*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

202,424 Views | 1987 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABATTBQ11
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man that was awesome! As has been the case thus far with this show they leave you wanting more!

Expected the Empire to show something with regards to retaliation and we get a hint at the end which was perfect.

So….is the officer traitor to the empire really dead? We see him seemingly get shot in the shoulder when the shootout starts and he's on the ground the rest of the time…..any chance the capture him and try to get information out of him? Or perhaps the Indian rebel who got away?

Big mystery where they go from here but obviously they're going to get information on someone who was there somehow. The wife and kid got a good look at their faces but other than that not sure how else they're gonna know who was there.

So right now there's these major plot lines that we'll find out more on next Wednesday:

1. Empire's retaliation
2. Andor's next steps (back to Ferix? Might be a bad idea)
3. The money getting back to Luthen
4. Mon's recruit still hasn't shown up…
Engine10
AG
Mind is racing now on what they buy first with the money gonna nerd out a sec
===

Raid complete and flush with cash, Cassian and the gang do what any good soldier with his first paycheck would do - head down to the local Incom dealership and cop a few starfighters for the boys.

(On the lot)
*slaps the nose* yeahh buddy the T-65B is the one that changed it all for us. 4 cannons to the foils, optional proton torpedo launcher, astromech capable, and enough hyperdrive to have you hittin imperial targets at breakfast and across the galaxy in time for dinner. Empire dropped our bid in favor of those damn TIEs, so I tell you what, you finance with us today - I can part with one for 175,000 credits.

Cassian opens up the shuttle bay showing the raid money. "Give us 12, and call your contact at Koensayr to throw in a few Y's as well. This is the beginning of a very good day for you, if you play your cards right"
jokershady
AG
Engine10 said:

Mind is racing now on what they buy first with the money gonna nerd out a sec
===

Raid complete and flush with cash, Cassian and the gang do what any good soldier with his first paycheck would do - head down to the local Incom dealership and cop a few starfighters for the boys.

(On the lot)
*slaps the nose* yeahh buddy the T-65B is the one that changed it all for us. 4 cannons to the foils, optional proton torpedo launcher, astromech capable, and enough hyperdrive to have you hittin imperial targets at breakfast and across the galaxy in time for dinner. Empire dropped our bid in favor of those damn TIEs, so I tell you what, you finance with us today - I can part with one for 175,000 credits.

Cassian opens up the shuttle bay showing the raid money. "Give us 12, and call your contact at Koensayr to throw in a few Y's as well. This is the beginning of a very good day for you, if you play your cards right"
it's amazing how easy it is to hear Cassians voice with this
jokershady
AG
Here we go….my prediction….

Cassian is going to read something in that manifesto that's going to make him question things and return back to his family….that's where crap is going to go south for him and his family/friends….

Also….bold prediction here….his sister who haven't had mentioned since the first episode is going to come back up at some point….and she's going to be working for the empire

EDIT: and that engineer did die…..curious if the retaliation is going to be more about his death than the money stolen….
The Porkchop Express
AG
There is some speculation that a time jump occurs for the next episode.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
jokershady
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

cant be much of one this whole first season takes place 5 BBY

all the time jumps start in season 2
94AGBQ
AG
I wonder if the Indian girl ended up killing the hostages. She seemed to be crying as she exited the base. Since her family was wiped out by imperial troops I could easily see her doing this. It would make sense for her to do it too since the hostages could identify the heist crew.
BoydCrowder13
Aggie_Journalist said:

I've been avoiding this thread because I started late, but I just got all caught up and man, this is a solid show. It feels like we're coming at Star Wars from *gasp* a new angle. Every character feels like they have depth, as if someone wrote a whole back story for each of them, even if we're only getting glimpses of who they are. It's like we finally got a show that isn't cashing its chips on "Star Wars" and is instead investing in world building and good writing.

This is so what Star Wars live action needed.

I love Star Wars but I've always thought it was crazy that the world outside of Jedi/Sith was so largely unexplored. Heck outside of a single family.

