*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

202,453 Views | 1987 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABATTBQ11
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

When the Imperials first got there, before Meero was involved, they weren't using her as bait. They would have taken the droid, imo.

Edit: I could be forgetting something about those early episodes

Blevin wasn't interested in Andor at all. He wanted to take control of Ferrix. That's why he cooked the report, tried to cut Meero out, and downplayed everything.

That, or he's another source working for Luthen.
AliasMan02
AG
Not caught up on the thread but all you people hating on poor B2EMO early on... I hope you're proud of yourselves.
PatAg
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Not caught up on the thread but all you people hating on poor B2EMO early on... I hope you're proud of yourselves.
Was anyone?
cbr
AG
how could anyone hate on that poor power deprived stuttering little droid?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
PatAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

Was anyone?

I wish they'd do an Andor prequel just to have scene where B2EMO kicks BB8's bot ass.
jeffk
AG
Wow. Can you show me on this doll where BB-8 hurt you?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
jeffk said:

Wow. Can you show me on this doll where BB-8 hurt you?

Haha. Just wasn't a fan. I think the concept of a droid that rolls around in a universe of planets seemingly mostly consisting of planets without sidewalks bothered me.

But I also admit that I would have to have the same gripe about R2D2 on a giant swamp planet that never seemed to have trouble moving around.
jeffk
AG
I think we can agree that Chopper is the GOAT droid.
AliasMan02
AG
Droids are probably my favorite category of "thing" in Star Wars. And I'd argue the most consistently well done.

Up on the list are ships, especially freighters, but you have total lame-os like the solar sailer.

Pretty low on the list are Jedi, most of whom are lame and interchangeable, and speeders, which have a lot of dumb looking designs (though the Imp Speeder Bike is a top end Star Wars design).
The Porkchop Express
AG
jeffk said:

I think we can agree that Chopper is the GOAT droid.

HK-47
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
jeffk
AG
Name too derived. 0/10.
Ornithopter
AG
Silence meatbag
Flashdiaz
AG
Reactions to droids with feelings is interesting to me. Several catered to the droid feeling loss… I may have had a more Han Solo approach and told it to shut up and follow me. Maybe I need to reevaluate my thoughts towards droids. I may owe Alexa an apology
ChipFTAC01
AG
Faustus said:

The Porkchop Express said:

OnlyForNow said:

I was also sure that the Dhanis were going to break out hidden weapons and attack the troopers left to guard them.
I thought that as well, especially after the speech about how easy they are to manipulate. But this show is doing some hard left turns where most other shows go right. The non-chalant brutality of the Empire is really shining through here in the worst (best) ways.
Threatening to kill the commandant's wife and sickly kid with guns at their heads to force the commandant to their plan to steal money didn't exactly paint the rebels in the best light either.

Just catching up on this thread and I'd just like to give you props for the 30 year old deep cut off of a debut album that wasn't a hit.
ChipFTAC01
AG
TCTTS said:

Broken record, I know, but holy sh*t this show is incredible.

Favorite episode yet, more so than even last week. If I'm being completely honest, I prefer Cassian's lurking, Mon Mothma's dealings, Luthen's acting, and the always simmering Officer Merro scenes to the heist action. And this episode had maybe the best of all of those things.

I also can't get over how much we're seeing in this series that's never been shown before in the franchise. That final beach resort planet was so cool and unique, we got our second ever hint of sex (the woman in bed), we had I think our first ever TV set (which Karn and his mom were watching), we saw someone take a leak an episode or two ago… all of which makes the universe feel so much more real and lived in than any other installment prior.

So many great conversations this episode too. Mon Mothma divulging to her fellow senator had me on the edge of my seat, Cassian's second conversation with his adopted mother was heartbreaking, and the final Meero scene toward the end were each some of the best writing not only in Star Wars, but on TV right now period.

If anything, it never crossed my mind how cool it would be to witness the inflection point of the Rebels landing their first punch and officially putting themselves on the map. It's just so thrilling to watch everyone react in the aftermath to the heist, and see how galvanized and nervous everyone is now on both sides, that there's no turning back, etc.

A few other tidbits…

- First mention of Palpatine was awesome. Just hearing his name, in this world, is exciting.

- I loved the little bit more we got about Cassian's backstory, where the name Clem came from, and seeing that Cassian too has a very personal reason to hate the Empire, he just hasn't embraced it yet.

- I don't know if that was meant to be the droid who eventually becomes K-2SO or not - I'm assuming no - but either way I literally raised my fist in celebration when he first appeared. What a fun fake out/tease.

- The score for this series is going to make for such great writing/working music, and this episode featured some of my favorite music yet. It really is unlike anything we've heard before in the franchise.

