*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,387 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would bet a large majority are using default tv settings. IMO you shouldn't have to have a perfectly tuned tv in a dark room to see a scene.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Finally caught up. Still a little confused about...who is the bad guy on this show? Or is it like Veep where everyone is the bad guy.
redline248
AG
Larys is definitely a bad guy.

Aemond is turning into quite the heel.
The Porkchop Express
AG

Some idiots watch these type of shows with their spouses and it's the only chance they have to see each other all day and get this, during the show they talk about other things, like not the show! And thus occasionally miss details about the show! Unreal.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
redline248
AG
That's what the pause button is for
PatAg
AG
tk for tu juan said:

It was a pretty accurate recreation of being on a beach with just moonlight as the light source. Could see most of it on a OLED tv. What percentage of people complaining are probably still using the out of the box settings on their TV or watching on a mobile device?
I think it was trying to depict that, but was not really achieved. The picture quality of any outdoor season was pretty poor, even though I was able to still see what was going on. It was also not unwatchable, like a few in this thread stated. It wasnt as bad as the Game of Thronees episode, but from this interview they were both intentional.
just thought it was interesting to see the director of those two episodes' quotes on the topic.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

We had already moved rooms because of the darkness issue. Continuing to not be able to see had us lose interest in details we couldn't make out. Had no idea laenor was in the boat til I got on texags
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This may not be the show for you.
zap
AG
Is this the first episode where they have mentioned the Greens VS Blacks ?

Greens = Aegon Supporters
Blacks = Rhaenyra Supporters
OnlyForNow
AG
Outright?

Yes.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Whoa. Whoa. WHOA!!!!

I heard "green", but WTF is this "black" y'all are talking about?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Some idiots watch these type of shows with their spouses and it's the only chance they have to see each other all day and get this, during the show they talk about other things, like not the show! And thus occasionally miss details about the show! Unreal.

TCTTS spouse is the script he is currently reading while watching the show.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

That's what separate rooms and TVs are for.

My wife and I don't watch anything together even if we watch the same show. She has her TV and I have mine. We will talk about it after. Although we only watch a handful of the same shows anyway.

I'm int he main room, so if people are loud or distracting I will literally put my headphones in and tune everyone out.

Been married 33 years... this is the way.
BCG Disciple
AG

You should find some other white noise to have on in the background when talking to your wife.

I watch with headphones through my Roku remote after my wife goes to bed. And I still don't pick up on half the things these nerds do.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I just need to back off the thread this week. We found out we have to put our oldest dog down pretty soon on Sunday morning when we thought he just had an UTI. It's been making me easily upset off at all kinds of things that I normally don't get pissed off about, and I'm having trouble separating what's making me mad vs. what's just minorly annoying me. So, sorry for my numerous petty posts about not being able to see the episode. See you guys next Sunday.
Belton Ag
AG
This latest episode was the first time I had to use CC to pick up some of the things they were saying. I can't imagine trying to listen to the whispers on screen while having my wife blither on about how cute her sister's toenails were painted at their brunch this past weekend.
HossAg
AG
I had to turn them on briefly to understand what Daemon was saying to Otto.
combat wombat™
AG
I've read the books. My husband hasn't. He has the decency to PAUSE the show before asking for clarification.
CoppellAg93
AG
HossAg said:

My wife and I rewatched that comment 3 times and still didn't pick up all of it.
HossAg
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

HossAg said:

My wife and I rewatched that comment 3 times and still didn't pick up all of it.
Same, I tried 4 times and finally just turned the captions on.
HossAg
AG

I just need to back off the thread this week. We found out we have to put our oldest dog down pretty soon on Sunday morning when we thought he just had an UTI. It's been making me easily upset off at all kinds of things that I normally don't get pissed off about, and I'm having trouble separating what's making me mad vs. what's just minorly annoying me. So, sorry for my numerous petty posts about not being able to see the episode. See you guys next Sunday.
Damn. Sorry for your loss.
combat wombat™
AG
HossAg said:

So, what'd he say?
HossAg
AG
"No matter how fat the leech grows, it always wants for another meal"
Ol Jock 99
AG
Put me down in Team Too Dang Dark. Cutting off all the lights helped, but you make it dark with making it black.
CFTXAG10
AG
The more I dwell on the last episode the more I love Rhaenyra for setting Laenor free and convincing Daemon to go along with it and help. She has her faults as a character, but for some odd reason she is the only one I root for.
HossAg
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

The more I dwell on the last episode the more I love Rhaenyra for setting Laenor free and convincing Daemon to go along with it and help. She has her faults as a character, but for some odd reason she is the only one I root for.
Same. I hear a lot of people saying they can't root for anyone in this show, but I find it pretty easy to root for Rhaenyra.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Out of the kids, who are y'all rooting for? I saw Twitter and Reddit pretty divided on Jace Vs Aemond. The other greens are pretty despicable, but Aemond has a Rhaenarya-type personality imo. Jace is likable too, but he was bullying Aemond with his brother originally for not having a dragon.

I guess Jace has a Jon snow vibe, Aemond has a Dany type vibe.
Phrasing
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Out of the kids, who are y'all rooting for? I saw Twitter and Reddit pretty divided on Jace Vs Aemond. The other greens are pretty despicable, but Aemond has a Rhaenarya-type personality imo. Jace is likable too, but he was bullying Aemond with his brother originally for not having a dragon.

I guess Jace has a Jon snow vibe, Aemond has a Dany type vibe.
I guess I would be on team Jace, but only because I like Rhaenrya. You can tell that Aemond is going to be the one in charge on the green team - they are painting him as the bad ass and Aegon as the jerk off (quite literally). I'm very intrigued with the daughter - Heleana (sp?). It looks like they are painting her as some sort of dreamer or seer. In Ep 6 she was playing with her bugs and said something like "he will have to close an eye" as Alicent was talking to Aemon. Knowing now that he literally loses an eye - that seems like more than a coincidence. I'm really curious what her role will be going forward.

On the Black team - we just don't know enough about Jace or Luke to really root for either of them in my opinion, but I'm guessing we will get more into their characters next episode after the next time jump. I'm also curious as to where Corlys and Rhaenyse end up in all of this. They know the kids are *******s, and they think Laenor is dead, which was their link to them. I wonder if they will support Rhaenrya and Daemon or if they are more of their own side in all of this.

Lots going on and I can't wait for Sunday!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think the Velaryons are pretty much out of options other than to continue backing Rhaenyra. Her and Daemon are now parents to their two grandchildren by blood and their three grandchildren by name, so no reason to jump ship now. (No pun intended.)

The question about who they'll back as the heir is interesting though. But we know Corlys cares more about name than blood, so it's gonna have to be Jace.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As for who I'm rooting for, they had done a good job of getting me to sympathize with Aemond, up until the children's fight that is. I was on board with him going out to get the dragon before anyone else, but he still acted like a ****** to the two Velaryon girls. He has good reason to hate the Strong boys (being bullied by them), but the girls did nothing to him.

Seems like the Targaryen coin is going to land on the wrong side for him.

By default I'm going with Jace for now. He hasn't exactly done much to earn respect but he also hasn't proven to be unhinged either. The knife attack was a little much, but probably justified given Aemond threatening to kill Luke with a rock and going ape**** on the girls.
TCTTS
AG

Man, that sucks to hear. Sorry you guys are having to go through that, especially so unexpectedly.
PatAg
AG
No one mentioned it yet, but I liked Aegon stepping up and taking the pressure off his brother to reveal who told him the 'rumor' about Rhaenyra's kids.
cbr
AG
not a huge fan, but have to admit the letting the gay husband go, marrying the uncle, was a machiavellian move with a heart.

wonder if they should have just killed the husband and his boyfriend instead? could come back to bite them.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah, you got to wonder if anyone thinks it's weird there are two gay dudes, one with blonde hair, one with white skin, with a big dragon hanging out in the Summer Isles
Madmarttigan
AG
Ya know what's funny is we applaud Rhaenyra for letting Laenor live, but what about the poor guy that got tossed in the fire just minding his business going about his duty. Probably has kids that wondered what happened to him.

Daemon/Rhaenyra are still murderers but we didn't know him so ehhhh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.