*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

276,889 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would drop HBO Max now that the season is over indefinitely

except for HARD KNOCKS is coming back next week
TCTTS
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Delete this bull****,
It's a joke. There are zero spoilers. All made up. All of the things that are spoilered just say "spoiler'. But I'll take it down so you don't have to get a clean diaper.

**** off

Good gosh. It was a joke. A quite funny one at that.
TCTTS
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Delete this bull****,
It's a joke. There are zero spoilers. All made up. All of the things that are spoilered just say "spoiler'. But I'll take it down so you don't have to get a clean diaper.
I know this is hard for you to understand, since you're constantly sniping about it, but most people would prefer to not be spoiled.

We get it, you have read the books. We acknowledge your supremacy. Now go away.

Are you guys serious with this sh*t? He just told you there were no spoilers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well then.
GreasenUSA
AG
TCTTS said:

GreasenUSA said:

Delete this bull****,
I know this is hard for you to understand, since you're constantly sniping about it, but most people would prefer to not be spoiled.

We get it, you have read the books. We acknowledge your supremacy. Now go away.

Are you guys serious with this sh*t? He just told you there were no spoilers.
Yes, we know there were no spoilers. He just continues to be obnoxious about the fact that other people would prefer that he and others don't post spoilers. Pretty simple, really.
TCTTS
AG
It's a playful reaction to all the various definitions people have of spoilers on this site. I've never once interpreted any of it as obnoxiously holding anything over anyone's heads. Maybe lighten up a bit? As someone who is often chided for taking things too seriously myself… you guys are taking this way too seriously.
boy09
AG
Man, i thought this thread sucked week to week between episodes. I can't wait to see how far it devolves over the next year and a half.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I missed whatever Porkchop posted, but I will say that even though we've butted heads multiple times about what constitutes spoilers (ie. episode previews), AND he likes to make fun of me for it, he's never purposely/maliciously posted spoilers that I can recall.

I have no doubt what he posted was a joke.
GreasenUSA
AG
TCTTS said:

It's a playful reaction to all the various definitions people have of spoilers on this site. I've never once interpreted any of it as obnoxiously holding anything over anyone's heads. Maybe lighten up a bit? As someone who is often chided for taking things too seriously myself… you guys are taking this way too seriously.
Appreciate it, but I'm good. I've been majorly spoiled twice already in this thread by book readers, so when someone is being obnoxious about it, it's a bit annoying.
TCTTS
AG
I guess we just have very different definitions of "obnoxious."
boy09
AG
GreasenUSA said:

TCTTS said:

Appreciate it, but I'm good. I've been majorly spoiled twice already in this thread by book readers, so when someone is being obnoxious about it, it's a bit annoying.
To be fair, there are multiple scenes in Game of Thrones where characters are talking about things that would be considered "major spoilers" for HOTD
Icecream_Ag
S
Literal first shot of HotD: 172 years before the birth of Daenerys Targaryen

Random post: none of these characters are alive in GoT
Texags: ohhh emmmm geee spoilers

M.C. Swag
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

I think you missed the context of the previous posts. Had nothing to do with Daenerys or GoT
Icecream_Ag
S
M.C. Swag said:

Icecream_Ag said:

I think you missed the context of the previous posts. Had nothing to do with Daenerys or GoT
no I got it. You missed the point of my post though.
M.C. Swag
AG
I guess i did then
Phrasing
AG
Speaking of spoilers and in reply to the poster that asked if his wife should start with GOT of HOTD, I would start with GOT, but you have to avoid certain scenes. I am rewatching GOT and am in Season 3 and in the scene where Joffrey is talking to Margary down where all the dragon heads are, he reveals a major spoiler. I don't know if it's the end of the story, but I'm confident it's a MAJOR plot point and was really bummed to have heard it. I remember people talking about it way back on this thread, but I thought when I came to that scene I would just fast forward. But it comes on you quick. Just a heads up so people that are watching GOT first don't have HOTD spoiled for them.

