*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,098 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And the incest…

But really it's the fact that foot fetish people are basically a tiny notch above pedos and they weird her and I both out
G Martin 87
AG
Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Rhaenys was also thinking of the political optics involved in roasting the newly crowned King and all his family in front of the very people who just watched the coronation. Rhaenys would be regarded as the usurper, not the Hightowers. In order to win support for Rhaenyra's claims among the houses that haven't declared yet, she can't be the one to topple the government.
AgE2theBONE
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Rhaenys was also thinking of the political optics involved in roasting the newly crowned King and all his family in front of the very people who just watched the coronation. Rhaenys would be regarded as the usurper, not the Hightowers. In order to win support for Rhaenyra's claims among the houses that haven't declared yet, she can't be the one to topple the government.

Very true. And as I mentioned before, it would come with the added disgrace of "kinslayer," which brands her for life.
PatAg
AG
boy09 said:

I agree with TCTTS. Everybody else, pick your sides.
our side has bigger dragons and less unfunny memes
Quad Dog
AG
G Martin 87 said:

To her it wasn't the newly crowned king. If she had roasted them, then it would have been carrying out the execution of traitors to the true queen. Something the old king talked about more than once.
G Martin 87
AG
Quad Dog said:

G Martin 87 said:

To her it wasn't the newly crowned king. If she had roasted them, then it would have been carrying out the execution of traitors to the true queen. Something the old king talked about more than once.
Rhaenys is a pragmatist, not a hothead like Daemon.
AgE2theBONE
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Quad Dog said:

G Martin 87 said:

Right.

One thing that's getting overlooked here--and this is because we know that the series is about the all-out civil war between the branches of the family--is that from Rhaenys' perspective, it's not a foregone conclusion that this ends in a full blown civil war, engulfing the whole realm.

There's still a possibility, small perhaps but not insignificant, that this can be worked out one way or another without bloodshed on a massive scale. The sides could take stock of the others' strengths and realize that civil war between them will wipe out a huge part of their families/dragons, tear the realm apart, etc, and decide it's a bad idea.

deer corn
Just watching the episode again...Meleys busts up through the floor, not through a wall. Dragons are below in the pit.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I knew it!!!!!

Except I as wrong about who - but I was 100% sure the entire time a dragon would come lay waste to these proceedings. I just thought it would be Daemon and/or Rhaenyra.

But hell yes Rhaenys!!!!!!

She could have torched them all of course and probably should have, but then the series would be rather short.

My only complaint was she should have looked at Allicent and said "You have my answer."

Ok sorry late to get to this episode and I've read no comments. I'll go back now. But hell yes!!!!!

Loved it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

PS - I cannot believe I liked an episode this much without Daemon and Rhaenyra even in it.

It was mostly filled with characters I don't like. In fact I'd be hard pressed to name more than three I do like - Rhaenys, maybe Aemond and the Kingsguard guy who refused go kill Rhaenyra and Daemon.

TCTTS
AG
BudFox7
G Martin 87 said:

Quad Dog said:

G Martin 87 said:

Then what's the point of making that appearance? To make a non-hothead statement? Ya ok. If she wasn't going to kill them, then you ride off to alert the people who will, unless your an idiot - which this character was not. It was an poorly thought out action scene just for the sake of adding action.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just to reiterate from the last page:

TCTTS
AG
BudFox7 said:

G Martin 87 said:

Quad Dog said:

G Martin 87 said:

Then what's the point of making that appearance? To make a non-hothead statement? Ya ok. If she wasn't going to kill them, then you ride off to alert the people who will, unless you're an idiot - which this character was not. It was an poorly thought out action scene just for the sake of adding action.

To intimidate. To assert her side's dominance. To put an exclamation point on the conversation she and Alicent had earlier that episode about not merely building a window in a jail cell but rather breaking free of the prison altogether.

The scene and everything leading up to were pretty clear as to why she did what she did.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BudFox7 said:

G Martin 87 said:

Quad Dog said:

G Martin 87 said:

Then what's the point of making that appearance? To make a non-hothead statement? Ya ok. If she wasn't going to kill them, then you ride off to alert the people who will, unless your an idiot - which this character was not. It was an poorly thought out action scene just for the sake of adding action.

Ummmm she could not go out the gate of the dragon pit. It was guarded and locked.

She knew she could bust through the floor so she did.

It wasn't necessarily for an "appearance" there but that was where she could get the dragon out. Now it also served as a moment to say "not so fast... you tried to imprison me and force me to cooperate..... not today *****. not today."

it was a matter of convenience more or less that it was then and there, while she got the dragon out the way she could.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Ummmm she could not go out the gate of the dragon pit. It was guarded and locked

So how did she get in?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

Ummmm she could not go out the gate of the dragon pit. It was guarded and locked

So how did she get in?

lol.. they literally showed her going down an inner passageway. from the main hall. did you miss that?

The gate was locked and guarded (the kings guard guy even said this clearly when she said she did not want to leave without the dragon). And that was the way you would normally go to get your dragon out. She clearly knew an inside passage to get there. She's a Targaryen after all and it has been shown they have a lot of secret passageways. No surprise she would know a back way in. And the coronation event with the opening of the main doors allowed her access.

not that difficult to understand.
redline248
AG
Yes, I saw...I was being silly. Why would that be unguarded or unlocked, though? Any random person could just walk down there
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Yes, I saw...I was being silly. Why would that be unguarded or unlocked, though? Any random person could just walk down there

Not normally as the hall is not normally open.

