*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

202,459 Views | 1987 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABATTBQ11
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of sexual tension between Syril and Meero.... or is it just me?
Hulla Baller
AG
OnlyForNow said:

The Porkchop Express
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Just you.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Prime0882
AG

Maybe the sexual tension is because she voiced Yennefer back in the Witcher 3 (just learned this) and she can't help but sound sultry?
chase128
AG
Oh my gosh
jeffk
AG
boogieman said:

Damn, that's a dirty trick by the Empire. Just released to another level?

This confused me. Did they release a guy but then re-arrest him and ship him back? Or did they not ever release a guy and instead just moved him to a new level? Because that second option is a terrible plan that would always lead to a riot.
Hulla Baller
AG
jeffk said:

boogieman said:

Damn, that's a dirty trick by the Empire. Just released to another level?

This confused me. Did they release a guy but then re-arrest him and ship him back? Or did they not ever release a guy and instead just moved him to a new level? Because that second option is a terrible plan that would always lead to a riot.
I'm pretty sure it's the second one. It's part of this new initiative they rolled out because of the heist. The Emperor was just looking for an excuse to enact this new law IMO.
jeffk
AG
That seems really shortsighted. Sending prisoners right back into lockup where they'd immediately foment a rebellion and force their extermination seems contrary to productive.
Hulla Baller
AG
jeffk said:

That seems really shortsighted. Sending prisoners right back into lockup where they'd immediately foment a rebellion and force their extermination seems contrary to productive.
Is it shortsighted though?
chase128
AG
Or they meant to send the prisoner to another detention facility at another planet/location. They got sent back to Narkina 5 instead of the new place
TCTTS
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
Really???

I think it's a nightingale kinda thing, he is in love with her because she "saved" him.
jeffk
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

OnlyForNow said:

Just you.

There's some sort of infatuation there, but it's not sexual.
jeffk
AG
chase128 said:

Or they meant to send the prisoner to another detention facility at another planet/location. They got sent back to Narkina 5 instead of the new place

Yeah, they said the empire made "a mistake." But they also stressed the different levels. It's no big deal, just kind of a weird plot device/execution.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
My question and maybe it's been answered but, didn't they increase everyone's sentence because of the heist. I know they increased sentences but didn't they also increase the sentences of those incarcerated? I ask because Ulaf had only 4q shift left and Kino is in the mid 200s. Maybe I misunderstood earlier in the season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Broken record, but I love this freaking show. This prison arc might be my favorite yet. I'm even more amped for next episode than I was for the heist.

That final line from Serkis was fist pump worthy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Oh, and I need a Syril Karn serial killer Star Wars spin-off ASAP. That dude is an absolute psychopath, and it would be amazing to watch him completely disassociate, go on some kind of righteous, Dexter-esque, galaxy-wide killing spree, as we follow a bickering pair of buddy cop space detectives trying to track him down.

His arc took a serious turn, and quick.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At this risk of sounding creepy, was anyone else really curious to hear those children's screams after all that buildup?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
oragator
Yeah, that dude is hella unhinged. There are so many ways they could send him.
jeffk
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

At this risk of sounding creepy, was anyone else really curious to hear those children's screams after all that buildup?

No risk. You sound creepy.
TCTTS
AG
Here's the exact dialogue from the final scene...

RHASIV
They made a mistake. A man who was just released on four ended up back on two the next day. Word got out on the floor and then they killed them all.

KINO
If he was released…

RHASIV
You heard me.

CASSIAN
No one's getting out, are they?

RHASIV
Not now. Not after this.

So, it seems that reintegrating the prisoner back into the prison wasn't done on purpose. Perhaps it was more of a clerical/system error or something along those lines. Either way, the prisoners on two realized this, then likely panicked and got out of line (hence Rhasiv warning Kino, "You'll want to keep your men in line."). One of Cassian's prison mates even says earlier in the episode, "They could keep us here forever if they wanted," so I'm sure that fear simply manifested itself on level two, they were caught "making trouble" (according to Zinska, the other shift manager), so then the entire level was fried, both shifts, all one hundred men.

And now, because of that "trouble," it appears that no one is going to be released going forward. They're just going to extend their shift counts, like they already did earlier when everyone's shift counts were doubled because of Aldhani, before Cassian arrived - or - get rid of shift counts altogether. Kino now realizes this, hence essentially agreeing to aid in the escape with his final line.
jeffk
AG
Thanks. I was intending on going to back to watch to try to make that make more sense.
The Porkchop Express
AG
It has to be noted that TC can't remember any names from Lord of the Rings but knows the name of the prison doctor from one scene of a TV show that has been available for 19 hours.
TCTTS
AG
All I did was turn the subtitles on and pause it a couple times to transcribe. I was going to call him "doctor" until the subtitles gave his name.
PatAg
AG
I think there was also talk about "you'll wish you died peacefully if you have another week like this" and I took it to mean the whole prison, not just them.
To me implying they could all be fried like level 2 soon.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I think it was a combination of "They could fry all of us just the same" + now having to work knowing they're likely never leaving.
PatAg
AG
Death count of this show is about to go up
RebAg13
AG
We are the Aggies, The Aggies are We
Malachi Constant
AG
The guy who mon mothma is going to meet about getting a loan is the same guy Luthen was trying to get Saw Guerrera to meet in the last episode. Whoever it is will be really important.

Lots of other cool notes from the ScreenCrush video too.
TCTTS
AG
Unless it's the same person going by two different aliases, that's not accurate.

Luthen wants Saw to meet Anto Kreegyr.

Tay wants Mon to meet Davo Sculdun.

Kreegyr is a rebel. Sculdun is a wealthy "thug"/gangster.

Kreegyr, however, *is* the rebel the ISB already knows about, whose pilot is reported captured in the second-to-last scene of the latest episode, the one the ISB is going to kill to make it look like an accident. The pilot gave up intel that there's going to be a rebel raid "planned on the power station at Spellhaus." This is the same job Luthen wants Saw to help out with. "[Kreegyr]'s been probing the Imperial power station at Spellhaus. He's found a weakness in the defenses," Luthen explained to him.

So, it sounds like all roads are pointing to Spellhaus for the homestretch. Luthen, potentially Saw and his gang, the ISB, and I'm guessing Cassian & co eventually as well.
Prosperdick
AG

Prosperdick said:

Big fat 2 minute tease of tonight's episode. Sort of hoping the Astros game goes 25 innings and I can just turn on Andor when the last out is made.

You have completely lost your predictive powers. The way we look tonight I'm not sure we have 25 innings left in the World Series. Hope I'm wrong.

At least I have Andor as a distraction!

I've predicted the score right for 3 of the astros 10 playoff games. Nobody else has done it for even one!
No way you predicted tonight!!!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

Prosperdick said:

Big fat 2 minute tease of tonight's episode. Sort of hoping the Astros game goes 25 innings and I can just turn on Andor when the last out is made.

You have completely lost your predictive powers. The way we look tonight I'm not sure we have 25 innings left in the World Series. Hope I'm wrong.

At least I have Andor as a distraction!

I've predicted the score right for 3 of the astros 10 playoff games. Nobody else has done it for even one!
No way you predicted tonight!!!

I actually missed the first 4 innings help settle a domestic dispute next door. Glad we won though!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
Solid episode once again but man like most of y'all curious about the clarification on the guy who got moved from 4 to 2 and caused the deaths of everyone on 2 would be ideal.

Still a solid episode

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.