*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,266 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I remember that line from GoT but wasn't sure when that decline started.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah, I remember that line from GoT but wasn't sure when that decline started.

I assume it's just like goldfish. A few generations in a lake and they look like koi. A few generations in a bowl and they end up in a toilet after a week.
Phrasing
AG
Speaking of keeping them in captivity and now knowing that they can bust through layers of stone, wouldn't the dragons just peace out and leave the dragon pit? What's keeping them down there?
M.C. Swag
AG
Plot necessity
Phrasing
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Dragons raised in the dragon pit don't grow as big or as fast as dragons not kept in captivity. Lots of good dragon info in this video.

The first 10 seconds of this video are absolute gold. LOL! Thanks for sending - will watch the whole thing later on. Screencrush does a good job.
Captain Winky
"Don't worry there won't be any spoilers." Immediately after showing a major plot point of an important character getting eaten.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Finale aired last Sunday. Not a spoiler.
Ogre09
AG
Phrasing said:

Speaking of keeping them in captivity and now knowing that they can bust through layers of stone, wouldn't the dragons just peace out and leave the dragon pit? What's keeping them down there?

My dog won't try to go through the clear hinged door on his doghouse. He could easily push it aside, but stops when he feels the solid resistance. Maybe the dragon never tried to bust out until encouraged by a rider it trusted. Their native habitat is solid rock volcano caves, and maybe assumed the dragon pit was equally strong.
AgE2theBONE
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So how was Luke's dragon so much smaller than Drogon?

Are we to assume that it hatched around the same time of his birth, making it 14?

Drogon hatched in S1 and was at least three times the size of Luke's dragon by S8, which was what, 4-5 years later?

Arrax is bigger than Drogon.

Refer to the dragon chart that's been posted on this thread.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luke's dragon? Uh, he's not even close to Drogon. Did you not see how Luke was almost the same height as the dragon?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Counterpoint
AG
Help me decide which puppy to adopt. I've narrowed it down...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bluefire579
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

So how was Luke's dragon so much smaller than Drogon?

Are we to assume that it hatched around the same time of his birth, making it 14?

Drogon hatched in S1 and was at least three times the size of Luke's dragon by S8, which was what, 4-5 years later?

Arrax is bigger than Drogon.

Refer to the dragon chart that's been posted on this thread.

The chart was based on the books, and was done by a fan on reddit, so it's not official. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally made Arrax smaller for the show to play up the disparity in that fight.
canadiaggie
AG
The spoiler-sensitive crew might come after you for that one.
May want to spoiler tag the image, j/s.
Drake aTm
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

This is pretty cool. Didn't realize how big caraxes was
AgE2theBONE
AG
My apologies on the Drogon/Arrax size comparison.

I'd seen the chart that showed Arrax was larger so I figured I was just remembering Drogon as being bigger than he actually was, but the still images from the shows make clear Drogon was quite larger.

Arrax clearly had some chihuahua delusion in him, going after Vhagar like that, and Vhagar is clearly cranky as hell in her old age.
Phrasing
AG
"Cranky as hell". Lol. I'm dying.

Totally agree. I'm sure Vhagar was upset he was taken on a Star Wars-esque canyon run and then sucker punched with fire to the face. Can't blame her too much for getting a bit hangry.
bearamedic99
AG
Just caught up on the show and this thread. 3 questions.

1- did the Lord commander of the Kings guard catch a knife in the back off screen after he peaced-out? Or is he still out there whereabouts unknown?

2- The Kings guard brothers Eric and Arrik. Did only one defect to Rhaenyra?

3- Melee battle while in their prime. Aemond and Daemon vs. the Mountain and the Hound. Who would win?
OnlyForNow
AG
1 - unknown. Didn't catch that you said offscreen. How would we know?

2 - yes

3 - maybe… hard to say. The mountain was pure brute strength, but I think any number of great swordsmen could have taken him in combat. I'd put money on Daemon but not Aemon.
canadiaggie
AG
bearamedic99 said:

1- did the Lord commander of the Kings guard catch a knife in the back off screen after he peaced-out? Or is he still out there whereabouts unknown?

3- Melee battle while in their prime. Aemond and Daemon vs. the Mountain and the Hound. Who would win?

1. Unknown

2. Erryk joined Rhaenyra, Arryk stayed with Aegon (easy way to remember - the two As)

3. Aemond seems to be on par with Criston, who is only slightly worse than Daemon (I know he has the H2H but come on, if Daemon wasn't showboating he would have won). I feel like Daemon would be clever enough to take on the Mountain and Aemond could probably hold off Sandor long enough for Daemon to kill the Mountain and 2v1 Sandor.
Icecream_Ag
S
bearamedic99 said:

1) no idea, but likely. The Hightower's were not gonna let anyone that knew the truth leave

2) yes only one (no idea which), he was the one not really helping with Aegon.

4) melee 2 v 2? Clegans. In a big battle? Daemon and Aemond.
The Porkchop Express
AG
We should totes McGotes do a single-combat tournament for GoT and what we know of H o t D. No horses, no dragons, just 1 on 1 who would win a fight.

No immediate predictions except that Jon Snow goes down in the first round.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
bearamedic99
AG
PS- one crossbow bolt at the coronation could have ended Rhaenyra. Dragons are great tanks from a distance and while in motion (unless there is a pirate firing a homing device crossbow at sea apparently) but if the mob gets close, that dragon rider goes down.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Huh? One crossbow bolt ends anyone.
LPHA
AG
What if it just hits them in the knee?
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
The Cleganes would pulverize their scrawny asses
canadiaggie
AG
LPHA said:

I used to be an adventurer like you…
Thunder18
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

Both Cleganes got "beat" by smaller, quicker fighters in the show (not discounting that the Mountain was poisoned vs Oberyn).

I would bet Daemon with his valyrian steel sword would be an even match vs the Hound. Not sure if he could take on the Mountain without the reach advantage that the spear gave Oberyn. Would be very interested in a 1v1 best warrior of Westeros bracket
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LPHA said:

You see what happened to Viserys with a cut to the finger?
boy09
AG
Thunder18 said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

Both Cleganes got "beat" by smaller, quicker fighters in the show (not discounting that the Mountain was poisoned vs Oberyn).

I would bet Daemon with his valyrian steel sword would be an even match vs the Hound. Not sure if he could take on the Mountain without the reach advantage that the spear gave Oberyn. Would be very interested in a 1v1 best warrior of Westeros bracket
This only covers the GOT timeline, and obviously its subjective, but still a good video

The Porkchop Express
AG
Thunder18 said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

I might try and muster one up after the World Series ends. Although going to Disney for Thanksgiving so it might be a December thing.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
KidDoc
AG
I would wager a Valyerian dagger on Jaime.(with his hand still)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Some ****** spoiled the fate of one of the major characters for me on FB.
boy09
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.