New coach

147,207 Views | 932 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ_90
_mpaul
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mullokmotx said:

Arizona State let their coach go. Made NCAA regional in 4 of 6 full seasons. He made Indiana into a power when he was there from 2006 to 2014.
Interesting. I was an advocate of hiring him when he was at Indiana.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
Maroon Elephant
AG
I agree. DBU is one of those hidden DFW academic gems that a lot of folks don't know much about. Every DBU grad I've worked with has been very impressive.
TAL06RES
AG
_mpaul said:

mullokmotx said:

Arizona State let their coach go. Made NCAA regional in 4 of 6 full seasons. He made Indiana into a power when he was there from 2006 to 2014.
Interesting. I was an advocate of hiring him when he was at Indiana.

Kinda some bad luck for the guy. His team last year was one of the best in the country, didn't get the chance to prove it because of Covid. Then this year his squad was bit with the injury bug... little too quick of a trigger for a school that's having to rebuild after their sanctions.
RuffStuff87
From Killer Frogs last night -

Couple notes from what I've put together today:

- There was dialogue between TCU and Schloss/his camp either recently or today, they understand Schloss's frustrations and interest in a fresh start.

- TCU has essentially asked for the "last meeting" to try and get him to stay, large contract will be offered, plans for program investments with VBo/Board level investment in those promises.

- Nobody seems hopeful This may have been cooking too long. You can back up a little, but can't rewind to the start.

- A&M may be thinking of waiting, to interview Heefner this week ahead of the DBU Super. Good for TCU, time helps us as we build our case and offer.

- Get the sense, if Schloss leaves, Heefner will get an interview if he is interested. Saarloos also a favorite, that's the "continuation" strategy.
drthoop
AG
RuffStuff87 said:

- A&M may be thinking of waiting, to interview Heefner this week

I really don't see us hiring a mid major. Not saying he isn't an excellent coach, just saying I don't think we'll go there.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
RuffStuff87
drthoop said:

RuffStuff87 said:

I really don't see us hiring a mid major. Not saying he isn't an excellent coach, just saying I don't think we'll go there.
Neither do I.

I was just bringing over what the TCU boards were saying....
twk
AG
drthoop said:

RuffStuff87 said:

Not that one, any way. I think we'd hire Godwin from ECU before we'd hire Heefner. If Heefner wants a big time job (and I'm not sure he does), he's going to need to prove himself at a middle tier Power 5, like Baylor, or TCU if he was lucky enough to get that, before one of the big jobs will seriously look at him.
drthoop
AG
twk said:

drthoop said:

RuffStuff87 said:

Not that one, any way. I think we'd hire Godwin from ECU before we'd hire Heefner. If Heefner wants a big time job (and I'm not sure he does), he's going to need to prove himself at a middle tier Power 5, like Baylor, or TCU if he was lucky enough to get that, before one of the big jobs will seriously look at him.
Agree Tom. If we were to go mid major I think it would be Godwin.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
LOYAL AG
AG
TCU would be smart to talk to Heefner before promoting Sarloos. IMO he's a better hire just because he's a proven head coach in that area. Sarloos comes with a lot of risk. This is assuming we're hiring Schloss.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Aggiehunt
AG
RuffStuff87 said:

drthoop said:

RuffStuff87 said:

Neither do I.

Not a shot at you, but how would the TCU boards know what the A&M athletic department is doing in terms of interviews and job offers?
Farmer1906
AG
I think yall are reading that wrong. TCU was doing the interviewing of Heefner.
agcrock2005
AG
Aggiehunt said:

RuffStuff87 said:

drthoop said:

RuffStuff87 said:

Neither do I.

Not a shot at you, but how would the TCU boards know what the A&M athletic department is doing in terms of interviews and job offers?
Same way we would have insiders telling us about another school trying to poach one of our coaches?
JohnnieBB
AG
If Bjork waits too long we will end up with a T-Ball coach!!! But, then again, maybe we need one. Hopefully, he has already talked to several coaches.
LOYAL AG
AG
JohnnieBB said:

If Bjork waits too long we will end up with a T-Ball coach!!! But, then again, maybe we need one. Hopefully, he has already talked to several coaches.
Overreact much? Going into this the timeline was next week after Super Regionals at the earliest. It's only because TCU's season ended earlier than expected that wrapping it up this week is even a possibility.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Luke The Drifter
AG
JohnnieBB said:

Good grief. Do you even have an inkling of how the process works? I guarantee you Bjork was talking to potential replacement candidates a year or more ago.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
TxA&Mhunter
AG
Honestly releasing information Wednesday evening is ideal! Mainly Bc it would Be talked about during the super regional baseball games...
Captain Pablo
AG
JohnnieBB said:

What the heck?
Spyderman
AG
Would Sarloos follow JS perhaps?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
twk
AG
Spyderman said:

I doubt it. He's probably going to get the head coach job at TCU, and even if he doesn't, he may be looking to move up to a head coaching position rather than another pitching coach gig.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Luicci on the radio about an hour ago still seemed confident will be Schloss.
powerbelly
AG
twk said:

Spyderman said:

I doubt it. He's probably going to get the head coach job at TCU, and even if he doesn't, he may be looking to move up to a head coaching position rather than another pitching coach gig.
I wonder if he is waiting for the Fullerton job to come open.
ftworthag02
AG
https://d1baseball.com/coaching-buzz/coach-buzz-cs-fullertons-vanderhook-retires-candidate-hot-board/
powerbelly
AG
ftworthag02 said:

https://d1baseball.com/coaching-buzz/coach-buzz-cs-fullertons-vanderhook-retires-candidate-hot-board/
Interesting. I missed that.
twk
AG
powerbelly said:

ftworthag02 said:

Interesting. I missed that.
That's the other opening I had in mind. I think his days as an assistant are over, one way or another.
TXAGBQ76
AG
what an uneducated post
Angry
AG
powerbelly said:

twk said:

Spyderman said:

I wonder if he is waiting for the Fullerton job to come open.

Someone on the TCU board set he turned it down already.
TXAGBQ76
AG
the C-SF or TCU job?
Angry
AG
They said Sarloos turned down the Fullerton job. Can't remember where I saw it now, though.
ftworthag02
AG
I bet the fullerton job
TXAGBQ76
AG
gottcha, thanks!
Farmer1906
AG
He turned down Rice a few years ago.
agcrock2005
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Damn! Dude's wife must really like Ft. Worth!
powerbelly
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Rice isn't the job it once was.
GoodAg21
Yup because they decided to be like a Yale instead of a Stanford. They've faded into irrelevancy.
agcrock2005
AG
powerbelly said:

agcrock2005 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Rice isn't the job it once was.
Was it a "few years ago" though? I really don't know but I remember Rice being a powerhouse a decade ago. When did that change?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.