*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

202,447 Views | 1987 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABATTBQ11
MandoArms
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This isn't confirmed but I heard this mentioned on the Rebel Force Radio Podcast so I had to look it up.

Looks like Nemik's manifesto is being carried by Andor in Rogue one.
Link for more info and pics.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mostthingskenobi.tumblr.com/post/700406244222091264/cassian-keeps-nemiks-manifesto/amp
IG: mando_arms
jokershady
AG
Nice!

And didn't see it posted but could have missed it….but did y'all notice that the Andor theme got explained in this last episode? This entire time it's been getting pieced together by each episode until this one where it's revealed that the Andor theme is the same as the funeral music for Maarva
double aught
AG
Whoa
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Andor spent a month helping build the weapon that killed him.
redline248
AG
When the band started marching it reminded me of every single cartoon my kids have watched where the theme song makes up every single tune in musical episodes. (bubble guppies being the biggest exception)

I thought it was pretty cool
double aught
AG
One minor critique: I thought the cgi on Luthen's ship looked pretty poor when he landed and got on the speeder bike.
TCTTS
AG
As good as the finale was, for me, the best moment was something I've never felt or seen in something like this before, which was the thrill I got from the lone Meero/Syril interaction. We've seen the hero save the love interest a thousand times, in similar fashion, but never with this power dynamic, and never ever have those two characters been the villains. I was despised and wowed, rooting against and for them - all at the same time - and it was just electric. Where they go from here, I can't wait to find out.

Again, though, that was just the icing on top of such an all around satisfying cake of a finale. The marching, the music, the build up, the tensions, the speeches, the emotions... I loved every single minute of it. My only problem is that I don't know how I'm going to last until 2024, or how I'm ever going to enjoy a Star Wars anything again that isn't from Tony Gilroy.
TCTTS
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've never felt so weird rooting for two characters to kiss.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
Makes the celebration of Luke and (more so) Han at the end of Star Wars feel almost offensive and unearned. So many who they have no idea about made the ultimate sacrifice to get them to that point.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
double aught said:

Makes the celebration of Luke and (more so) Han at the end of Star Wars feel almost offensive and unearned. So many who they have no idea about made the ultimate sacrifice to get them to that point.
Well, they also saved the princess from capture. Pretty good weekend for them.
The Porkchop Express
AG
double aught said:

Han cuts a deal that gets Luke and Obi-wan off Tatooine, infiltrates the largest Imperial stronghold in the universe to rescue a rebel leader who is a future Republic president, leader of the Resistance and part-time Jedi knight and then shoots the greatest pilot in the galaxy who happens to also be a Sith Lord off the kid's back to set up the final shot and he didn't earn a medal?
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

To be served cereal in blue milk.
Max Power
AG
I enjoyed The Mandolorian, but I loved Andor. I feel like we finally got the Star Wars show we deserved. They completely reset the bar and expectations going forward. I honestly had minimal expectations going in because of Kenobi but this show paid off many times over. I feel like people weren't watching this show enough but the noise is going to continue to build, the audience will continue to grow. This really felt like the best version of what Star Wars can be.
double aught
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

double aught said:

Han cuts a deal that gets Luke and Obi-wan off Tatooine, infiltrates the largest Imperial stronghold in the universe to rescue a rebel leader who is a future Republic president, leader of the Resistance and part-time Jedi knight and then shoots the greatest pilot in the galaxy who happens to also be a Sith Lord off the kid's back to set up the final shot and he didn't earn a medal?

*almost

Just following up on a post about characters "who burn their lives to make a sunrise that they know they'll never see". Not trying to start a whole thing. Han's the man, but he just fell into the rebellion unlike the aforementioned zealots.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
While we're on the subject, I'm really hoping to get more backstory of young Andor. Because as it stands, his line from Rogue One of "I've been in this fight since I was six years old" doesn't really pass muster.
Prosperdick
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've never felt so weird rooting for two characters to kiss.

I was actually rooting for them not to kiss as it would feel a little too cliche, we've seen that play out way too many times (obviously not with two villains) but if they do end up hooking up in S2 I bet Gilroy does it in a way that subverts expectations.
Captain Winky
Is this show worth the time for someone that hated Boba Fett and didn't even bother to finish Kenobi? I have really enjoyed the Mandolorian.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have the pages and pages of effusive praise not indicated this?
redline248
AG
Captain Winky said:

Is this show worth the time for someone that hated Boba Fett and didn't even bother to finish Kenobi? I have really enjoyed the Mandolorian.
100% worth the time
AgfromHOU
AG
Maybe he considers it as when he met Maarva, since she was clearly pro rebellion from the beginning
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But he looked about 13 in those scenes.
Captain Winky
I'm not going to sift through pages and pages of comments when I could ask a direct question and potentially see a spoiler. Boba Fett and Kenobi had pages and pages of high praise, but I didn't enjoy those. I figured with that context you fine people would point me in the right direction.
redline248
AG
My guess (which isn't a stretch) is the reason there are no adults is bc the empire did something when he was 6 that took/killed all the parents. Idk. But yeah maybe we'll get more. Or, like Maarva told him about the sister, forget about it.
GreasenUSA
AG
Captain Winky said:

I'm not going to sift through pages and pages of comments when I could ask a direct question and potentially see a spoiler. Boba Fett and Kenobi had pages and pages of high praise, but I didn't enjoy those. I figured with that context you fine people would point me in the right direction.
Pretty sure only one person here was high-praising Boba Fett and Kenobi.
oragator
The whole kiss thing made me think of that scene in 22 jump street fight scene at the end.
Flashdiaz
AG
He was in a village of kids with no adults. It's likely the Empires mine that "employed" the adults blew up or something catastrophic happened to kill off the parents.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Captain Winky said:

I was mostly being facetious. The answer is an unequivocal yes, and is the best Star Wars series by a country mile.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz said:

He was in a village of kids with no adults. It's likely the Empires mine that "employed" the adults blew up or something catastrophic happened to kill off the parents.

I definitely think this was the implication, but I do hope we see it, at least some short flashbacks. Basically just to see that the kids knew who the enemy was. (Although I think technically it would have been the Republic at that time.)
MrPlow2010
AG
I really enjoyed this season. By far the best Star Wars show so far. I thought for sure the empire would confiscate Andor's Mom's droid. That seems like it would have been taken apart and researched by the ISB early on after her death.
double aught
AG
You can see a few times in the episode where the ISB is doing a little song and dance with the locals. They're trying to give the illusion that the locals still have a bit of freedom while in reality becoming more and more oppressive. I feel like leaving the droid alone was one of those moments.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Part of me loves that, but another part of me thinks that doesn't really track with what I know about directors.
Maybe its different since he is technicalyl a director? I just find it hard to beleive he wouldnt pay attention to every detail.
But, lets say he did intend all that stuff in the backround...this is the perfect answer to give to throw people off the scent.

I would dislike if he turned out to be a Jedi

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.