*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,289 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oragator said:

The ending made no sense really, and when I read around, I guess in the book the coronation goes off clean. So they wanted to add a power moment to the end, but couldn't kill anyone up on the steps because it would wreck all the plot lines, so we got that. And wasn't the queen doing a bit more than showing her feet there at the next of that scene?
Olivia Cooke was amazing in that episode, but to have the most important episode without two of its main characters seemed wrong, as was people like the Cargylls suddenly becoming critical pieces out of nowhere.

Just felt like it could have been a lot better.

have not looked at the episode title for next week. by I bet next episode is "the Black Council." exact time period, on the flip side.
canadiaggie
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Another question for those in the know: do all the Targaryen's/Velaryon's hold the Valyrian steel blades at this point, or have they been spread across the kingdom?

Like Jon Snow's sword, is it in the North yet with the Mormont's?
The Valyrian steel swords made their way to Westeros independent of the Targs and Velaryons, out of trade from the Valyrian empire before the Doom. It was a huge status symbol in Westeros to afford one so if you were a House worth a damn, you'd commission one
oragator
It's called the black queen, and this is the preview. It looks like it's sequential.

Drake aTm
AG
Stolen from Reddit:

Twitter right now

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thanks to all.
TXAGFAN
AG
No spoiler please, but do we know what dragon that is at end?
oragator
NK
C@LAg
TXAGFAN said:

No spoiler please, but do we know what dragon that is at end?
yes, but i will not spoil it for you.

They said her name - Meleys. That is Rhaenys dragon.
Lathspell
AG
Slower moving episode, but I thought the end was pretty damn cool. I was expecting the dragon to appear at the doorway, so when the floor exploded, it made me jump.

Can we get to the killing, now?

Never read the books, but I will be pulling for Rhaenyra's side, because the only person I like on the Hightower side is Alicent. She at least honestly believed Viserys proclaimed Aegon as King.
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So what's our Dragonrider lineup?

Greens:
Aegon
Haelena (?)
Aemond

Blacks:
Rhaenyra
Daemon
Jace
Luke
Rhaenys
Laena's twins (?)

Not sure about the ?s, but either way it seems the Blacks are stacked even though Greens have the biggest dragon.
there are 20ish dragons alive at the time of DoD
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sure, but the ones without riders won't be a factor. As far as we know anyway.
redline248
AG
Pretty good episode. I honestly thought it was the finale...guess that is next week?

Otto is going to be pissed that someone beat him to killing the white worm. He was not a fan of her telling him how easy it would have been to kill Aegon.

Classic HBO moment with the dragon ripping through the floor. By the way, should the great sept even be built, yet?
canadiaggie
AG
Dragon names shouldn't really be a spoiler:

Daemon - Caraxes
Rhaenyra - Syrax
Laenor - Seasmoke (now with one of his daughters? Idk)
Rhaenys - Meleys
Aemond - Vhagar
Aegon - has one, unnamed in the show, though I think it was present in the funeral scene for Laena
Lucerys - has one, it's in the trailer for next week's episode, not named in the show yet
Jacaerys - Vermax

Those are all the revealed one
The Porkchop Express
AG
oragator said:

It's called the black queen, and this is the preview. It looks like it's sequential.

GET THOSE ****ING SPOILERS OUT OF HERE! NOW I KNOW THERE'S A TARGAREYN IN THE NEXT EPISODE
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sure, but the ones without riders won't be a factor. As far as we know anyway.
Dany had three dragons. Only one had a rider for most of their time.

No that is not a spoiler of any sort. but an observation.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

Pretty good episode. I honestly thought it was the finale...guess that is next week?

Otto is going to be pissed that someone beat him to killing the white worm. He was not a fan of her telling him how easy it would have been to kill Aegon.