You've obviously missed Lumpy watching the TV on Life Day.
ABATTBQ11
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

TCTTS said:

Broken record, I know, but holy sh*t this show is incredible.

Favorite episode yet, more so than even last week. If I'm being completely honest, I prefer Cassian's lurking, Mon Mothma's dealings, Luthen's acting, and the always simmering Officer Merro scenes to the heist action. And this episode had maybe the best of all of those things.

I also can't get over how much we're seeing in this series that's never been shown before in the franchise. That final beach resort planet was so cool and unique, we got our second ever hint of sex (the woman in bed), we had I think our first ever TV set (which Karn and his mom were watching), we saw someone take a leak an episode or two ago… all of which makes the universe feel so much more real and lived in than any other installment prior.

So many great conversations this episode too. Mon Mothma divulging to her fellow senator had me on the edge of my seat, Cassian's second conversation with his adopted mother was heartbreaking, and the final Meero scene toward the end were each some of the best writing not only in Star Wars, but on TV right now period.

If anything, it never crossed my mind how cool it would be to witness the inflection point of the Rebels landing their first punch and officially putting themselves on the map. It's just so thrilling to watch everyone react in the aftermath to the heist, and see how galvanized and nervous everyone is now on both sides, that there's no turning back, etc.

A few other tidbits…

- First mention of Palpatine was awesome. Just hearing his name, in this world, is exciting.

- I loved the little bit more we got about Cassian's backstory, where the name Clem came from, and seeing that Cassian too has a very personal reason to hate the Empire, he just hasn't embraced it yet.

- I don't know if that was meant to be the droid who eventually becomes K-2SO or not - I'm assuming no - but either way I literally raised my fist in celebration when he first appeared. What a fun fake out/tease.

- The score for this series is going to make for such great writing/working music, and this episode featured some of my favorite music yet. It really is unlike anything we've heard before in the franchise.

You've obviously missed Lumpy watching the TV on Life Day.

No one really "misses" that. Easily the fourth worst thing to come out of the SW universe
ABATTBQ11
AG
I don't remember seeing it mentioned, but did Luthen have a lightsaber in his meeting with Saw? It's that what they took off him when he arrived?
redline248
AG
I doubt it very much, but I guess it's possible. Looked like a club of some sort.

There is zero chance he's a former Jedi, imo, if that is what anyone is thinking.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'm thinking either that, or he knew one. Might explain how he came across a bunch of the stuff in his shop. It certainly looked like it could be, and it explains his attachment to the kyber crystal he gave Cassian.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I don't remember seeing it mentioned, but did Luthen have a lightsaber in his meeting with Saw? It's that what they took off him when he arrived?

A story for another time.
redline248
AG
I suppose it's possible he was, but he'd have to change his name and stuff to continue living on Coruscant. The Emperor, and more importantly Vader, would be all over him.

Him knowing Jedi, or possibly being in love with one, is probably more likely.
An L of an Ag
AG
Jedi or not, his SHIP seems to have lightsabers that extend from each wing! Finally caught last week's episode tonight.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

I doubt it very much, but I guess it's possible. Looked like a club of some sort.

There is zero chance he's a former Jedi, imo, if that is what anyone is thinking.
agreed. Best case scenario is that it belonged to a Jedi who he had some sort of relationship with and wanted him to have it
jokershady
AG
Just realized the uniform/ceremony clothing that Mon Mothmas daughter is wearing in episode 11 is also being worn by her when we're first introduced to her in this show in the first or second episode….so pretty sure this girl is so in to the old customs that she's definitely going to be all in on an arranged marriage and will most likely play in to season 2
Orome
AG

Screencrush says there's a chance…really cool theory that I hope is right
FancyKetchup14
AG
Put me in the camp of not fiending to see Jedi stuff in this particular series.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I feel like it's almost inescapable within the SW universe. The Force is everywhere, after all
jokershady
AG
I have faith if they add Jedi it'll be frieking awesome!
The Porkchop Express
AG
No way he is a jedi. Too public a face on coruscant.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
ABATTBQ11
AG
double aught
AG
I think some stuff got deleted. Sentences are being extended.
AliasMan02
AG
Terrible idea but seriously considering staying up and watching the finale tonight. Probably won't, but definitely will try to find an hour during the day tomorrow to do it and not wait until after the kids are down.
MandoArms
double aught said:

On program.
IG: mando_arms
jokershady
AG
MandoArms said:

double aught said:

On program.
it's just annooooooooooother day…..and annooooooooooooooother shift
Prosperdick
AG
Gonna watch Glass Onion and the Andor finale tomorrow. Should be a damn good day!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.