*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,309 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JJxvi said:

It's bad when you don't have the confidence that you could outlive GRRM.
I'm starting to feel that way every time Marvel and Star Wars push movies back.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
boy09
AG
redline248 said:

The spend all the money on fx shots they can't afford good lights on set
I've watched most of the episodes on my own TV (old Panasonic plasma) with all the lights off and all the dark scenes have looked fine. I didn't understand what everyone was complaining about.

Watched the last ep at a friends house (he has a cheapo TCL), and holy crap... It's borderline unwatchable on TV's that don't handle dark scenes very well. Even the scenes that aren't dark don't look very good.
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

It's crazy to me now that Thrones used to come out every year.
I will say it's probably easier to adapt full length novels (in terms of speed of production, not necessarily overall level of difficulty). HBO basically had a detailed script all set for the first 4-5 seasons that expedited the writing process. HotD obviously has an outline of where the plot is going but definitely gonna take more work than basically lifting dialogue straight off a page haha.
MASAXET
AG
mazzag said:

canadiaggie said:

mazzag said:

Dumb question. Whose house was burning?

White Worm/Lady Mysaria

I thought so. Thank you. Done by Larys for Alicient?
Coming back to this question and something that happened earlier in the episode. At least I believe this is what happened, as I haven't gone back to check.

Before the arson, there was a scene in which common folk were getting locked up. It looked like one of the people locked up was Alicent's attendant, who was one of the few who knew about the king's death. I took that to be all of the people who could possibly know about the king's death were being corralled. And then Larys walks by the cell.

If I remember that right, is that what was burning later on? Larys was taking out all of the spies around Alicent as he mentioned during the onlyfans scene. So it wasn't necessarily white worm who was killed, but her spies / the leakers?
Belton Ag
AG
MASAXET said:

mazzag said:

canadiaggie said:

mazzag said:

White Worm/Lady Mysaria

Coming back to this question and something that happened earlier in the episode. At least I believe this is what happened, as I haven't gone back to check.

Before the arson, there was a scene in which common folk were getting locked up. It looked like one of the people locked up was Alicent's attendant, who was one of the few who knew about the king's death. I took that to be all of the people who could possibly know about the king's death were being corralled. And then Larys walks by the cell.

If I remember that right, is that what was burning later on? Larys was taking out all of the spies around Alicent as he mentioned during the onlyfans scene. So it wasn't necessarily white worm who was killed, but her spies / the leakers?
I took it that he got all the information he needed about the spy ring from all the servants they rounded up, then he eliminated it from the top down.
powerbelly
AG
Belton Ag said:

MASAXET said:

mazzag said:

canadiaggie said:

mazzag said:

White Worm/Lady Mysaria

I took it that he got all the information he needed about the spy ring from all the servants they rounded up, then he eliminated it from the top down.
Also, he wanted only his spies in place, not spies from a previous regime.
AgE2theBONE
AG
MASAXET said:

mazzag said:

canadiaggie said:

mazzag said:

White Worm/Lady Mysaria

It was Mysaria's place that was being burned down.
boy09
AG
MASAXET said:

I think this is correct. But i think that cell/dungeon is within the Red Keep

Quote:

He made a comment, "If you want to kill a spider, you have to take out it's head", or something along those lines. I took that to mean he was going after Mysaria/the White Worm, and that was her place that was torched.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MASAXET
AG
Thanks, all - that all makes sense
MASAXET
AG
boy09 said:

MASAXET said:

I think this is correct. But i think that cell/dungeon is within the Red Keep

Quote:

He made a comment, "If you want to kill a spider, you have to take out it's head", or something along those lines. I took that to mean he was going after Mysaria/the White Worm, and that was her place that was torched.
I think the comment was about killing the queen bee, because he then apologized for the analogy
boy09
AG
You're right. He was rambling about spiders and webs the whole conversation and then just completely flips metaphors with "Without a Queen, the bees fly without purpose." Keep it consistent, man..
mernaggie12
AG
Or maybe make the analogy about worms?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mernaggie12
AG
"the onlyfans scene" ... that slayed me for some reason
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I hope Mysaria is dead if only because I can't stand that accent she does.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was that the stupid Jamaican accent? Yeah, that was terrible. Make sure she's dead.
G Martin 87
AG
David Wallace said:

The Porkchop Express said:

It's crazy to me that GGRM released three books between 1996 and 2000.
That's the thing that bothers me most. 12 years to release the 6th book and counting…

The 7th book? Never will come. Just plain LAZY.

