*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,341 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cbr said:

canadiaggie said:

Lol its a joke.

I was actually watching wondering why they were wasting screen time showing her taking off socks and ****, and was like wait - wtf? Is that guy rubbing one out? What is happening?

This guy has a foot fetish. Do not be fooled.
cbr
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

cbr said:

canadiaggie said:

Lol its a joke.

I was actually watching wondering why they were wasting screen time showing her taking off socks and ****, and was like wait - wtf? Is that guy rubbing one out? What is happening?

This guy has a foot fetish. Do not be fooled.
i guess i can tell the difference between chunky feet and not chunky feet, so maybe so, lol

but hey, i will never apologize for not thinking these feet are sexy:

cbr
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

TV Casualty said:

Belton Ag said:

Quote:

This. Why did she get squeamish? She literally burst through the floor and killed thousands of people. Should have roasted them.

But no, we need her to be stupid the rest of the series can happen.

As for why she killed so many folks, it's been said in this thread. Common folk of King's Landing are like ants in the GoT universe. They're always dying by the thousands.

Taking over Kings Landing while harming as few of the citizens as possible was one of the main theme's of GoT. Daenerys killing the people of Kings Landing was the moment everyone said she is not fit to rule and was killed for it. They also showed us many times throughout the show that the Lanisters were cruel precisely because of how they treated the people.

We have been told over and over that Rhaeneys should have been named heir over Viserys. That she is clearly the better ruler. Why would we be told that if she is basically like Daenerys and will indiscriminately kill the people?

Killing a thousand people for no reason really isn't as small of a thing as it's being made out to be. Now, in this show it will probably end up being inconsequential. That's only because the show runners wanted a big scene with a dragon so they will minimize it's impact. Of course not roasting the Hightowers will probably have dire consequences.
IMHO, I've never gotten the feeling that any of the main characters in either show give a damn about the common people. They're all too busy screwing each other and screwing over each other to keep power.
lol you mean like twisting some janitor's head off cause you need a body to pretend to be your husband, or scattering the innocent crowd's (whom you forced to watch a coronation) body parts all over the floor with your dragon, but not killing the people that are actually imprisoning you?

LOL, its pretty much monty python or HOW level disdain for the peasants at this point:

Belton Ag
AG
If this week's midweek thread crash and burn is going to be a pages long debate over who's feet are worthy of jerking off to then that would have to be a TexAgs e board first.
HossAg
AG
I'm absolutely SHOCKED to find out cbr has a thing for feet
OnlyForNow
AG
They almost look fake.

Either that of her index toe on her left foot is WONKY!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
OnlyForNow said:

They almost look fake.

Either that of her index toe on her left foot is WONKY!

They CGI'ed someone else's toes.
tk for tu juan
Also have Daemon's dragon landing on a common dude as he was celebrating Daemon arriving to the fight
cbr
AG
Belton Ag said:

If this week's midweek thread crash and burn is going to be a pages long debate over who's feet are worthy of jerking off to then that would have to be a TexAgs e board first.
come on man, i dare you to say those are sexy feet.
cbr
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Also have Daemon's dragon landing on a common dude as he was celebrating Daemon arriving to the fight
oh yeah, when you think about it, it actually is hilarious.
redline248
AG
Daemon was just putting him out of his misery

AgE2theBONE
AG
I'd forgotten about Caraxes crushing that dude.

LMCane
tk for tu juan said:

It was a pretty accurate recreation of being on a beach with just moonlight as the light source. Could see most of it on a OLED tv. What percentage of people complaining are probably still using the out of the box settings on their TV or watching on a mobile device?
I thought there was just some weird problem on my TV where the sound jitters every few seconds

but reading this thread makes me think there is something about GOT that is making that happen on my TV.

anyone else have this? I changed the audio settings and it helped a bit but not 100%
M.C. Swag
AG
Anyone debating Rhaeny's motivations for exploding up through the dragonpit, killing hundreds on innocent commoners, and then inexplicably refraining from incinerating the Hightower clan only needs to watch the 'After the episode' special. Ryan Condal (the writer for the show) outright says "we wanted the worst thing to happen to the coronation." So basically, the only reason the dragon burst into the ceremony was because a writer thought it would be cool. There was little character motivation and less plot sense behind it other than a visual spectacle. It's a shame because that was the type of thing D&D started to do towards the end of GoT.

Either way, it's not a big deal to me because had she simply 'escaped' through more mundane means, I'd still be in on the story the show is trying to tell. I just wish they'd focus on telling it through characters and actions that make sense.