There is literally a whole galaxy to explore with endless numbers of characters and backstories. It is great that they are branching out.
cbr
AG
was i the only one thinking the survivor dude was just testing andor's loyalty with that spiel?

And then like - oh well, doesnt matter now after the greedo-lik blasting.

I mean, if the dude wanted the money, why not just kill andor and take it by himself?
The Porkchop Express
AG
cbr said:

was i the only one thinking the survivor dude was just testing andor's loyalty with that spiel?

I mean, if the dude wanted the money, why not just kill andor and take it by himself?

Because he couldn't fly the ship.
cbr
AG

cbr said:

Heard him say it, still not sure though…
redline248
AG
cbr said:

cbr said:

Heard him say it, still not sure though…
Part of Andor's criteria for even staying on the mission was that he fly bc he realized no one else could.
TCTTS
AG
jokershady said:

cant be much of one this whole first season takes place 5 BBY

all the time jumps start in season 2

Seeing as the show has only covered a few days so far, and this season is apparently supposed to cover roughly one year, I can definitely see a multi-month time jump next week. Especially since this was the first of the six episodes that ended in such a way where we have next to no clue what's to come, save for the Empire now being on the hunt.
cbr
AG
Yeah, i recall now. I guess im so used to everyone in sw universe being able to fly. Thx
PatAg
AG
I'm expecting one of the many people that Cassian owes money to will make an appearance next episode. Since I imagine he is headed back to his planet at this point.
Will also be interesting to see what sort of reprisal has happened in his absence, as we know that was happening while he was on this mission.
Prosperdick
AG
I enjoyed it when Cassian gave back the everlasting crystalstopper to Vel to give back to Luthen Wonka.

Seriously though, fantastic episode...great tension throughout bouncing between the spectacular effects of the Eye, the hymnal singing from the Dhanis, and the heist shootout and getaway.

Just one question, I may need to go back and rewatch but was Taramyn's shooting awful as expected from a former stormtrooper? I really hope they didn't show him making a single kill. That would be perfect.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where's your 3 AM review?
redline248
AG
I will be disappointed if Andor goes back to Ferix, or wherever he was before. He has to know how stupid that would be.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

I will be disappointed if Andor goes back to Ferix, or wherever he was before. He has to know how stupid that would be.
maybe he gets wind of the empire's presence there and how it's all gone to crap and that's what drives him to return
bobinator
AG
My guess is he tries to go back, realizes he can't but finds a way to get the money he owes to everyone he owes it to, and then he goes off to join the rebellion because it's the only place he can go.
PatAg
AG
I'm expecting for there to be a reason to compel him to actually physically go there.
bobinator
AG
I do want to talk about this post from Porkchop

Quote:

2) The very telling scene in the Senate. Watching A New Hope a million times, you always wonder how the Emperor can just shut down the Senate like that, and now you see it - they don't even care about making change and helping people. They don't even show up for their own sessions, and if they do, they don't bother paying attention. Granted, the news of the raid was distracting, but there was barely anyone there in the first place.

I don't think this is quite right. They probably did care before Palpatine declared himself emperor.

But that's the genius of Palpatine's move. He didn't dissolve the senate, he kept it around as the imperial senate, to publicly create the sense that it was them not getting things done.

"Oh your planet is having X issue? Well the emperor could just fix it, but you know these senate committees, it's tied up in discussions and now all these special interests and whatnot are involved. what can I do?"

Meanwhile, the people in the senate know that Palpatine and his people are the reason things aren't getting done. Over time they can't do anything, so they stop trying.

That's why be the time he does officially dissolve the senate later on nobody cares.
bobinator
AG

Quote:

Just one question, I may need to go back and rewatch but was Taramyn's shooting awful as expected from a former stormtrooper? I really hope they didn't show him making a single kill. That would be perfect.
I had a question about this that maybe someone who has the Star Wars canon timeline better memorized.