I mean obv they wanted you to be shocked and did not show her getting access..... but maybe it was unguarded because it is usually internal access only and only a nutjob would enter the dragon chamber or someone who is supposed to be there. Or maybe it was guarded and she bribed them, threatened them, killed them, ordered them and they did not know they should stop her, etc. Or maybe they were distracted by the ceremony.

tis left for us to wonder.
redline248
AG
This are just the sort of questions when scenes are thrown in for the sake of "it will look awesome."

It did look awesome, though
cbr
AG
redline248 said:

This are just the sort of questions when scenes are thrown in for the sake of "it will look awesome."

It did look awesome, though
The feet didnt look awesome though…. I mean lets get real- if its a foot fettish, that girl damn near had hobbit feet.
canadiaggie
AG
tk for tu juan
Are people more creeped out by the foot fetish scene than the child fighting pits?
PatAg
AG
What's the point of being a dragonrider if you can't burst through the floor and murder hundreds of civilians occassionaly?
NukeAg10
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Are people more creeped out by the foot fetish scene than the child fighting pits?

Yes.
rynning
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

So how did she get in?

lol.. they literally showed her going down an inner passageway. from the main hall. did you miss that?

The gate was locked and guarded (the kings guard guy even said this clearly when she said she did not want to leave without the dragon). And that was the way you would normally go to get your dragon out. She clearly knew an inside passage to get there. She's a Targaryen after all and it has been shown they have a lot of secret passageways. No surprise she would know a back way in. And the coronation event with the opening of the main doors allowed her access.

not that difficult to understand.
Do not ask questions around here or the Rings of Power thread.
The Porkchop Express
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Just looked like every day of junior high in HISD to me.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
DrEvazanPhD
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I knew it!!!!!

Except I as wrong about who - but I was 100% sure the entire time a dragon would come lay waste to these proceedings. I just thought it would be Daemon and/or Rhaenyra.

But hell yes Rhaenys!!!!!!

She could have torched them all of course and probably should have, but then the series would be rather short.

My only complaint was she should have looked at Allicent and said "You have my answer."

Ok sorry late to get to this episode and I've read no comments. I'll go back now. But hell yes!!!!!

Loved it.
This. Why did she get squeamish? She literally burst through the floor and killed thousands of people. Should have roasted them.

But no, we need her to be stupid the rest of the series can happen.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

This. Why did she get squeamish? She literally burst through the floor and killed thousands of people. Should have roasted them.

We still don't know her true intentions. If she's playing the long game and she eventually comes down on the side of the Greens, she wouldn't have killed them. Perhaps she wants the war to weaken both sides.

She was really, really pissed about being held captive, though. Doing what she did demonstrates her power and serves as a warning to the Hightower faction not to treat her like that again.

As for why she killed so many folks, it's been said in this thread. Common folk of King's Landing are like ants in the GoT universe. They're always dying by the thousands.
cbr
AG
canadiaggie said:

Lol its a joke.

I was actually watching wondering why they were wasting screen time showing her taking off socks and ****, and was like wait - wtf? Is that guy rubbing one out? What is happening?
TV Casualty
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

As for why she killed so many folks, it's been said in this thread. Common folk of King's Landing are like ants in the GoT universe. They're always dying by the thousands.

Taking over Kings Landing while harming as few of the citizens as possible was one of the main theme's of GoT. Daenerys killing the people of Kings Landing was the moment everyone said she is not fit to rule and was killed for it. They also showed us many times throughout the show that the Lanisters were cruel precisely because of how they treated the people.

We have been told over and over that Rhaeneys should have been named heir over Viserys. That she is clearly the better ruler. Why would we be told that if she is basically like Daenerys and will indiscriminately kill the people?

Killing a thousand people for no reason really isn't as small of a thing as it's being made out to be. Now, in this show it will probably end up being inconsequential. That's only because the show runners wanted a big scene with a dragon so they will minimize it's impact. Of course not roasting the Hightowers will probably have dire consequences.
BCG Disciple
AG
I can't wait until Aegon's child fighting b***ard becomes a filed tooth sadistic bada** member of the kings guard. If he's a heck of a fighter Aegon probably has a fondness for him.
boy09
AG
TV Casualty said:

Belton Ag said:

Quote:

Taking over Kings Landing while harming as few of the citizens as possible was one of the main theme's of GoT. Daenerys killing the people of Kings Landing was the moment everyone said she is not fit to rule and was killed for it. They also showed us many times throughout the show that the Lanisters were cruel precisely because of how they treated the people.

We have been told over and over that Rhaeneys should have been named heir over Viserys. That she is clearly the better ruler. Why would we be told that if she is basically like Daenerys and will indiscriminately kill the people?

Killing a thousand people for no reason really isn't as small of a thing as it's being made out to be. Now, in this show it will probably end up being inconsequential. That's only because the show runners wanted a big scene with a dragon so they will minimize it's impact. Of course not roasting the Hightowers will probably have dire consequences.

TV Casualty said:

C@LAg said:

don't worry about it. you have your opinion and have stated it, which is fine and reasonable. he has his.

all this is going to do is degenerate into the same groups saying the same thing over and over and over on top of each other.

You're right and I'm done with it.
CoppellAg93
AG
TV Casualty said:

Belton Ag said:

Quote:

IMHO, I've never gotten the feeling that any of the main characters in either show give a damn about the common people. They're all too busy screwing each other and screwing over each other to keep power.
redline248
AG
Some of them cared. Varys, in particular, didn't care who was in charge as long as the people weren't subjected to ruthlessness and whatnot. I would say Ned, based on his willingness to spare Cersei, cared about how the commoners fared. In this show, Viserys for sure cared...always trying to keep the realm out of wars, etc. Not to mention he carried the weight of keeping the realm protected from the prophesized danger in the far north.

edit: I'm sure there are other, examples.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.