*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,783 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of things we might expect, I have one that isn't based on any specific character.
Rogue One had that incredible scene with Vader at the end, I have a thought that they might sneak something of that magnitude into the series somewhere.
jokershady
AG
A small part of me is expecting that the female imperial officer we've been introduced to is going to have some sort of direct connection (and therefore give us a cameo) to Grand Moff Tarkin…..I expect with her basically being right and trying to chase down the beginnings of the rebellion…that after this heist they are planning goes down she's going to some how end up in front of him……cause he gonna be pissed
twilly
AG
Some info on Andor and practical locations
powerbelly
AG
This is the type of Star Wars content I have wanted for years. There is room for so much set in the universe that has nothing to do with Jedi.
The Porkchop Express
jokershady said:

A small part of me is expecting that the female imperial officer we've been introduced to is going to have some sort of direct connection (and therefore give us a cameo) to Grand Moff Tarkin…..I expect with her basically being right and trying to chase down the beginnings of the rebellion…that after this heist they are planning goes down she's going to some how end up in front of him……cause he gonna be pissed
Would be a plot straight out of the Jedi Academy series in Legends with Admiral Daala who was a protege of Tarkin's after making a name for herself at the Imperial Academy on Carida.

"My skills came to the attention of Moff Tarkin, who journeyed to Carida so that he could meet the mysterious individual who had developed such innovative tactics.[…]Tarkin was astonished to learn I was a woman and even more astonished to see that I was a lowly corporal working in the kitchen."Natasi Daala, to Vice-Admiral Pellaeon[url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Natasi_Daala#cite_note-Darksaber-14][14][/url]

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
pocketrockets06
AG
Am I missing the joke here? Henry Thomas isn't in this. Corporate security guy is Francis from Poldark.

Also, my predictions (and I've googled no spoilers)

- The new recruit Mon Monthma mentioned bringing in to Luthen will be Bail Organa. Possibly at the dinner party
- Corporate security guy is going to follow an Inspector Javert story arc with Andor as Jean Val Jean. Basically, he spends the series chasing this "criminal" only to realize he's on the wrong side at the end
- Mon Mothma poisons her husband at some point OR it turns out (in Hunger Games style) he's deeper in the rebellion than he is and just acts the playboy role because he doesn't realize she is in (cell structure for the rebellion)
Average Joe
AG
Two points:

1) this will sound dumb, but I love the behind the scenes of the Empire. All we have gotten to this point is front line military, and now we are getting to see more under the hood.

2) this is the first Star Wars product that could really grab new fans. It's not relying on space magic or heavy sci-fi in order to sell this product. Change a few minor things and this wouldn't be sci-fi at all
jokershady
AG
pocketrockets06 said:

Am I missing the joke here? Henry Thomas isn't in this. Corporate security guy is Francis from Poldark.

Also, my predictions (and I've googled no spoilers)

- The new recruit Mon Monthma mentioned bringing in to Luthen will be Bail Organa. Possibly at the dinner party
- Corporate security guy is going to follow an Inspector Javert story arc with Andor as Jean Val Jean. Basically, he spends the series chasing this "criminal" only to realize he's on the wrong side at the end
- Mon Mothma poisons her husband at some point OR it turns out (in Hunger Games style) he's deeper in the rebellion than he is and just acts the playboy role because he doesn't realize she is in (cell structure for the rebellion)
really cool ideas. I'm thinking though the "new recruit" is more likely Leia…..as I'd expect Bail Organa to already be in this thing since this takes place 5 years after Obiwan

EDIT: Nevermind that doesn't make sense when you take in Mon's and Bails conversation in Rogue One seeing how this is Mon's recruit.

So I guess it could be Bail….but what about if this is Saw Gerreras introduction? During clone wars he's mostly alright and during rebels (which takes place after these) he's more of the terroristic type….so what if this is him (for the time being) officially joining the rebellion and beginning of the terrible relationship he creates that is mentioned in rogue one?
jokershady
AG
Actually the more I think about this there could be some really awesome opportunities taken here with Saw, regardless if he his Mon's recruit….

Cause think back to Rogue One….Cassian and Saw share one moment on screen together and zero dialogue….they only see each other for a brief moment when Cassian is trying to rescue Jyn and they nearly draw weapons on each other….

So how bout this idea….

Saw and Cassian do know each other….heck we'll probably see them go on a mission or several together between season 1 and 2…..until things take the inevitable dark turn that we know Saw's tactics will and Cassian has to make the decision to part ways with him, severing that relationship….

Man I'm excited to see what they do with this!
Duncan Idaho
Saw isn't motha's recruit. He is too violent for her tastes. It is someone that is more the MLK to Saw's Malcolm X.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
pocketrockets06 said:

jokershady
AG
One other idea….don't think they'll do it…..but……

What if it's Ashoka? I might actually scream if it's Ashoka….
powerbelly
AG
jokershady said:

It seems likely that she will show up soon. At least as Fulcrum
The Porkchop Express
One of the greatest moments in SW Animated history!

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
ABATTBQ11
AG
Please no
The Porkchop Express
powerbelly said:

jokershady said:

It seems likely that she will show up soon. At least as Fulcrum
Maybe it's Hera Syndulla.