Classic HBO moment with the dragon ripping through the floor. By the way, should the great sept even be built, yet?
I thought the same thing, and it shouldn't be, but I also didn't think it looked the same in the episode - the structure seemed more broad in the episode and I didn't see the giant bell anywhere. Looking at a lineage of rulers without any spoilers, we're about 4 away from Baelor so it must be whatever they had before then.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean I understand there's more dragons than riders but I was specifically asking about the riders from what we've seen in the show. Pointing out the number of dragons from the book and hinting they'll be important verges on spoiler territory.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How many times do you plan on making this same joke? It adds nothing to these threads and you do it seemingly every day.
Stive
AG
So the blond Aegon sister made her comment again about something beneath the boards or under the boards….danger beneath the boards maybe? Wonder if she was talking about the dragon busting through the floor during the coronation or if she's still referring to something else not yet seen?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Stive said:

So the blond Aegon sister made her comment again about something beneath the boards or under the boards….danger beneath the boards maybe? Wonder if she was talking about the dragon busting through the floor during the coronation or if she's still referring to something else not yet seen?

Man good call, I totally forgot about that.
redline248
AG
beast beneath the boards.

pretty obvious it was the dragon...but it's probably Larys peeping her feet when she's unwinding from the day
canadiaggie
AG
redline248 said:

I think they held the coronation in the Dragonpit arena, not the Sept, which also looks different from The Sept of Baelor - it's not as bright and filled with stained glass, so maybe a different structure?
AgE2theBONE
AG
Yes, that was the dragonpit. The Sept of Baelor doesn't exist yet, nor is it large enough to hold near that many people.

That's the reason Rhaenys smiled when she saw they were being herded to the dragonpit, she knew she'd be able to get to her dragon.
GenericAggie
AG
Wait - so the feet thing was payment? Wow. That's so beneath the queen. Odd actually that she would agree to that.
canadiaggie
AG
GenericAggie said:

Wait - so the feet thing was payment? Wow. That's so beneath the queen. Odd actually that she would agree to that.
Homie has some dirt on her.

I also love the hypocrisy being shown - Alicent who harps about sexual purity has an Onlyfans selling feet and a rapist *****monger for a son, and Criston says a golden line this episode along the lines of "All women are from the Mother and should be treated with respect" whereas in Episode 6 he calls Rhaenyra a spoiled cvnt
Stive
AG
I wanna see the big Kings Guard dude that resigned wreck shop at some point in this series. I always thought the Barristan Selmy fight in GOT was a pretty weak intro to "the greatest swordsman in the kingdom". I hope they've got a chance with this character to have him thrash some people.
Stive
AG
And it was interesting watching the twins Kings Guard guys shift sides. Almost makes Cole look like he's the only one in the Green's corner. They'll probably end up divided down the middle as well but it was interesting watching their conscience creep to the surface as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want Daemon's dragon to eat Otto.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TV Casualty
AG
I've been enjoying this show, but this episode was kind of a miss for me. That last scene seemed so unnecessary and just overall out of place in this show. All they had to do was show her flying off on her dragon and it still would've been impactful.

The dragon busting in was just a pointless spectacle.

C@LAg
tk for tu juan
Stive said:

The throne in Driftmark is made of boards, whoever is sitting on it is beneath the boards is what was mentioned on here or in the post show wrap up last week

Edit: Back on Page 60 at 10:31PM
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3235335/replies/63242999
Prosperdick
AG
Sorry to be "that guy" but I've been burned before with GoT. I've only seen the first episode. Is this show worth it? Does it feel like the showrunners have a good handle on the show's direction? I'm just trying to decide whether to invest the time.
zap
AG
The dragon bursting scene was silly and problematic. She busts through stone and stays on dragonback undamaged (not a scratch.) She has exhibited no cruelty thus far, but has no problem wiping out hundreds of smallfolk. Finally, she has a chance to roast them all and end the coup but doesn't do it.

Visually it was cool...and "girl power" I guess?
Quad Dog
AG
Seemed like the only reason she didn't say "Dracarys" was because plot armor required her not to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.