*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

182,630 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I also think Andor is definitely part of a breakout, as opposed to being plucked out by Meero, as there's still this shot from the trailers, of Andor with wet hair swinging at pipe-looking object at something on a wall...

bobinator
AG
Yeah I took that as an example of the empire compartmentalizing information.

The Death Star itself is being built at Geonosis, which is a secret, but that the imperial information vault itself on Scarif is also potentially a secret is interesting.
bobinator
AG
Nah, shift 51, Andor is mad that his team finished last, punches the scoreboard.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of my good Star Wars buddies (even went to Celebration with me) hasn't watched Andor and I've been begging him to try it again. (He said he got bored in episode one.)

It truly saddens me that this isn't a bigger show.
Mathguy64
AG
The problem with episode 1 is it's 1/3 of the real episode 1. You really have to watch 1-3 at the same time.
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

One of my good Star Wars buddies (even went to Celebration with me) hasn't watched Andor and I've been begging him to try it again. (He said he got bored in episode one.)

It truly saddens me that this isn't a bigger show.

Sever ties with him until he watches it.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
pocketrockets06
AG
Am I the only one who remembers Andor has been in an Imperial prison before? I swear when the corporate security people pull up his mug shot in episode 2 they mention prison time for sedition and insurrection against imperial order or something like that. It may be the result of him assaulting the storm troopers after his dad was hung but he's been in this spot before.
The Porkchop Express
pocketrockets06 said:

Am I the only one who remembers Andor has been in an Imperial prison before? I swear when the corporate security people pull up his mug shot in episode 2 they mention prison time for sedition and insurrection against imperial order or something like that. It may be the result of him assaulting the storm troopers after his dad was hung but he's been in this spot before.
From Wookiepedia

Enraged at the execution of his father, Andor traveled to Rix Road while his father's body still hung to confront four clone stormtroopers with a baton.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cassian_Jeron_Andor#cite_note-Announcement-22][22][/url] Alongside the destruction of Imperial property, Andor had a charge for attacking an Imperial soldier on his record.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cassian_Jeron_Andor#cite_note-Episode_2-3][3][/url] Andor claimed that he was forced to fight for the Empire on the swampworld Mimban after leaving prison when he was sixteen years old.[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cassian_Jeron_Andor#cite_note-Episode_4-6][6][/url]
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
bobinator
AG
He's been arrested before - and probably in the local imperial jail, (according to above info) - but he hasn't been in "this spot" before.

If anything he seems absolutely overwhelmed at the scale of it at first. I think that itself is one more checkmark on his way from "keep my head low" to "help steal top secret plans from a fortified imperial planet."
double aught
AG
You guys have covered pretty much everything, but I still wanted to chime in and say how much I'm loving this show. Some obvious stuff:

Diego Luna did a lot of acting with just his face this episode and was up to the task.
Love the music on the show.
Bix is really hot.

The Porkchop Express
Watching Bix run was the gift that kept on giving last episode.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
TCTTS
AG
How did you access Hobbit mode?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Mathguy64 said:

If they arent just random widgets, I like them as the end cross braces on the wings of a TIE fighter. They need a lot of them because they lose a lot of them.
I also though TIE Fighter while watching that part of the show, but the TIE was built by Seinar Systems for the Empire. I was under the impression that the Empire controlled that floating prison, and wouldn't think Imperial prisoners would be co-opted into producing these fighters. But maybe I'm just overthinking this.
#FJB
redline248
AG
The shot he posted was my favorite of the episode. That booty deserves to be shown off.
redline248
AG
It's pretty easy to look up images of TIE fighters and compare them to the parts being made in Andor's prison floor.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
redline248 said:

It's pretty easy to look up images of TIE fighters and compare them to the parts being made in Andor's prison floor.
I get that. As I said, my initial thought was the TIE Fighter, specifically the piece connecting the wing panels to the fuselage.
#FJB
Prosperdick
AG
double aught said:

You guys have covered pretty much everything, but I still wanted to chime in and say how much I'm loving this show. Some obvious stuff:

Diego Luna did a lot of acting with just his face this episode and was up to the task.
Love the music on the show.
Bix is really hot.

jokershady
AG
Calling my shot that the old man in the prison gets taken out by someone on the team or even the "warden" due to his poor performance screwing up their ranking.

Love this show so much….sucks that we only have 4 episodes left!!!
bobinator
AG
Took me a bit to place that guy last episode. He's The Broker from Guardians.
The Porkchop Express
Several Disney+ ads during the World Series last night reminding us there's still a scene of Cassian flying a TIE coming up at some point.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Prosperdick
AG
So I usually trust Alan Sepinwall's reviews but he basically didn't like Andor and REALLY didn't like Luna's remark about how it's a 12 hour movie. I just don't get it...is Alan so anti-movie and pro-TV that he thinks that a 12 hour movie (done really well) is somehow a bad thing?

Wouldn't we want the slow form narrative from TV combined with incredible special effects and set pieces. To be fair, Alan tweeted out the most recent episode was "cooking with gas, or maybe cooking with a really hot floor" so he may have come around but the show doesn't get weekly reviews like some other shows.

I know I shouldn't care...he's a critic after all but just thought his criticism of a 12 hour movie was odd.
The Porkchop Express
In the age of the Internet, there are about 99% too many movie critics.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Prosperdick
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Very true but Alan is a TV critic, which might explain his disdain for the 12 hour movie comment, but I still found it odd because he usually is a really good critic/TV reviewer.
Average Joe
AG

There are 100% too many. Watch movies that are interesting to you and form your own opinion.
TCTTS
AG
I used to love reading Sepinwall, but he's had some super weird opinions the past few years. For instance, he doesn't like Succession either, which is basically considered the best writing on TV, has won every Emmy, etc. Just feels like he's past his prime now, for whatever reason, and a relic of the Golden Age of TV, when he was the go-to for The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, etc.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I used to love reading Sepinwall, but he's had some super weird opinions the past few years. For instance, he doesn't like Succession either, which is basically considered the best writing on TV, has won every Emmy, etc. Just feels like he's past his prime now, for whatever reason, and a relic of the Golden Age of TV, when he was the go-to for The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, etc.

That's been my experience as well. I guess it's natural for someone to eventually lose their fastball , for one reason or another.
PatAg
AG
Average Joe said:

There are 100% too many. Watch movies that are interesting to you and form your own opinion.

I don't agree with this. A good critic provides a lot of value, or is great for creating discussion on a topic. I just think most people aren't providing quality reviews anymore and the vast majority have dubious integrity
Prosperdick
AG
TCTTS said:

I forgot about his disdain for Succession...that's the reason I didn't watch it for the longest time and then binged it over the summer and was like Alan, WTF?
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
That is just hilarious
cbr
AG
It's still not proven he's not the secret Sith Lord behind it all
An L of an Ag
AG
Just caught up. Downer of an episode, but damn! The production and acting in this continues to be off the charts compared to what I'm used to seeing from a Star Wars offering.

Best thing on TV right now, and there really isn't a close second.
pocketrockets06
AG
I realized tonight what this show reminds me of and it's "The Night Manager". The pacing, acting, sense of menace, it's all there.
PatAg
AG
pocketrockets06 said:

I realized tonight what this show reminds me of and it's "The Night Manager". The pacing, acting, sense of menace, it's all there.
That show did not get the attention it deserved

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.