*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

203,494 Views | 1987 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABATTBQ11
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie_Journalist
AG
After the last episode, I actually checked to see if that was the whole season because it felt like a strong note to end on. I was happy to see that we're nowhere near done!

There are so many directions this show can go from here. If I had to make some guesses:
Andor will return to his home planet at some point to lay low. Skarsgard will find him there to get him back in the cause.
The female imperial intelligence officer will uncover Mon Mothma and Skarsgard's ring and drive them into hiding by the end of the season.
Andor will definitely read the manifesto and experience other events that complete his evolution from selfish Mercenary to revolutionary. This is his character arc. He's basically a darker Han Solo with more depth.
Thanks and gig'em
PatAg
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

After the last episode, I actually checked to see if that was the whole season because it felt like a strong note to end on. I was happy to see that we're nowhere near done!

There are so many directions this show can go from here. If I had to make some guesses:
Andor will return to his home planet at some point to lay low. Skarsgard will find him there to get him back in the cause.
The female imperial intelligence officer will uncover Mon Mothma and Skarsgard's ring and drive them into hiding by the end of the season.
Andor will definitely read the manifesto and experience other events that complete his evolution from selfish Mercenary to revolutionary. This is his character arc. He's basically a darker Han Solo with more depth.
I think the fact that he took it at all means he has already decided to join. He just may not consciosuly know it yet.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Where's your 3 AM review?

This week has been nuts with work and house stuff. Had painters showing up to my place at 8 am, which meant getting up at 7, which meant needing to go to bed before 1 am. So I watched it last night and loved it. And because it was so action heavy, I didn't have a ton to add that hadn't already been said.
TCTTS
AG
Going forward, I don't think we've seen a single shot from the trailers/commercials of Cassian that wasn't in the first six episodes. We've seen Mon at another fancy social event, and we've seen Luthen meeting with Saw Gerrera, but that's about it. Nothing Cassian related. Like others, I'm assuming he goes back to his home planet, but I'm also wondering if they have him doing something they've wanted to keep secret until next week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Only shot I can think of is that fancy event that Faraday from Lost is attending.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Like others, I'm assuming he goes back to his home planet

Episode 7 opening:

Andor*

Andor is never seen again.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I just checked all three trailers again and there's seriously not a single shot of Cassian that we haven't already seen. There are more shots than I remembered of Mon and Luthen not yet seen in any episode, a couple new characters we haven't been introduced to, and some locations we haven't yet been to, but NOTHING of Cassian. So weird...
TCTTS
AG
Wait, no, I take that back. Found one that's super quick. Not on his home plant either. I won't post it here, even though I have no idea what it means.
beagle2009
AG
Nm
LB12Diamond
AG
He dead
jeffk
AG
All those shots of the TIEs getting prepped with the reflections of the Eye on all the surfaces was incredible.
redline248
AG
I expected Andor to shoot the colonel when he pulled the gun.
jokershady
AG
Post it it ain't a spoiler
jokershady
AG
Care to go down a path?

How poorly would the whole heist sequence have gone had it been filmed in the big TV room and done by the Kenobi director?
redline248
AG
The imperial's son would have run off and it would have taken 3 of the rebels and 10 minutes to catch him.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
LB12Diamond said:

He dead

The guy in Rogue one is his evil twin. Brilliant
TCTTS
AG
jokershady said:

Post it it ain't a spoiler

Ha, yeah, it's not against the "rules," I just know people might b*tch. But whatever. At the halfway point, with six episodes left, here's everything of substance from the trailers we haven't seen yet...

Cassian as part of whoever these guys are...

Then I did actually find a shot of Cassian on Ferrix, along with Vel and Lieutenant Meero...

Luthen meeting with Saw and his gang...

Mon Mothma doing her thing, with who looks to be Vel in the last shot...

Two shots of Cinta I don't remember seeing...

No idea who this woman is...

And no idea what base this is...
jeffk
AG
How dare you... post so many large images?
LB12Diamond
AG
Isn't the woman the helper in the antique store?
PatAg
AG
Pretty sure that base is where they locked up.the avengers
twilly
AG
Maybe the helper is Cassian's sister? Could explain how Luthen knows a lot about Andor?
TCTTS
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Isn't the woman the helper in the antique store?

Oh yeah, I think you're right.
CondensedFogAggie
Aggie_Journalist said:

There are so many directions this show can go from here.

Given that the Rogue 1 people made Andor, I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the fate of most people in the show.
LB12Diamond
AG
I thought her character name was Leah but it's Kleya.
OnlyForNow
AG
The battered xwing looks pretty awesome.
The Porkchop Express
AG
PatAg said:

Pretty sure that base is where they locked up.the avengers
I thought it was where Sean Archer went to get the info about the bomb out of Pollux Troy.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
gougler08
AG
This show is awesome. That is all
TroyMc
That was such a great episode. The intensity. The visuals. Why couldn't they all be like this?
StinkyPinky
AG
jeffk said:

All those shots of the TIEs getting prepped with the reflections of the Eye on all the surfaces was incredible.

That for me took this to another stratosphere. I love the dark direction and humanization of the story. To see the actual mechanics of deploying the ships (very realistic and relatable) the pilots getting into the ships, and the sinister feel and sound just took it to another level. Even the launch of the transport was spectacular and had me jumping out of my seat. Even the sound of the blasters had an eery and aggressive note that added to the reality. Loved it.
AgLaw02
AG
This is easily my favorite show on tv right now.
MandoArms
I wonder what Mon Mothma and the unseated Chancellor Valorum are chatting about? Could he be the possible help she was referencing?
IG: mando_arms
The Porkchop Express
AG
MandoArms said:

I wonder what Mon Mothma and the unseated Chancellor Valorum are chatting about? Could he be the possible help she was referencing?
It's not Valorum. The character's name is listed as Tay Kolma. Based on the name structures, you would assume he is from the same planet as Mon Mothma.
MandoArms
Oh interesting. Thought for sure they brought him back.
IG: mando_arms
The Porkchop Express
AG
MandoArms said:

Oh interesting. Thought for sure they brought him back.
I thought that s well seeing the trailer, but when you consider how old Terrence Stamp looks in TPM, it wouldn't have made any sense. This guy is clearly younger than Stamp was in 1999.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.