*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,031 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a shame cause I really liked young Alicent and felt sorry about how her father used her, but damn if she hasn't grown up to be a ****.

I get that she's jealous of Rhaenyra, but she's the direct cause of this whole mess. She wants to rationalize everything to make herself the "good guy" and it's all about protecting her son, but if that was the case she would have just accepted Rhaenyra's marriage proposal. Aegon himself has no ambition for the throne - it's all her.

So now thousands of people will die all because Alicent is upset that her oldest friend gets to **** whoever she wants while Alicent had to shack up with some crusty old man.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, Olivia Cooke took over this thing within two scenes. She is killing it.
mernaggie12
AG
Her father really got in her head.

But, we know have a Littlefinger/Varys level character which had been lacking.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like how they beat around the bush on how the kids look and no one is like, "Forget the dark hair. Why aren't they black? Anyone seen Daemon's kids?"
DannyDuberstein
AG
"These boys is not black. These boys is not black. They ain't even old timey"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I like how they beat around the bush on how the kids look and no one is like, "Forget the dark hair. Why aren't they black? Anyone seen Daemon's kids?"

oragator
PatAg
AG
Kampfers said:

It's a shame cause I really liked young Alicent and felt sorry about how her father used her, but damn if she hasn't grown up to be a ****.

I get that she's jealous of Rhaenyra, but she's the direct cause of this whole mess. She wants to rationalize everything to make herself the "good guy" and it's all about protecting her son, but if that was the case she would have just accepted Rhaenyra's marriage proposal. Aegon himself has no ambition for the throne - it's all her.

So now thousands of people will die all because Alicent is upset that her oldest friend gets to **** whoever she wants while Alicent had to shack up with some crusty old man.
I think maybe Rhaenyra having *******s might be the direct cause of the whole mess.
Vince Blake
I watch these episodes with surround sound headphones. That first birthing scene sounded like squeezing out the last bit of ketchup from the plastic bottle.

Crazy episode. It was like the first episode to a new season. Feels like we're about to get down to it.
combat wombat™
AG
PatAg said:

Kampfers said:

I think maybe Rhaenyra having *******s might be the direct cause of the whole mess.

No. Rhaenyra's son was going to eventually be king because she was heir… not because of who his father was. Lawn or is. It stupid. He knows the kids are not his. His okay with it.

Alicent is jealous and power hungry. She is, quite literally, a troublemaker.
Lathspell
AG
Okay... I thought they were supposed to be impervious to fire. Is that only the royal line?
combat wombat™
AG
Didn't notice the bloody trail R left in her wake when returning to her rooms from the Kin/Queen's chambers?
PatAg
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Okay... I thought they were supposed to be impervious to fire. Is that only the royal line?
dont think that's really a thing
combat wombat™
AG
PatAg said:

DallasTeleAg said:

It was with Danerys.
PatAg
AG
combat wombat said:

PatAg said:

Kampfers said:

No. Rhaenyra's son was going to eventually be king because she was heir… not because of who his father was. Lawn or is. It stupid. He knows the kids are not his. His okay with it.

*******s dont ascend the throne if it is known/proven they are *******s.
Lathspell
AG
PatAg said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Ahh.. I see. Just a thing the show runners did for the Daenerys character. Well, that was confusing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Targaryens are not immune to fire.
combat wombat™
AG
Yeah, I know. But Alicent is just hateful. So is Criston Cole.
Madmarttigan
AG
This show is boring me to tears and I don't even care who comes out on top. I don't like any of them.
Icecream_Ag
S
DallasTeleAg said:

PatAg said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Ahh.. I see. Just a thing the show runners did for the Daenerys character. Well, that was confusing.
the funeral pyre scene was in the books iirc what the book readers said, but that was an exception. The fire in the dothraki tent was all d&d though.
Proc92
this episode seemed more like an episode of dynasty or the bold and the beautiful. Too much birthing details and sounds and hateful, scheming women on petty relationship issues.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So what's Larys' endgame here?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Also, Olivia Cooke took over this thing within two scenes. She is killing it.

i like her....however since there was so much debate about replacements.....

Older Rhanaerya is more like her younger version than older Allicent is like her younger version. In behavior I mean.

But of course 10 years have passed but Allicent is much more assertive. A downright ***** really. While the older Rhanerya, to me, seems much more like her younger self. Still very snarky in her replies and sharp tongued. Put upon as well. Allicent has 10 years of being the queen though so perhaps it is just that. she is now used to getting what she wants (except where the king is concerned) as opposed to her more humble demeanor we saw in the first few episodes.

Of the two though Allicent is just about that personal drama.... Rhaenrya is playing the game and knows when to pack up and move.

We got a classic chick fight here on a massive level when it goes down.

And we needed a villain well..... Larys delivers. What a ****ing evil snake.

combat wombat™
AG
Queen owes him. What's he want ? Who knows.
Madmarttigan
AG
Proc92 said:

this episode seemed more like an episode of dynasty or the bold and the beautiful. Too much birthing details and sounds and hateful, scheming women on petty relationship issues.

That has been this entire freaking series. They show a few dragons for flare and otherwise it's a dull rated R 12th century political gossip drama.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Proc92 said:

That has been this entire freaking series. They show a few dragons for flare and otherwise it's a dull rated
R 12th century political gossip drama.

Funny to me though this seems like about 3 episodes of GOT in how much happened. Because it's a focus on one family and not 9 families and 6 other minor character arcs concurrent over 2 whole continents.

It's building and I'm willing to be we get that payoff in the stretch run of episodes.

Proc92
Will there be any introduced existential threat to the kingdom or will this just be a power struggle between these women?
tremble
AG
Pretty clearly a sociopath. I think he's this season's Littlefinger with no scruples (yeah, work with me here).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
oragator said:

I loved how they didn't spoon feed the background on all the new kids, relationships and plot lines instantly and just let them tell their own stories. This is such a well written show.

This. 15 minutes in I was like, "Wait, what the hell is going on?" to the point of starting a mental checklist of everything I was going to ask in this thread. But by the end of the episode they managed to answer every question I had either directly or through subtle dialogue/context clues.

Best episode of the season, IMO.

And I'm even loving the time jump/new cast. Both Emma D'Arcy and Olivia Cooke are killing it.
Phrasing
AG
Yep. Totally agree. Emma did an amazing job.
tk for tu juan
Was that Biggio, Bagwell, and Berkman that set Harrenhal on fire?
tk for tu juan
Alicent took to heart the talk that Otto gave her about the stark reality she and her kids are facing in the future and has been preparing for it over the last 10 years. Including getting Ser Criston Cole to train her kids to fight ruthlessly and giving less training to Rhaenyra's kids. Now Rhaenyra at least has Laenor, his boy toy, and probably Daemon (at some point) to train them separately on Dragonstone
CondensedFogAggie
PatAg said:

combat wombat said:

PatAg said:

Kampfers said:

*******s dont ascend the throne if it is known/proven they are *******s.

Not really.

Aegon IV legitimized his *******s right before his death. Which eventually led to the Blackfyre rebellion and 5 generations of strife.

If Rhaenyra's sons were somehow proven to be a *******s, everything would likely depend on Viserys. Would he get pissed and banish Rhaenyra, or would he legitimize his grandkids.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Madmarttigan said:

This show is boring me to tears and I don't even care who comes out on top. I don't like any of them.

I am approaching the pull the plug point. Right now they are surviving on good will GoT built with me. With how crappy that show ended, not sure how much credit they have left with me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.