*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,086 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Huh, so Jace threw the dirt, and Luke went in for the slash. I totally missed that.

Guess that makes the last episode make a lot more sense now.
Was also why Aemond was mainly targeting Luke with the trash talking at the big feast, and when Luke laughed at the pig Aemond decided to escalate
PatAg
AG
I also was not aware that almost all of this dialogue was written specifically for the show, I would have guessed it was pulled from Martin himself. They did a great job of emulating his style of writing, I think.
Captain Winky
Am I the only one that thought this was incredibly underwhelming and didn't care about any of the characters?
powerbelly
AG
Agree. It is my least favorite of the new 3 shows. (Andor, LOTR, HoD). Although it's still better than most.
gggmann
AG
It thought is was pretty good. They took their time with the set up and developing the characters which was a good thing, IMO. It's certainly 1000X better than the garbage show on Amazon.
redline248
AG
PatAg said:

I also was not aware that almost all of this dialogue was written specifically for the show, I would have guessed it was pulled from Martin himself. They did a great job of emulating his style of writing, I think.
George is credited as one of the writers for this episode. Now, I don't know if that means he sat in the writers room or if it's simply bc it's based on his book.
deer corn

New Alt Shift X for S1E9. He catches a lot that I miss.
GreasenUSA
AG
I really believe I enjoyed this season of House of the Dragon better than any season of Game of Thrones. I think because the world is smaller for HotD, and allows for a tighter story (so far).
PatAg
AG
I think if they knew the show would land with the audience as well as it did, they would have made some changes to the timeline they opted for the show.
Either let some of the time jumps last longer, or maybe even skip one, to make it easier for people to form attachments to characters and better understand who is who.
PatAg
AG
This show is going to get a lot of nominations, a lot of great performances
Paddy deserves to win anything he is nominated for
Teddy Perkins
AG
Was the baby that didn't make it one of the half dragon half human ones that Alt Shift X has talked about before? I swear I saw some scale like features. Although, if they wanted to go that way, I suppose they would have made it more obvious and I really don't want to go back and watch that again to look for clues.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Captain Winky said:

Am I the only one that thought this was incredibly underwhelming and didn't care about any of the characters?
You're the only one to watch all 10 hours and complain about it at least.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Counterpoint
AG
BCG Disciple said:

cbr said:

need some help -

wouldnt mind getting my wife started on GOT/HOD

but i really think got is the way to start.

she is not much into fantasy/sci fi at all, but i think the drama is interesting enough that she might watch it with me.

but i think both started really slowly.

poll - would you start a newbie on GOT? or HOD?

I personally think that though they both started slow, the way GOT brought the dragons along was INCREDIBLE.... and this show they dont look as well filmed in CGI and they are kind of taken for granted.

Maybe a horse being brutally killed to a woman is a lot like a graphic birth scene is to a man.

You may be on to something here. I have zero recollection of the horse killings, but I'll never forget those birth scenes!
redline248
AG
It did take me a few minutes to figure out what horse we were talking about.

(the Mountain's after he loses to Loras in the tourney)
HTownAg
AG
Captain Winky said:

Agree, I gave up on it, so incredibly slow and boring
Captain Winky
So it's only considered an opinion if you loved it, but if you didn't think it was the greatest thing in the last decade it's considered complaining?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Captain Winky said:

So it's only considered an opinion if you loved it, but if you didn't think it was the greatest thing in the last decade it's considered complaining?

Are you replying to the right person? His post is just about what a great performance the actors gave.
PatAg
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Captain Winky said:

Are you replying to the right person? His post is just about what a great performance the actors gave.
I'm not sure how they messed it up, given the other person replied to their own post.
BenFiasco14
AG
redline248 said:

Is that when they chop the horses head off and it winds up in the bed of some Italian mobster?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Counterpoint said:

BCG Disciple said:

cbr said:

need some help -

wouldnt mind getting my wife started on GOT/HOD

but i really think got is the way to start.

she is not much into fantasy/sci fi at all, but i think the drama is interesting enough that she might watch it with me.

but i think both started really slowly.

poll - would you start a newbie on GOT? or HOD?