Also, I remember people saying that Davos and Stannis' daughter discuss the Dance of the Dragons in several scenes as well - so just a heads up.
WestAustinAg
AG
LMCane said:

I would drop HBO Max now that the season is over indefinitely

except for HARD KNOCKS is coming back next week

I dropped it a day or two ago and still have it for a knots a month.
AgE2theBONE
AG

My goodness this thread continues to be a disaster.

How difficult is it for adults to discuss a tv show without it continually devolving into lord of the flies?

PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Delete this bull****,

**** off

Good gosh. It was a joke. A quite funny one at that.
spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
tk for tu juan
GOT debuted first, anything mentioned in the series is not a major spoiler for HotD.

Do people consider the Empire Strikes Back to be a major spoiler for the Prequel Trilogy? No
dave94
AG
I would imagine a new viewer would forget so much of that by the time they finish all of GOT.
Phrasing
AG
dave94 said:

I would imagine a new viewer would forget so much of that by the time they finish all of GOT.

Very true. I definitely did. It wasn't until this recent rewatch that I caught it. Just watching HOTD made me want to rewatch GOT during the downtime between episodes.
zap
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

How difficult is it for adults to discuss a tv show without it continually devolving into lord of the flies?

I've got the conch!
M.C. Swag
AG
I was listening to a podcast interview of Ryan Condal (showrunner) and he confirmed that there's not gonna be anymore massive timejumps! Said this is the cast they're going to finish the show with! I think that will make things alot better in terms of relating to characters and getting emotionally invested.
Ogre09
AG
zap said:

AgE2theBONE said:

I've got the conch!

Sucks to your ass-mar!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
HossAg said:

The dragged out discussions about the birthing scenes bother me more than the scenes themselves. We get it, people thought it was gross and unneccessary.
Exactly, why belabor the point?

sorry, just catching up if this joke was already used.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
chase128
AG
Just finished watching this show. It's been interesting comparing Andor, HotD and RoP.
Andor and HotD make RoP seem so amateur-ish.

I can't wait for season 2. I thought they did a great job setting everything up for the coming war.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Do I need to watch the latest Star Wars to watch andor?

How much better is it than obi wan?
TCTTS
AG
- Andor is a prequel to Rogue One, which is a direct prequel to A New Hope (Episode IV, the first of the original trilogy).

- Andor focuses on "Cassian Andor," who was one of the leads of Rogue One. Andor is not only his origin story, but the origin story of the entire Rebel Alliance.

- Andor begins five years before A New Hope and 14 years after Revenge of the Sith (Episode III, the last of the prequel trilogy). It will last two seasons, consisting of 12 episodes each, which will lead directly to the events of Rogue One. We're currently through 8 of the 12 first season episodes.

- You definitely don't need to have seen any of the latest sequel trilogy movies (the last one being The Rise of Skywalker, Episode IX), as those take place long after the original trilogy. Technically, you don't need to have seen either Rogue One or A New Hope either, but it obviously helps.

All that said, Andor is incredible, and light years better than Obi-Wan. In fact, it's easily the best of the franchise since Rogue One, and maybe even the best of the franchise since The Empire Strikes Back. It's that good, and you won't find many who disagree. It's Star Wars for adults - finally - and so far probably the most universally loved Star Wars content outside of the originally trilogy. I highly recommend catching up.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Sweet. thanks. I'll check it out.

Yea I like Mando quite a bit for the new stuff but was not all that impressed with obi
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So how was Luke's dragon so much smaller than Drogon?

Are we to assume that it hatched around the same time of his birth, making it 14?

Drogon hatched in S1 and was at least three times the size of Luke's dragon by S8, which was what, 4-5 years later?
Poot
All dragons are not created equal…. Duh.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Dragons raised in the dragon pit don't grow as big or as fast as dragons not kept in captivity. Lots of good dragon info in this video.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So how was Luke's dragon so much smaller than Drogon?

Are we to assume that it hatched around the same time of his birth, making it 14?

Drogon hatched in S1 and was at least three times the size of Luke's dragon by S8, which was what, 4-5 years later?

I thought this was the point where they all started being smaller, as a result of being caged all the time?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.