I really like idea of Mon Mothma being the politician, Luthien getting the tech and pulling off the raids, and Saw Gerrera just punching the Empire right in the mouth, bloody, and extreme. Reminds me a lot of the season of BSG 2004 when the Cylons were running New Caprica and Col Tigh and the Chief were leading the resistance, pulling all kinds of nasty terrorist *****

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
redline248
AG
This is 5BBY, which is running parallel to the first season of Rebels. At this point in time, I'm pretty sure Ahsoka is already working as Fulcrum for Bail. I would bet money on Bail being Mon Mothma's new guy.

Quote:

ISB chick and Henry Thomas will both join the rebels before the season is over.
Zero chance the blonde officer becomes a rebel. I had previously suspected the deputy inspector might, given his failure and straight takeover of his position by the Empire...but I like the other idea someone posted of the ISB officer recruiting him to hunt Andor after this mission.

Regarding Alderaan - I don't think we need any animosity between Bail and the Emperor for Tarkin to blow up the planet. Tarkin was, imo, almost on level with Vader in closeness to the emperor. I believe he could make that kind of call and not worry about any consequence. In ANH, Vader accuses Leia of being a Rebel sympathizer...so Sheev and Tarkin likely already suspect Alderaan as helping the Alliance. Tarkin then says Alderaan will make a great example of the Empire's power...and boom.

I love this show
redline248
AG
oh yeah...the Waif grew up alright
The Porkchop Express
Assuming that they are keeping Rebels' timeline intact as part of the greater timeline of Disney+ shows, which would make sense if the Ghost crew is largely in Ahsoka, then in 5BBY the Spectres (Kanan, Hera, Sabine, Chopper, and Zeb) meet Ezra Bridger on Lothal, meet R2 and 3PO thanks to Bail Organa on a mission, and hit a Imperial convoy with info supplied by Fulcrum (Ahsoka). In that first season, they are largely taking Robin Hood jobs but eventually start relying more and more on Fulcrum despite Kanan's reservations.

Saw is the obvious answer for Mon's ally. I feel like she and Bail Organa would have known each other extensively in the days of the Clone Wars and already been on the same page about what was going on. And although the ROTS scenes are deleted, they're together talking about a Rebellion there before Order 66 even happens.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
powerbelly
AG
I hope it is someone new. I want the universe to expand and not just be a tight network of people we already know.
The Porkchop Express
Also, this timeline is our best shot of getting this scene come to life.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Zero chance the blonde officer becomes a rebel. I had previously suspected the deputy inspector might, given his failure and straight takeover of his position by the Empire...but I like the other idea someone posted of the ISB officer recruiting him to hunt Andor after this mission.

Very possible, but I think the seams have started showing for both of them, and they're beginning to see the corruption and bureaucracy that really controls the Empire.
jeffk
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Saw is the obvious answer for Mon's ally. I feel like she and Bail Organa would have known each other extensively in the days of the Clone Wars and already been on the same page about what was going on. And although the ROTS scenes are deleted, they're together talking about a Rebellion there before Order 66 even happens.

Didn't Cousin-guy mention Saw in a scene this week though? (When he was waking up sleepy Mouse kid, I think.)
BowSowy
AG
redline248 said:

Wow, I could not figure out where I'd seen her before.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two GoT alumni in this episode. (The Waif and Qyburn)

How many is that in Star Wars now?

Danaerys (Solo)
Brienne of Tarth (TFA, TLJ)
Three Eyed Raven (TFA)
Grand Maester Pycelle (ESB)
Nymeria Sand (TROS)
Qyburn (Andor)
The Waif (Andor)

I'm sure there's a bunch more I'm missing.
TCTTS
AG
There are a couple shots and even some dialogue from the trailers of Luthen meeting Saw and his crew in what looks to be some kind of underground setting. Could be a meeting set up by Mon.
643coach
Does no one else think Cinta is Andor's long-lost sister?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
This dude's videos are 30 seconds wrapped up in 9 minutes.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Daniel Faraday confirmed as jumping through time again.
If anything goes wrong, Cassian Andor will be my constant.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Daniel Faraday confirmed as jumping through time again.
If anything goes wrong, Cassian Andor will be my constant.
Not Leia's boat
The Porkchop Express
Also, when does filming on ISB Agent: After Hours start?

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Faustus
Tony Gilroy (creator and show runner) speaks to where Mon Mothma is on her rebel journey:

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/09/andor-syril-karn-mon-mothma-1234764813/

Quote:

. . .
Mon Mothma shows up in Episode 4. What can you tell us about where she's at right now in her own rebel journey?

Anyone who follows the canon she's sort of a Nancy Pelosi character, isn't she? She's kind of trying to do good or whatever she's trying to do, and she's losing I mean, I don't know. She a powerful presence in the Senate but she's facing defeat after defeat after defeat as the Empire is taking over here.
. . .
jokershady
AG
The last thing I want to think about when it comes to Star Wars is politics!!!!

Wait…..
ABATTBQ11
AG
redline248 said:

Yeah she did

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.