Good 'OLE George R.R.R.R.R.R.R.R.R.R. Martin.
Yeah? Well, when was the last novel you wrote? These things don't just write themselves, you know. Now, if you don't mind, Gardner just IM'ed me about a new Wild Cards anthology he's working on. Gotta split.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Didn't they learn anything from Jar Jar Binks? Me-sa no likey terrible Caribbean accent.
Phrasing
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Phrasing
AG
Sorry for the huge photo - did it on mobile and have no clue how to resize.

Put me in the camp though of not wanting to hear that accent again - lol. Are we to assume she died in the fire or is that still hanging out there?
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was that the stupid Jamaican accent? Yeah, that was terrible. Make sure she's dead.

Same terrible lead actress from Devs...

G Martin 87
AG
Phrasing said:

Sorry for the huge photo - did it on mobile and have no clue how to resize.

Put me in the camp though of not wanting to hear that accent again - lol. Are we to assume she died in the fire or is that still hanging out there?
She eata ded or in Babylon, mon.
PatAg
AG
Its not her actual accent, right?
Aggie87
AG
canadiaggie
AG
PatAg said:

Its not her actual accent, right?

No, I think she has a posh British accent IRL
wessimo
AG
Best scene in that movie
The Dog Lord
AG
I thought Devs was great! She wasn't necessarily the best one in it, but she isn't bad. I do wish they'd have gone with a different accent here though…
deer corn
Quote:

More like George Z.Z.Z.Z.Z.Z.ZZ..Z.Z.Z.Z.Z Martin, amiright?
deer corn
"Monte Cristo Cole"

Bwahahahha
KidDoc
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The deep fakes are pretty impressive and I love the Gandolph tie ins but they could use writing help. Lots of it is pretty lame.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gandolph?

canadiaggie
AG
KidDoc said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The deep fakes are pretty impressive and I love the Gandolph tie ins but they could use writing help. Lots of it is pretty lame.

"Reminds me of another Aegon who didn't want the throne"

"Uh dunt want et"

The Jon Snow lampooning made me cackle. Glorious
G Martin 87
AG
deer corn said:

Quote:

More like George Z.Z.Z.Z.Z.Z.ZZ..Z.Z.Z.Z.Z Martin, amiright?
No more lemon cakes for you.
bluefire579
AG
mandevilleag
boy09 said:

redline248 said:

The spend all the money on fx shots they can't afford good lights on set
I've watched most of the episodes on my own TV (old Panasonic plasma) with all the lights off and all the dark scenes have looked fine. I didn't understand what everyone was complaining about.

Watched the last ep at a friends house (he has a cheapo TCL), and holy crap... It's borderline unwatchable on TV's that don't handle dark scenes very well. Even the scenes that aren't dark don't look very good.
This. I've been watching it on my Panasonic plasma and it looks great. I watched this last episode at my niece's home on a newer "nicer" tv and it looks horrible. I wanted to go into the settings and change things up, but didn't want to be that guy. It was just a different feel, and very distracting to have everything so "on set" looking.

I rewatched it when I got home. It interesting how you notice things the second watch. Like when Alicent's handmaid lit the candles in the window to let the white worm know the king had died.. I was a little disappointed with this episode. It seemed to be just taking up time. The whole episode was looking for Aegon. We already knew he didn't want to be King (although once it happened, he seemed pretty stoked), and that he was a little pervert. I never got the whole Alicent vs the Hand getting to him first. It would have made sense if one side wanted to kill him and replace him with Aemon. They both will have their chance to influence his actions regardless of who found him first.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.