*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,700 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Andor is lucky he didn't end up with a broken rib or something. They were pretty high above the water. Not to mention landing on someone else below you.
I thought about that too. I'd either try to haul ass or stay deep (or both) as soon as I hit the water to avoid a guy landing on me. That'd probably end it.
Ornithopter
AG
double aught said:

How far is it to land? Maybe he can fashion a crude flotation device out of his pants or shirt. Or others could help. It's a long shot, but a guy can hope.

I get how it happens, but not knowing how to swim seems almost like not knowing how to run or jump to me. I guess since I learned so young it seems instinctive.

While this show is definitely more edgy than most other Disney+ SW shows, I don't think they are going to dive into extensive male nudity with characters disrobing.
The Collective
AG
I love Rogue One, but... this is the best Star Wars since Empire.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed.
DTP02
AG
TCTTS said:

Half of the planets we see in the Star Wars universe, no way any of their inhabitants know how to swim.

Tatooine, Hoth, the lava planet. No way. Dagobah? You're going swim in monster-infested swamps? Bespin? Nope.

Hopefully our man Kino finds something that floats…

like Ulaf (too soon?).
Chipotlemonger
AG
twilly said:

In reference to the discussion of what were they building in the prison....

I thought about that during the breakout scene. We got to see this picture when Andor went to the prison and saw multiple sites. Wonder if they will just pick up in the next episode with Andor and that other guy he was with or if we see much more of A) other prisoners that broke out, and B) other prisons.

Sounds like maybe these prisons are going to be a key plot point to the entire Andor show if Gilroy said this.
DTP02
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

twilly said:

In reference to the discussion of what were they building in the prison....

I thought about that during the breakout scene. We got to see this picture when Andor went to the prison and saw multiple sites. Wonder if they will just pick up in the next episode with Andor and that other guy he was with or if we see much more of A) other prisoners that broke out, and B) other prisons.

Sounds like maybe these prisons are going to be a key plot point to the entire Andor show if Gilroy said this.

I didn't interpret those comments that way at all. I'd be a little surprised if they spent too much more time on Narkina 5.

I think he's referring to the development of Andor's character. Mainly the mental shift to "die fighting rather than live under their thumb" but also his role as the leader of a successful uprising/ prison break.
The Porkchop Express
Am I the only one who though the top view of the prison looked strikingly like the Empire's symbol?

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
Gilroy said that "season two" thing tongue-in-cheek. I don't even know why/how it warranted an article. He said the same thing in a podcast interview this week, and was clearly joking, so I'm assuming that's the last we ever see of the prison/prisoners. Point is, it doesn't matter what they were making. The whole intent was character-driven, to simply get Cassian from aimless to leader, so mission accomplished in that regard.
TCTTS
AG
You beat me to it, but yes, exactly.
AgfromHOU
AG
The Empire does not believe in subtle imagery
bobinator
AG
I think it's more literal, they're literally building something that's going to be important in season two. Whether it's the death star or just other parts of the imperial fleet or whatever.

I should clarify this because it's both literal and not. I think when he says "they're building season two" he means "the parts they're making are for something important in season two"

But it's not so literal that it means those specific pieces. I assume he means that in season two, how the empire is moving people and parts around is going to be important, how it's shuffling resources, using slave labor, etc.

So they're both literally building parts of season two, and not-so-literally world-building for season two.
The Porkchop Express
A look ahead at stuff we have yet to see in Andor for the final 2 episodes based on the teaser and the trailer. I'm a little fuzzy on if some of these shots have already been seen, but most are not yet part of the show.

**** going down on Ferrix with The Waif at hand.

Not sure if this is Ferrix or not from the first couple of episodes.

Reb meeting at Saw's place.

Somebody forgot the Cheese Whiz

Full-on Miner Riot on Ferrix

This doesn't look familiar either, and they don't just hand out that level of shuttle.

Photo taken right after Boss Nass made Jar Jar a general.

The Fondor ready to mix it up.

3 TIEs, a TIE bomber, and ... my fellow EU nerds, it doesn't have the shape we remember, but could that configuration on the big ship make it seem like an Interdictor Cruiser?

The TIE bomber makes a huge mistake.

Spoiler alert, Darth Maul designed the Fondor

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Ol_Ag_02
AG
It would be a very Disney thing to do if they threw Jar Jar into the last episode of Andor just to piss away all the good will they've earned over the last ten episodes.
The Porkchop Express
Ol_Ag_02 said:

It would be a very Disney thing to do if they threw Jar Jar into the last episode of Andor just to piss away all the good will they've earned over the last ten episodes.
Jar Jar is the real Axis.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Collective
AG
I kind of wonder how great Rogue One might have been if Gilroy had been there from the start.
StinkyPinky
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Shut your mouth
bobinator
AG
I assume some of y'all have seen The Imitation Game, that scene where Luthen is saying they'll have to sacrifice the 50 men reminded me of the scene where they can't tell a ship that it's about to be attacked because then the Germans would know that they'd broken the enigma machine.

A real "oh s***" moment when you realize that's the length they have to go to.
bobinator
AG
Or the ultimate capper for this season to do it in a way that's somehow so good and fitting that everyone loses their minds.
The Porkchop Express
When Luthen's assistant suggested the meaning down levels was a trap, I had a brief hope that Admiral Ackbar was about to crash the show.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Yousa thinkin Luthen gonna die?
redline248
AG
The Collective said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Yousa thinkin Luthen gonna die?
Hello, rellow febels.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I don't know if it's been said yet, but a prison break is just a great metaphor for a rebellion against a fascist empire at large.

People living in a stifling system that controls every aspect aspect of their life and increasingly squeezes out all hope until they crack and all their fears, frustrations, and hopes explode yearning for freedom.
Thanks and gig'em
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

$10 bucks says TC has no idea who these 2 characters are because the movie came out 20 years ago.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Collective said:

I love Rogue One, but... this is the best Star Wars since Empire.

I don't think they're comparable. Rogue One had to fit into a feature length timeframe and is only like 2 hours. Andor has like 9 hours a season.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

TCTTS said:

In all the hoopla, I forgot about Mon Mothma essentially having to wh*re her daughter out for the rebellion. Talk about a sacrifice. Here we were thinking her husband or daughter were ultimately going to rat her out, but of course Gilroy flipped it and will likely make us look at Mon very differently by the time we see her again in the OT, considering the choice she's almost assuredly going to make...

This was really well done, though I think the son will not be as bad as she thinks. Or maybe he'll be way worse.

Next week when the son makes his entrance
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

TCTTS said:

$10 bucks says TC has no idea who these 2 characters are because the movie came out 20 years ago.

Clearly that's Tony Gilroy and Andor Fans.

I wonder if she's related to Only Fans?
bobinator
AG
The daughter is going to like the guy right? But the husband/dad will know what's up.
TCTTS
AG
Oooh that's good.
redline248
AG
This might be the best post you've ever made
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Does it really take it months to restart a hydroelectric power station?
Ornithopter
AG
No, couple hours maybe to get everything up and synced with the grid depending on how automated it is.
Ornithopter
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Jar Jar is the real Axis.

Gilroy would need to contact the FBI to go into hiding.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.