He'd have had to be one of the first stormtroopers right? When did the empire start conscripting them?
OnlyForNow
AG
You probably had some stormtroopers mixed with clones towards the end of the clone wars.

End of the clone wars was 19 years BBY. So that's 20 years when they coulda been putting in regular joes as troopers.

Probably had lots of planet security/military based individual troopers that got swallowed up by the empire during the ~20 years between end of CW and before BBY. We also know that Cassin spent time as an imperial solider...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Maybe the stormtroopers suck at shooting because their helmets don't give them depth perception?

As soon as they take the helmet off, they are John Wick.
OnlyForNow
concac
AG
What do y'all think will happen to Cinta?
bobinator
AG
She's Sauron.

Wait my bad, got my "The Eye" episodes mixed up.
The Porkchop Express
AG
bobinator said:

I do want to talk about this post from Porkchop

Quote:

2) The very telling scene in the Senate. Watching A New Hope a million times, you always wonder how the Emperor can just shut down the Senate like that, and now you see it - they don't even care about making change and helping people. They don't even show up for their own sessions, and if they do, they don't bother paying attention. Granted, the news of the raid was distracting, but there was barely anyone there in the first place.

I don't think this is quite right. They probably did care before Palpatine declared himself emperor.

But that's the genius of Palpatine's move. He didn't dissolve the senate, he kept it around as the imperial senate, to publicly create the sense that it was them not getting things done.

"Oh your planet is having X issue? Well the emperor could just fix it, but you know these senate committees, it's tied up in discussions and now all these special interests and whatnot are involved. what can I do?"

Meanwhile, the people in the senate know that Palpatine and his people are the reason things aren't getting done. Over time they can't do anything, so they stop trying.

That's why be the time he does officially dissolve the senate later on nobody cares.
That's what I was saying. Once Palpatine took over, they realized that they had no power. But even when Palpatine was merely SUpreme Chancellor, the Senate was already polarized into the SEnators that just want to be rich and famous and line their pockets, and the ones like Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, and Padme, who were trying to do good.

bobinator
AG
I just think your description puts it all on the senators themselves when it's mostly Palpatine's fault (during the events we see in Andor.)

No question that previous failings of the senate contributed to an environment where a totalitarian ruler could rise up and many people would welcome it, though some of those failings (during the early events of Episode 1) were also being orchestrated by Palpatine.

The point is true, that the senate is powerless and everyone knows it, but I just thought your description made it sounds like the senator's fault and not the emperors.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator said:

She's Sauron.

Wait my bad, got my "The Eye" episodes mixed up.
Holy crap, you're right. I knew they were both called The Eye, but I didn't even make the connection.

And in the same week, too. Almost seems too coincidental to be an accident.
bobinator
AG
House of the Dragon missed a chance to go 3/3 with the episode before last, would have fit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Eye see what you did there.
Faustus

OnlyForNow said:

I was also sure that the Dhanis were going to break out hidden weapons and attack the troopers left to guard them.
I thought that as well, especially after the speech about how easy they are to manipulate. But this show is doing some hard left turns where most other shows go right. The non-chalant brutality of the Empire is really shining through here in the worst (best) ways.
Threatening to kill the commandant's wife and sickly kid with guns at their heads to force the commandant to their plan to steal money didn't exactly paint the rebels in the best light either.

The Porkchop Express
AG
bobinator said:

I just think your description puts it all on the senators themselves when it's mostly Palpatine's fault (during the events we see in Andor.)

No question that previous failings of the senate contributed to an environment where a totalitarian ruler could rise up and many people would welcome it, though some of those failings (during the early events of Episode 1) were also being orchestrated by Palpatine.

The point is true, that the senate is powerless and everyone knows it, but I just thought your description made it sounds like the senator's fault and not the emperors.
That was definitely not my intent. The Senate wasn't even able to do much when palpatine was Supreme Chancellor. Everything he wanted he got.

By the way,

Colonel Petigar from the most recent episode

was the prisoner whose leg Starlord steals for Rocket in GOTG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.