break down this low block.
Dre_00
Could play on a 40 yard wide pitch when starting Antony and AWB on the right. They are just no threat to provide even a thought of width in the attack.
Mathguy64
AG
We are passing the ball between Slabhead, Case and Eriksen 15 years in our own half abd SHU is playing a high line 15 yards in theirs. That space behind them and no one is trying a run with a quick ball over the lines.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.