#GiveMeATyrion
LMCane
OnlyForNow said:

Wow. The crown falling off and Daemon picking it up for his brother being an accident. Very well played, glad they kept it in.
for those who enjoy the movie "1917" which won a bunch of Oscars

the final scene of the British attacking from the trenches across No-Mans Land and the Private is trying to run to give the message.

turns out there was so much chaos that an extra didn't see the actor and ran headlong into him, sending him flying.

but the directors decided to keep it in the movie.

cool story bro!

cbr
AG
LMCane said:

OnlyForNow said:

Wow. The crown falling off and Daemon picking it up for his brother being an accident. Very well played, glad they kept it in.
for those who enjoy the movie "1917" which won a bunch of Oscars

the final scene of the British attacking from the trenches across No-Mans Land and the Private is trying to run to give the message.

turns out there was so much chaos that an extra didn't see the actor and ran headlong into him, sending him flying.

but the directors decided to keep it in the movie.

cool story bro!

Very cool. Actually lucky he didnt get bayonetted
Ervin Burrell
AG
Regarding Aegon's *******s - how old is Aegon supposed to be? I was under the impression he's supposed to be like early 20's at the most...and he's got a 10 year old ******* (the blonde boy they showed in the fighting pit cage)? I guess in this universe fathering children at 12 - 13 isn't out of the realm of possibility but I was confused by that. The twins mentioned that the kids fighting were around 10, so I assume that's how old the kid they showed was but maybe he's more like 5 or 6. Not important but something that stuck out to me.
boy09
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Regarding Aegon's *******s - how old is Aegon supposed to be? I was under the impression he's supposed to be like early 20's at the most...and he's got a 10 year old ******* (the blonde boy they showed in the fighting pit cage)? I guess in this universe fathering children at 12 - 13 isn't out of the realm of possibility but I was confused by that. The twins mentioned that the kids fighting were around 10, so I assume that's how old the kid they showed was but maybe he's more like 5 or 6. Not important but something that stuck out to me.
Aegon is ~23 at his coronation. I know they said most of the kids there were around 10, but that kid definitely looked younger that 10 to me.
Phrasing
AG
Yeah I took it as that kid was 3-4 years old and that they were grooming him to be a fighter later. And that there were probably more around. But I was drinking wine out of a game of thrones goblet at the time so my judgement might have been compromised. Need to rewatch.
Aggie87
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Well, we know he's got twin children with his sister/wife, Helaena. They (Jaehaerys and Jaehaera) appear to be 3-4 years old (?).

Plus Helaena previously said something that implied Aegon was regularly out on the town at night and not tending to her and their family. Implication being that he was having sex with all sorts of other people. So the little Targaryen looking kid at the fighting pit would potentially just be one of many of Aegon's *******s.

And he raped the chambermaid, who went to Alicent and then received the tea.

WestAustinAg
AG
Aegon's sister...and her latest prophecy... could it also be referring to Aegon being found beneath the altar or whatever that table was? Is he the monster beneath the boards?

Do her prophecies ever have double meaning?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We have one episode left and then no more HotD or Rings of Power till 2024.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We have one episode left and then no more HotD or Rings of Power till 2024.
it's a gd travesty
TCTTS
AG
It's crazy to me now that Thrones used to come out every year.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

It's crazy to me now that Thrones used to come out every year.
It's crazy to me that a 10 episode show can't be ready to go the next year.

And Rings is only 8!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They're more like 6 hour movies though, with the amount of effects work needed. RoP especially.
TCTTS
AG
These things are so much more effects heavy nowadays, though. That, and there's so much more content in general that there's no need for some of these streamers to rush it. They're far busier than they used to be.
C@LAg
it takes a lot of time to render that fog that obscures the 30 seconds of dragons we get every week.
redline248
AG
The spend all the money on fx shots they can't afford good lights on set
The Porkchop Express
AG
It's crazy to me that GGRM released three books between 1996 and 2000.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Houston Lee
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

It's crazy to me that GGRM released three books between 1996 and 2000.
That's the thing that bothers me most. 12 years to release the 6th book and counting…

The 7th book? Never will come. Just plain LAZY.

Good 'OLE George R.R.R.R.R.R.R.R.R.R. Martin.
Ol Jock 99
AG
He's painted himself into a corner and knows it. And given the publics reaction to the non-book stuff in the series, he has a hell of a lot of work to make it play better in the books. So….

aTmLoKi
AG
Is there anyway we can start a TexAgs Pool on when the date of release will be, where "never" couldn't be one of the options?
The Porkchop Express
AG
aTmLoKi said:

Is there anyway we can start a TexAgs Pool on when the date of release will be, where "never" couldn't be one of the options?
WHat happens if you win the pool, but the date is after you have died?
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
JJxvi
AG
It's bad when you don't have the confidence that you could outlive GRRM.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.