*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,157 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Ya know what's funny is we applaud Rhaenyra for letting Laenor live m, but what about the poor guy that got tossed in the fire just minding his business going about his duty. Probably has kids that wondered what happened to him.

Daemon/Rhaenyra are still murderers but we didn't know him so ehhhh
LOL! Good point.

I'm sure out of the goodness of his heart Daemon picked the town ******* with no wife or kids and who kicks puppies in his spare time. Win win.
cbr
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Ya know what's funny is we applaud Rhaenyra for letting Laenor live m, but what about the poor guy that got tossed in the fire just minding his business going about his duty. Probably has kids that wondered what happened to him.

Daemon/Rhaenyra are still murderers but we didn't know him so ehhhh
lol good point

****, now i feel like im in the game!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lowborns are not people in this world.
WES2006AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Lowborns are not people in this world.
Yea, it isn't like they killed a named character.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Yeah, you got to wonder if anyone thinks it's weird there are two gay dudes, one with blonde hair, one with white skin, with a big dragon hanging out in the Summer Isles
He was bald....and rowing a boat not on a dragon soooo id assume those two items wont be an issue
AgE2theBONE
AG

I would argue that--if it's true anyone is having a tough time figuring out whom to root for as the Greens vs the Blacks unfolds--the writers have done magnificent job.

GRRM spoke about this world in particular being full of gray characters. No one is completely evil, no one is completely virtuous.

Maybe there really aren't any winners at all. There's just whoever is left alive.

GoT was pretty distinct from that, given we had a few vicious psychopaths that garnered unanimity in audience hatred.

Larys is really the only one to jump off the screen as utterly without scruples. In this world, "kinslayer" is the most vile sobriquet one can earn. So even among his often amoral fellow Westerosi aristocrats, he stands out as despicable.

The actor's doing a fine job, too. He's playing the evil of that character so well you wouldn't be surprised if a forked tongue flicked between his lips. He's a good contrast to Tyrion, whose dwarfism and the cruelty/ridicule he'd suffered as a result of it had given him a great empathy for others, especially the less fortunate. Larys' deformity combined with his "second son" status has twisted him into something wholly corrupt.

Alicent's two confidantes are both inherently cruel, though Cole might have started out less so.
M.C. Swag
AG
Man, idk everyone seems pretty evil lol. They're all murderers who seem totally fine continuing to murder if/when it suits them.

Everyone keeps saying these characters are "gray" but not to me. I, for one, would appreciate a truly "good" person to cheer for.
GreasenUSA
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I just need to back off the thread this week. We found out we have to put our oldest dog down pretty soon on Sunday morning when we thought he just had an UTI. It's been making me easily upset off at all kinds of things that I normally don't get pissed off about, and I'm having trouble separating what's making me mad vs. what's just minorly annoying me. So, sorry for my numerous petty posts about not being able to see the episode. See you guys next Sunday.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm going through the same thing right now with my old girl; found out last week it wasn't a UTI.
deer corn
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Out of the kids, who are y'all rooting for? I saw Twitter and Reddit pretty divided on Jace Vs Aemond. The other greens are pretty despicable, but Aemond has a Rhaenarya-type personality imo. Jace is likable too, but he was bullying Aemond with his brother originally for not having a dragon.

I guess Jace has a Jon snow vibe, Aemond has a Dany type vibe.

I hate all the green kids. Wish they would be blasted with Jace's dragon while he is practicing. They are all three worthless a-holes.
GreasenUSA
AG
Just finished the episode. Very engaging.

I actually thought the night scenes were gorgeous, and maybe the most realistic I've ever seen on screen. When The Long Night aired 3.5 years ago, I couldn't see crap on my 100 inch 1080P projection screen. But this was just perfect on my newer 55 inch 4K tv with HDR/DV.
The Dog Lord
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Whoa. Whoa. WHOA!!!!

I heard "green", but WTF is this "black" y'all are talking about?

I've actually been wondering if they would use this term given that the Velaryons would be included…
Phrasing
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Whoa. Whoa. WHOA!!!!

I heard "green", but WTF is this "black" y'all are talking about?

I've actually been wondering if they would use this term given that the Velaryons would be included…

I don't know if the actual show has yet. I know Rhanerya said "greens". But I don't think "Blacks" has been used yet. Curious to see if they use it, even though the primary Targ color is Black.
Urban Ag
AG
Wife and I got caught up tonight.

Honestly, simply can't believe how great this is. We liked both the younger actresses and thought they did an amazing job. But the mid season shift seems flawless. Just outstanding.

Honestly, biggest let down is seeing the gay husband knocked off so casually. That guy/role was greatness.

This show has blown away all expectations.
Btron
AG
Urban Ag said:

Honestly, simply can't believe how great this is. We liked both the younger actresses and thought they did an amazing job. But the mid season shift seems flawless. Just outstanding.

