*** STAR WARS: ANDOR *** (Disney+)

183,821 Views | 1964 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jeffk
Murder Hornet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really good series so far. Enjoying the grittiness of this part of the star wars universe.

I thought Luthien's cane might have been some sort of lightsaber
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Not a big Star Wars guy. That was fantastic! Do more of that Disney.
The Collective
AG
Man, that was refreshing to watch.
Average Joe
AG
I don't know what the current rule on spoilers is, so I'm just going to put this entire comment in black.

The opening scene of Cassian walking into the brothel reminded me of the club scene in Tron: Legacy (which is one of my favorite scenes). It was so well done.
The Collective
AG
bluefire579
AG
...we were arguing about that?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Porkchop nailed my favorite part of this series so far....they did such a good job of showing the rebellion forming in the average citizens at the end of episode 3.

It wasn't an organized militia like we've seen in the previous SW shows/movie, just average beaten down people who stick together and look out for each other against the overbearing anonymous system in charge. And it wasn't some big uprising, just the little things which Porkchop already pointed out.

Such an efficient, subtle way of showing the average SW citizen's feelings toward the Empire, rather than hitting us over the head with hamhanded, cheesy, cliche action and lines like we've been given in so much other SW stuff.

So, so, hyped for the rest of the season now. Sure wish it was all available now to binge.
bobinator
AG
What a start to this series.
javajaws
AG
Smart. Real. Gritty.

This is the Star Wars we've wanted since Han shot Greedo first.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Duncan Idaho
A star wars show that ****s
jokershady
AG
Only made it through the first episode. Planning on watching 2nd tomorrow and probably 3rd Friday.

Love it so far. Trying to keep up with the different characters we're introduced to as well.
Project Gemini
AG
Cassian gets Felicity Jones AND Adria Arjona
RebAg13
JCRiley09
AG
I haven't finished the episodes and haven't read any of the thread.

But does anyone else have toddler age kids and think the dweeb leading the police force in blue and orange looks like Blippi?
TCTTS
AG
The second episode felt like more of a bridge, and a little lacking, but man, the third episode certainly made up for it. Just incredible. That this show even exists, in this form, is a minor miracle. I can't believe we get nine more episodes/weeks of this.
TCTTS
AG
This is all so well said, and I'm in 100% agreement across the board.
TCTTS
AG
It was driving me nuts that I couldn't figure out where I knew this guy from...

Something about him was vaguely familiar, yet I couldn't quite place him. I just knew I'd seen him in something recently. Finally looked him up, and...

Duncan Idaho
Joaquin Phoenix in a fat suit?
The Collective
AG
I loved the guerilla warfare essentially using a car bomb. The Empire troops were so caught off guard by it.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

It was driving me nuts that I couldn't figure out where I knew this guy from...

Something about him was vaguely familiar, yet I couldn't quite place him. I just knew I'd seen him in something recently. Finally looked him up, and...

Also this guy in Chernobyl seriees
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

The second episode felt like more of a bridge, and a little lacking, but man, the third episode certainly made up for it. Just incredible. That this show even exists, in this form, is a minor miracle. I can't believe we get nine more episodes/weeks of this.
That was why I really thought people should try to watch all 3 in a row, as to me it was clearly their intention with the release strategy and likely written with that in mind.

I'm going to need the rest of the Entertainment Crew to watch these episodes expeditiously .
bobinator
AG
Yeah that's where I knew him from. I was like "it's the voice, I've seen him in something else..."
bobinator
AG
I can see why they went three episodes for sure. That second episode would have been a tough one to stand on its own and it wouldn't have been a very satisfying ending for a premiere event if they just had two.
BowSowy
AG
He looks like Gabe from the Office
PatAg
AG
BowSowy said:

He looks like Gabe from the Office
He really does, (the company security guy leading the investigation)
bobinator
AG
That was the vibe I got, mixed a bit with his character from Silicon Valley.
cbr
AG
I like it. Its not great yet, but it is an interesting sort of underworld / bladerunner-esque feel to it and you can tell it's building slowly into something big. The casting is really good - you can start to get into all of the characters even though they are pretty complex, and even without any blatant tropes or hammy background. Its all nicely subtle.

Who knew a corporate office dork's crusade against orders started the spark of the rebellion?
bobinator
AG
I mean it made it through three episodes, or about two hours of run time, without either the good guys or the bad guys doing something so incomprehensibly stupid and convoluted that it completely blows through any possible sense of realism.

Already that makes it one of the best things Star Wars has ever put on a screen.
PatAg
AG
Even separate from anything strictly story based, this show just cinematically LOOKS better than anything star wars has put out recently (imo).
cbr
AG
bobinator said:

I mean it made it through three episodes, or about two hours of run time, without either the good guys or the bad guys doing something so incomprehensibly stupid and convoluted that it completely blows through any possible sense of realism.

Already that makes it one of the best things Star Wars has ever put on a screen.
Yeah - so far no idiocy, ewoks, major logic and plot holes, woke virtue signaling, deliberately debasing and destroying iconic characters, jar jar binks, or mary poppins moments, so the bar was admittedly pretty low.

The more i think about it the more i like it.
The Collective
AG
Yes, the show makes sense. It is a low bar, but that is where we are at right now. I completely understood the motivation for both the superior officer and the officer who eventually went looking for Cassian. It was a stark contrast to Kenobi where I was left scratching my head multiple times re: decisions made by the villain.
BowSowy
AG
PatAg said:

Even separate from anything strictly story based, this show just cinematically LOOKS better than anything star wars has put out recently (imo).
Agreed, especially the recent shows (ObiWan and BOBF). Compared to those sets, this show's sets seem massive.
tk for tu juan
Enjoyed the first three episodes. My main complaint is the uniforms of the Security Inspection Team, they are just ridiculous looking. Almost the equivalent of the Vespa gang from BoBF.
Flashdiaz
AG
color plays a big part. Empire has basic colors like gray's and whites whereas the Rebellion has a multitude of colors including orange jumpsuits.
bobinator
AG
I actually thought they were really good and sort of ridiculous-on-purpose.

These are contract employees that aren't good enough to work for the actual empire, but they consider themselves as very serious officers. Kind of a rent-a-cop situation. So they act like they're imperial officers with their knock-off uniforms. The one guy even tailoring his own uniform to make it look more like the imperial uniform was a nice touch.

But everyone else makes fun of them, even calling them "blues" I think it was at one point.

I think all of that was very intentional, and really kind of new for Star Wars. The empire obviously can't be everywhere all at once, so they subcontract, and the subcontractor companies are full of wanna-be imperials, full on fraudsters, and people who don't care and are just trying to collect a paycheck. It's that environment that allows the nascent rebellion to "foment" as our guy put it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.