New coach

147,219 Views | 932 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQ_90
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twk said:

What a waste of time, registering to post something completely off the wall. I guess folks have time on their hands.
I enjoy a well-crafted ****post.
ftworthag02
AG
O'Sullivan to lsu, schloss to Florida, vitello to A&M.
Amarillo Slim
AG
ftworthag02 said:

O'Sullivan to lsu, schloss to Florida, vitello to A&M.
Not as far fetched as you think. schloss and vitello might be interchanged
"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
BQ_90
AG
BigScoop said:

Will Bolt is another name that is really moving up the list

He knows the VanHorn methods, from the College Station suburbs of Conroe, has the Texas JuCo connection like VanHorn did and he has found out that the Big 10 just does not care about baseball

His family is young, but he wants his kids to grow up around an AAU university and have a chance to experience that and to have the leg up on admissions as they get older

Depending on how things go to end this season he could move to at or near the top of the list
He's at the top of the list that will not get the job at A&M
Serious Lee
its like we're all puttin in orders for pappy van winkle and you keep trying to peddle us jim beam
TAL06RES
AG
Hi Will...
Aggies2009
AG
So now Corndog is looking for a coach too.
TAL06RES
AG
Man, I'm sure he's a great coach, but I think you're missing the point of this coaching change. Not to mention throwing out Whitting earlier basically makes everything else you say not at all believable. A&M ain't hiring a dude that's getting fired by Cougar High. To even bring it up killed any credibility you wished to have.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Careful rook, you're approaching your post limit with all these juicy scoops
RED AG 98
AG
I for one am holding out hope for his distant cousin, Roy D. Mercer.
hunter2012
AG
rdunham98 said:

I for one am holding out hope for his distant cousin, Roy D. Mercer.

How big a boy are ya?
Spyderman
AG
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Amarillo Slim
AG
BigScoop said:

The contacts that A&M is using to feel out Bakich are telling A&M they really need to take a hard look at Jeff Mercer.

He is a very young guy, but he brings his lunch box and he was Big 10 coach of the year his first season at Indiana. I realize that is like being an Academic All American at LSU, but they say he is just a solid all around coach and with everything A&M offers he could be a multi-decade winner.
I am more in the corner of bringing in a nationally known name so that given the new transfer rules we can potentially return to Omaha in the next year or two. Mercer may be a great choice but he doesn't have the gravitas to pull in big time transfers yet........imo.

If its not O'Sullivan, McDonnel, Schlossnagle, then perhaps one of these up and coming coaches like the ones at ND, Michigan, ECU or Vitello ride a CWS run into College Station.
"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
AG512
AG
BigScoop said:

He knows the VanHorn methods, from the College Station suburbs of Conroe, has the Texas JuCo connection like VanHorn did and he has found out that the Big 10 just does not care about baseball

His family is young, but he wants his kids to grow up around an AAU university and have a chance to experience that and to have the leg up on admissions as they get older

Depending on how things go to end this season he could move to at or near the top of the list

Dude...he played at Nebraska in the CWS. What is this nonsense?
AG
TAL06RES said:

Man, I'm sure he's a great coach, but I think you're missing the point of this coaching change. Not to mention throwing out Whitting earlier basically makes everything else you say not at all believable. A&M ain't hiring a dude that's getting fired by Cougar High. To even bring it up killed any credibility you wished to have.

Not to mention Will Bolt...
Ag 11
AG
Quote:

powerbelly
AG
Lots of people getting hooked by this troll.
dermdoc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm biased, but I definitely like Schloss as a human more than Vitello.
First of all, I deeply respect your opinion.

Have observed Schloss and he seems petty(the glove search deal), heard sour grapes from some of his former players(I take that with a huge grain of salt), and the most bothersome thing to me that he had a girlfriend while married and took her kid on road trips.

Talk me into Schloss.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm biased, but I definitely like Schloss as a human more than Vitello.
First of all, I deeply respect your opinion.

Have observed Schloss and he seems petty(the glove search deal), heard sour grapes from some of his former players(I take that with a huge grain of salt), and the most bothersome thing to me that he had a girlfriend while married and took her kid on road trips.

Talk me into Schloss.
I must be the only one who has no problem with the glove search deal.
dermdoc
AG
To be honest, it did not bother me at all. I think losing and the whole Hyman thing was what left a bad taste in my mouth from that super.

The side piece and and taking her kid to away games does bother me.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
dermdoc said:

To be honest, it did not bother me at all. I think losing and the whole Hyman thing was what left a bad taste in my mouth from that super.

That seems to show extremely poor judgment.
TAL06RES
AG
Agreed on the side piece deal. Especially after watching Skip Bertman "hold the rope"... dude didn't even stay in the same room as his wife in Omaha.
TxA&Mhunter
AG
Well, while I or you might not agree with that lifestyle... we also don't truly know what he and his wife's relationship was like, what understandings /agreements or openness they had... so assuming can get us in to trouble...
TAL06RES
AG
I don't care what agreement he may or may not have. But I can tell you that if you're bringing a mistress on road trips your mind isn't on winning.
powerbelly
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

Well, while I or you might not agree with that lifestyle... we also don't truly know what he and his wife's relationship was like, what understandings /agreements or openness they had... so assuming can get us in to trouble...
Roadtrips aren't vacations. They are business trips.

TxA&Mhunter
AG
I understand that, perhaps she was there to destress him lol

Also To ask... a coach who brings his wife... does the same go for him ?
dermdoc
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

Fair enough. I would never cheat but if I did, I would certainly not flaunt it and make my employer look bad. Especially if it was A&M.

When you are a coach at Texas A&M, to me there is a public standard you have to portray. Part of the job imho.
ftworthag02
AG
Pretty sure his ex moved into our neighborhood. Need to go introduce myself and get the inside scoop
Matt_ag98
powerbelly said:

dermdoc said:

Sounds like that was one motorcycle ride away from being major news #Petrino
powerbelly
AG
Matt_ag98 said:

powerbelly said:

dermdoc said:

Sounds like that was one motorcycle ride away from being major news #Petrino
That was only big news because she worked for the AD.
TAL06RES
AG
I'd say in general no. If your wife is a distraction though, then yes. Don't believe I've ever seen that though.

The nature of the other is a distraction in itself.
powerbelly
AG
TxA&Mhunter said:

I understand that, perhaps she was there to destress him lol

Also To ask... a coach who brings his wife... does the same go for him ?
IMO opinion, yes, coaches should not be traveling with significant others on roadtrips.
dermdoc
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Pretty sure his ex moved into our neighborhood. Need to go introduce myself and get the inside scoop
Inquiring minds want to know.
Amarillo Slim
AG
Had an interesting conversation with my oldest thus am who is the head baseball coach of one of top high school programs in La. His opinion after many years of dealing with college coaches and attending conventions where they speak is that if Schloss or Vitello fall through Heefner would be top of his list.

Just sharing thoughts of someone who has been in the profession for years and had multiple players get D1 schollys.
LOYAL AG
AG
JakeSmalls said:

Had an interesting conversation with my oldest thus am who is the head baseball coach of one of top high school programs in La. His opinion after many years of dealing with college coaches and attending conventions where they speak is that if Schloss or Vitello fall through Heefner would be top of his list.

Just sharing thoughts of someone who has been in the profession for years and had multiple players get D1 schollys.
That is an interesting perspective. So what are his thoughts on Schloss and Vitello? I'm assuming he's met and listened to both of them.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.