Honestly, biggest let down is seeing the gay husband knocked off so casually. That guy/role was greatness.

Regarding your spoiler tag, you did watch till the end right? Two guys in a boat?
OnlyForNow
AG
You mean two guys one boat.

Look for their YouTube.
MASAXET
AG
Urban Ag said:

Should we tell him?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Curious to see if they use it, even though the primary Targ color is Black.
They have to. Not using Blacks would be like Star Wars renaming the Empire something goofy like "The First Order".
Urban Ag
AG
Will have to re-watch. Any series the wife and I watch is typically paused 6-7 times per episode so my wife can rant about something random from work. I guess I missed whatever you're alluding too, probably from distraction.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Book readers: In reference to all the Greens vs. Blacks talk; I know the show is building up to a war between Alicent's side and Rhaenara's side, but that doesn't mean you need to come here and post about it like it's a foregone conclusion, because it still hasn't started yet in the show. Congrats on reading the books, you're very smart, now please take it to the book thread.
PatAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Man, idk everyone seems pretty evil lol. They're all murderers who seem totally fine continuing to murder if/when it suits them.

Everyone keeps saying these characters are "gray" but not to me. I, for one, would appreciate a truly "good" person to cheer for.
You'd get to enjoy that person for probably 1-2 episodes before they died. Or more accurately, that person already died before the season started
powerbelly
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

Book readers: In reference to all the Greens vs. Blacks talk; I know the show is building up to a war between Alicent's side and Rhaenara's side, but that doesn't mean you need to come here and post about it like it's a foregone conclusion, because it still hasn't started yet in the show. Congrats on reading the books, you're very smart, now please take it to the book thread.
If you have watched and paid attention to Game of Thrones it isn't book information that Alicent's side fights Rhaenara's side.

FTR: I am not a book reader.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
powerbelly said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

If you have watched and paid attention to Game of Thrones it isn't book information that Alicent's side fights Rhaenara's side.

I could barely keep track of the names of the people actually in the show, I don't remember the names of people from 100s of years before the show that were mentioned in passing on an episode that aired nearly a decade ago.
powerbelly
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

powerbelly said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

I could barely keep track of the names of the people actually in the show, I don't remember the names of people from 100s of years before the show that were mentioned in passing on an episode that aired nearly a decade ago.
That's on you.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
powerbelly said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

powerbelly said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

That's on you.

Okay you know what, did game of thrones happen to mention who won this war? Just go ahead and tell us since it's not a spoiler and you have a photographic memory. It could save us all a lot of time from having to watch it and see what happens.
PatAg
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

powerbelly said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

I have not read the book for this series.
If you are watching this season, as of this episode they are making it clear who is currently opposed and it is Rhaenyra and Allicent.
Who is on each of their side's is less clear, but is becoming clearer. They used the phrase "the greens" in this episode.
That being said, this is why I don't get involved in threads where I am very familiar with the source material and the thread is intended for people who haven't. read it. It's impossible to not reference it, even subconsciously. I don't think anyone is trying to spoil anything, though.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to spoil anything, it's just annoying when they do inadvertently because they can't help themselves.
canadiaggie
AG
There isn't a single spoiler on this page unless you mean the two posts discussing whether or not Rhaenyra's already clearly established faction will be called the Blacks or not.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
canadiaggie said:

There isn't a single spoiler on this page unless you mean the two posts discussing whether or not Rhaenyra's already clearly established faction will be called the Blacks or not.

A war between Greens and Blacks has not yet started. The Targs haven't even been called that yet in the show. So maybe keep discussion about the Blacks vs Greens war on the book thread.
combat wombat™
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

canadiaggie said:

A war between Greens and Blacks has not yet started. The Targs haven't even been called that yet in the show. So maybe keep discussion about the Blacks vs Greens war on the book thread.
You know what? You are hyper-sensitive. Anyone with half a brain can see what's coming. If you have a problem with non-spoiler spoilers, maybe you should simply avoid social media altogether when it comes to this topic. Your whining is getting a bit tired.
GreasenUSA
AG
Well I had been enjoying this thread. Guess I'm checking out now. Of course someone has to be a complete ******* out of spite and post spoilers the one time per week I catch up on the thread
Belton Ag
AG
Good lord
Ol Jock 99
AG
Flagged for trolling...
bluefire579
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Flagged for trolling...
Do this, folks, the more people who do it, the faster staff will see it.
Bunbury
AG
I love that they are slowing down individual episodes to take place in a brief period of time, but I do hope the time-jumps in-between episodes slows down. Without any spoilers, can anyone speak to if S2 or S3 will slow down and S1 is table-setting/context?
WES2006AG
AG
Just added my first person to the ignore list. People are such trash.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.