I personally think that though they both started slow, the way GOT brought the dragons along was INCREDIBLE.... and this show they dont look as well filmed in CGI and they are kind of taken for granted.

Maybe a horse being brutally killed to a woman is a lot like a graphic birth scene is to a man.

You may be on to something here. I have zero recollection of the horse killings, but I'll never forget those birth scenes!

My wife freaks out when horses "die" on a show. And I think I had the discussion with someone here about watching Apocalypse Now in high school when all the girls in my class cried out thinking a puppy was about to get shot, but didn't say a word when the innocent civillains on the boat were raked with machine gun fire.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

PatAg said:

George is credited as one of the writers for this episode. Now, I don't know if that means he sat in the writers room or if it's simply bc it's based on his book.
George used his credit card to order a 76-course feast for the writers while he explained to them why it's important for Fake Aegon to continue making an alliance with the 3rd and 4th Sand Snakes before reuniting iwth Jon Connington, who wanted to bone Rhaegar it seems, in the opening scene of The Winds of Winter. He's written the first 7 pages of the new book so far.
bluefire579
AG
redline248 said:

PatAg said:

Reading his reaction to the series on the Not-A-Blog from earlier this month, I think it's just that he wrote Fire and Blood. At most, I'd imagine he read and edited the scripts.
Captain Winky
Texags on Chrome now has ads that take up the whole screen and you have to scroll all the way through it to get rid of it and it moved the post I meant to reply to.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Good stuff, especially with the analysis of maps and houses. Although he is incorrectly saying the dragon Daemon went to in the cave was Cannibal (not Vermithor).
BCG Disciple
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

redline248 said:

Is that when they chop the horses head off and it winds up in the bed of some Italian mobster?

The mountains horse. I think there was another before Dany eating the entire horse heart. The horse being slaughter to bring back khal drago. The horse dying as they making their way to quarth.

I had also not really cared about a horse dying and it was a blip on the screen. However, my wife was brought to tears.
bluefire579
AG
Captain Winky said:

Texags on Chrome now has ads that take up the whole screen and you have to scroll all the way through it to get rid of it and it moved the post I meant to reply to.
Post about it in the Technical Support forum. oosha checks there regularly and should be able to get it fixed
Lathspell
AG
Captain Winky said:

Learn2AdBlock?
oragator
https://deadline.com/2022/10/hbo-house-of-the-dragon-game-of-thrones-most-viewed-europe-1235154155/

Ratings seem to be doing ok.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bluefire579 said:

Captain Winky said:

Post about it in the Technical Support forum. oosha checks there regularly and should be able to get it fixed

I never see any ads on texags.

Not hard to do.

uBlock Origin
FancyKetchup14
AG
side note: I thought the battle map of Westeros that lit up from below was super badass.
AgE2theBONE
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

side note: I thought the battle map of Westeros that lit up from below was super badass.

Yeah, Stannis didn't have the owner's manual and missed out on a great feature.
will25u
ChoppinDs40
AG
will25u said:

lol could that be a more perfect slice of neckbeard and crazy color haired new yorkers that watch GoT on a tv in a bar?
LMCane
oragator said:

So if you break down what this war is largely about in the end, it's two women feeling their kids had been wronged. And anyone on the planet knows that's nit who you mess with.
let me just say, it's just terrific that tens of thousands will die horrible deaths, entire kingdoms wiped out/bankrupted..

because one part of the family wants to have a bigger castle.

and by the way... WHO IS PAYING FOR ALL THESE SOLDIERS AND CASTLES AND SERVANTS?!!

Raenyra says they have like 300 people with her - who pays the salaries for these people?! you never actually see massive farms and communities of citizens other than Kings Landing.
LMCane
HTownAg said:

Captain Winky said:

Agree, I gave up on it, so incredibly slow and boring
it would be nice if all the related clansmen from Raenara and Alicent all killed each other off

and left the innocent citizens alone

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.