*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

258,197 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by The Dog Lord
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BowSowy said:

This thread sucks lately
it seems like TexAgs was just conquered by a bunch of CIS millenials!
M.C. Swag
AG
More like incels
BowSowy
AG
Uh, okay.
DallasTeleAg
Belton Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

LMCane said:

what's the infatuation with incest by this guy?!

that's at least three different instances of it (Jaime/Ceirsie, Jon Snow and his sister, and now the uncle and his niece)

it's almost like watching a Woody Allen film about old schmuck dating hot young coeds in EVERY movie!

Don't ever look into the British royal family.
To be fair, while the royal houses in Europe went way further than you or I would ever want to, there weren't any straight up brother/sister marriages. In Britain there haven't been any uncle/niece marriages that I can think of.

But to put it into perspective, by the time WW1 broke out, the Heads of State of England, Germany and Russia were all first cousins.
I learned all about the Habsburgs, in European Military History. Best class I ever took at A&M.
canadiaggie
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Belton Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

LMCane said:

what's the infatuation with incest by this guy?!

that's at least three different instances of it (Jaime/Ceirsie, Jon Snow and his sister, and now the uncle and his niece)

it's almost like watching a Woody Allen film about old schmuck dating hot young coeds in EVERY movie!

Don't ever look into the British royal family.
To be fair, while the royal houses in Europe went way further than you or I would ever want to, there weren't any straight up brother/sister marriages. In Britain there haven't been any uncle/niece marriages that I can think of.

But to put it into perspective, by the time WW1 broke out, the Heads of State of England, Germany and Russia were all first cousins.
I learned all about the Habsburgs, in European Military History. Best class I ever took at A&M.

Who was the prof for that?
DallasTeleAg
Dr. Seipp
PatAg
AG
Sometimes I can't tell if people are trolls, or just genuinely weird
bobinator
AG
Seipp was (is?) awesome. Took basically every class he offered.
canadiaggie
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Dr. Seipp

Ah I was going to say I had a Euro history prof here. His class was 1500s-1800s European history but I can't recall his name and it wasn't Dr. Seipp, he's too young.
FancyKetchup14
AG
LMCane said:

TCTTS said:

No one was triggered. It's just a bad look, watching a handful of Aggies publicly disparaging a woman's looks on the internet, in the year 2022, and a few of us noted as much. No one said you don't have the "right" to post your opinion, nor did anyone say you had to find her attractive, or agree with the way she chooses to express herself. We simply commented that it was somewhat cringeworthy to read, and expressed bewilderment at you becoming so unhinged over the matter, considering it affects your life in no way, shape, or form. That's it and that's all.
Agreed

this entire situation of messing up threads on TexAgs could have been averted if they had just cast a hotter "Old Ranayra"

if the idiots would have cast Keira Knightley- problem solved!

Sorry, my wife was tied up in other projects during casting and couldn't swing both. Kills us knowing how popular this show is too.
DallasTeleAg
bobinator said:

Truth. Last I saw, he was a Dean or something in the department.
canadiaggie
AG
bobinator said:

Faculty website still has him on there
StinkyPinky
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Yea I need to rewatch the opening scene because i didn't quite catch what exactly happened with him. I thought they said he was like 'lost at sea'? but he's also sick?

I didn't really understand what his issue/status was. Like, did they know where he was, but unsure he's mentally well? or he was mentally unwell and is also now missing?

They said he fell overboard into the sea, not lost at Sea (from what I remember). I took it as he was wounded by the dagger, and then fell into the sea. The sea water caused the wound to get infected which spread (septic?). I didn't get the impression he was missing.
PatAg
AG
Interesting article
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/house-of-the-dragon-creator-reveals-why-series-made-velaryons-black_n_63470ad7e4b04cf8f37455a5
DallasTeleAg
The Valeryon's being black never bothered me, because they stayed consistent with it. I also agree it makes the questionable parentage much more apparent, which helps for the show by highlighting how purposefully blind Viserys is. Also, the white dreads on darker complected skin is a cool and exotic look for a family we are introduced to who seems very removed from the rest of Westeros.

Definitely handled better than Rings of Power, where I'm still confused as to whether Nori's "mother" is actually her mother or her step-mother.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CjngOyqupUN
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So ready for tonight. ****'s going down. Getcha popcorn ready!
beagle2009
AG
I'm hoping the Cowboys game gets out of hand enough to switch away and start HotD. Not sure if I'll be able to wait until tomorrow.
BenFiasco14
AG
beagle2009 said:

I'm hoping the Cowboys game gets out of hand enough to switch away and start HotD. Not sure if I'll be able to wait until tomorrow.

Don't you put that evil on me Ser Ricky Bobby.

F the eagles.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
beagle2009
AG
Of course I meant the Cowboys running away with it! I hate it when they're on SNF…
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have no idea who'd have seen it already but episode 9 currently has a 9.9 on IMDb.
canadiaggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I have no idea who'd have seen it already but episode 9 currently has a 9.9 on IMDb.

Do you have to have seen it to post a review?

I'm sure it's just eager fanboys/girls or anticipatory book readers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good point.

Either way...hyped.
TCTTS
AG
I'll post the same thing I posted last week when an IMDb rating was posted before the episode even aired…

TCTTS said:

I'm confused. Who has even seen the episode at this point, especially someone who would go and rate it on IMDb?

I don't know why people even report/rely on IMDb ratings. They're notoriously unreliable and pretty much a joke.

Might as well go to a zoo and ask all the animals what they thought of any given movie/episode. That's how irrelevant IMDb ratings are.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You talking before airing or in general? I find they're at least a good indicator of episodes that are very good.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You talking before airing or in general? I find they're at least a good indicator of episodes that are very good.
Both
The Porkchop Express
On goodreads.com there are thousands of 5 star reviews for the winds of winter.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
canadiaggie
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

On goodreads.com there are thousands of 5 star reviews for the winds of winter.

I laughed and then I cried because we're never gonna see that book
DannyDuberstein
AG
Back to the servant girl tea, I watch most shows on captioning. The caption was just a gulp from drinking the abortion tea
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rhaenys could've ended the war before it started.
C@LAg
not sure of that tacked on ending, i mean, she could have ended everything right there before it started

but whatever.
C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rhaenys could've ended the war before it started.
exactly.
canadiaggie
AG
She doesn't like Rhaenyra enough to be a kinslayer.

Edit to add: I feel like her support of Rhaenyra has more to do with her kind of vicariously living through another girl heir. Plus Corlys seems to be firmly camp Rhaenyra for his "grandsons"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess she was okay with killing hundreds of innocent people though.
canadiaggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I guess she was okay with killing hundreds of innocent people though.

The highborn don't particularly care about the regular people. Their moral customs seem to apply only to their social class

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.